Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

WIKIPEDIA

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Weapon X, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Yo, I've been on that shit for a while now.

http://www.wikipedia.org

I had a question about Magik (Illyana, Colussus' sister from back in the day). It was a burning question. She was one of my favourite Marvel characters back in the day and I was wondering what ever happened to her. I looked all over the place and couldn't get a straight answer. I couldn't even figure out what her history was, as I hadn't read about her in ages.

Then I turned to wikipedia and realized that they had a ton of info on her, as well as a whole slew of other Marvel characters. This shit is awesome.

*so it told me a lot about her history, but then I asked some 40 year old gay German dude on a comic message board I go to and he told me the latest.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

btw, she is still dead. But the SoulSword is around. It's actually central to the new NightCrawler mini, from what I hear.

3. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

What I'm trying to get at is that I give a whole lot of props to a site that has shit on everything - even popculture things like this.

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

wikipedia is an 'open source' info database. anyone can add to it.
    you could write up things on all your little comic book heroes if you