"wild style"....or not

Stat..125

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/film/...tent_id=2006908

check this shit out, its kind of funny.

Hollywod reporter

Oct. 21, 2003

New Line tags 'Wild' pitch for Sandbox Ent.

New Line Cinema is readying an urban feature set in the world of graffiti as the studio has picked up Michael Bacall and John Morgan's pitch "Wild Style," with Noah Emmerich's Sandbox Entertainment attached to produce. Although the project currently shares the same title as the 1982 hip-hop docudrama that became a cult favorite, this "Wild Style" is not a remake of that film. The project's specific log line is being kept under wraps, but it is said to be in the vein of "8 Mile." "It is set in this real Los Angeles underground counterculture society that is populated by some truly incredible artists," said Emmerich. "And Michael has come up with a beautiful story that chronicles a young man's journey in that world." (Josh Spector) FULL STORY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Oct. 21, 2003

New Line tags 'Wild' pitch for Sandbox Ent.

New Line Cinema is readying afalse depiction urban feature set in the world of graffiti(from an not knowing a thing about graf ass mofo perspective) as the studio has picked up Michael Bacall and John Morgan's pitch "Wild Style," with Noah Emmerich's Sandbox Entertainment attached to produce. Although the project currently shares the same title as the 1982 hip-hop docudrama that became a cult(correction: <span style='color:black'>"CULTURE"</span>)favorite, this "Wild Style" is not a remake(THANK GOODNESS) of that film. The project's specific log line is being kept under wraps, but it is said to be in the vein of "8 Mile." "It is set in this(SUPPOSED TO BE) real Los Angeles underground counterculture society that is populated by some truly incredible artists," said Emmerich. "And Michael has come up with a beautiful story that chronicles a young man's journey in that world." (Josh Spector)

BIG BANK MONOPOLIZING .BLANK BLANKS ALWAYS HAVE TO DIVE IN AND F*CK SOMETHING UP AND HAVE THE MAIN STREAM BELIEVING THIER VERSION . LEAVE THE NAME ALONE I SAY

hollywood was destined to make a graff movie eventually, and it's stupid. but what will make me furious are the people who learn terminology incorrectly from the film or who are going to get the idea that it's a good idea for everyone to start writing. the movie wouldn't matter if everyone wasn't so retarded.

actually, it'd be amazing if the movie included the kid getting sucked into 12oz and not painting anymore, and then his friends start giving him shit for it, and he retreats into channel zero rather than have real conversations with people...fuck. that wouldn't be funny at all.

It's gonna be like Fast and the Furious. People saw that movie and Illegal Street Racing became pretty fucking popular. Now graffiti will be some huge fad with highschool preps. But I don't know what I'm talking about sometimes. I'm kinda talking out of my ass at the moment.

Originally posted by Sickboy

It's gonna be like Fast and the Furious. People saw that movie and Illegal Street Racing became pretty fucking popular. Now graffiti will be some huge fad with highschool preps. But I don't know what I'm talking about sometimes. I'm kinda talking out of my ass at the moment.

funny you say that cause graff is already popular with highschool preps (well, preps in denial) out by me.

yeah this will make it worse.

I'd see it. I knew it would happen, i dont really care about the media pimping graffiti. What are you gonnna do? If it happens, it happens, oh well. I dont really care about kids jumping on the band wagon either because everyone out here considers themself a "tagger" already....im used to that, it cant get any worse.

...plus the movie might be good for a laugh....

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

hollywood was destined to make a graff movie eventually, and it's stupid. but what will make me furious are the people who learn terminology incorrectly from the film or who are going to get the idea that it's a good idea for everyone to start writing. the movie wouldn't matter if everyone wasn't so retarded.

actually, it'd be amazing if the movie included the kid getting sucked into 12oz and not painting anymore, and then his friends start giving him shit for it, and he retreats into channel zero rather than have real conversations with people...fuck. that wouldn't be funny at all.

NOW THATS THE TICKET

I hate the perspective of graffitti as art........it's not.

Everyone will think it is when this movie comes out.

Fuck that, i would plan on putting stickers on every car outside the movie theater but that would only affect the people in my direct area and the peopel in that time frame, thus leaveing a majority of peopel around the nation to view such a dispicable film and think bullshit of what graffitti is...........hmmmmm........anybody want to start a little revolution if this movie comes out with me.

let me know.

uh, am i the only one who has noticed that graffiti has been getting "pimped" for several years now? Advertisements, shirts at hot topic, little rubber "pieces" on the soles of shoes, etc...

Dude, graffiti is like skateboarding for chrissakes. Every few years it gets super popular for about 5-6 months and then it dies down again for another 3-4 years until popular culture squeezes the juice outta the hottest thing at the moment. Then, everyone goes rummaging through the closet, digs graffiti out, dusts it off and then presto! Quick fix for an increasingly hollow and tepid popular culture.

Seriosuly....anything that is elusive, "underground", on the down-low.....they pay people to look for new trends so the big corps can exploit shit to the utmost. Stop bitching, this is nothing new.

i hope we get to see AWR/MSK cameos if this is indeed gonna be in L.A. CBS?

Originally posted by LENS

uh, am i the only one who has noticed that graffiti has been getting "pimped" for several years now? Advertisements, shirts at hot topic, little rubber "pieces" on the soles of shoes, etc...

Dude, graffiti is like skateboarding for chrissakes. Every few years it gets super popular for about 5-6 months and then it dies down again for another 3-4 years until popular culture squeezes the juice outta the hottest thing at the moment. Then, everyone goes rummaging through the closet, digs graffiti out, dusts it off and then presto! Quick fix for an increasingly hollow and tepid popular culture.

Seriosuly....anything that is elusive, "underground", on the down-low.....they pay people to look for new trends so the big corps can exploit shit to the utmost. Stop bitching, this is nothing new.

i hope we get to see AWR/MSK cameos if this is indeed gonna be in L.A. CBS?

yeah exactly, but it hasn't been like this since the mid 80's (movies like breakin, which had a hottie female star). i see all these yuppie abercrombie asses wearing name belt buckles and graffed out airbrushed jeans and hats.

hey thank commercial hip hop for turning graff into fashion for yuppies. i mean companies like tribal, writer bench, one serious threat, are owned by writers, so i can't hate on them. but when louie vaton (spelling) drops a graff inspired fahion bag.....cmon.

i am a child of the 80's and i am enjoying lots of the retro stuff, but some of it is straight up corny, and it's all on it way out.

ok guys lets make it official the 90's are coming back:

carharts, timbs, 40 and blunt shirts, cross colors, hooded long sleave t's, black medallions and beads, red green or black reeboks, overall shorts, lines shaved in the eyebrows and or hair, and starter jackets.

or

grunge, flannels, longer hair, and ummmm

eiter way it's all bullshit pumped out by the stars, artists, designers, and pimps who so obviously steal from street kids, youth culture or whatever you want to call it. OR they mass market throwback styles and candy coat it .

Originally posted by the_gooch

ok guys lets make it official the 90's are coming back:

carharts, timbs, 40 and blunt shirts, cross colors, hooded long sleave t's, black medallions and beads, red green or black reeboks, overall shorts, lines shaved in the eyebrows and or hair, and starter jackets.

or

grunge, flannels, longer hair, and ummmm

eiter way it's all bullshit pumped out by the stars, artists, designers, and pimps who so obviously steal from street kids, youth culture or whatever you want to call it. OR they mass market throwback styles and candy coat it .

fuck yeah, i'm down

Damn didn’t mean to ruin people’s day……..but this didn’t bother me as much as when I saw graffiti in a jolly rancher commercial….that’s where I lost it. But what evs….

You never know maybe they will do a really good job, in depicting graf culture…..doubt it but we won’t know till it comes out……..

Let the games begin...

10 bucks says the star is a white kid or Mekhi Phifer.

Bonus 5 bucks to me if they try and sign on Eminem as the dickhead that likes to line people for fame.

100 points in the game of life if they remake the original "Wild Style" scene for scene.

50 bonus points if they talk about Seen.

-200 points if they include a 50 Cent song on the soundtrack.

You can punch me in the face if this movie breaks 50 million dollars.

Originally posted by Sickboy

no way man your speaking the truth. if this movie gets any bit popular, or is exciting like when the fast and the furious first came out. graffiti is fucked. yards will be ruined. spots blown up. laws against graff get more harsh. God i hope this movie fucking flops.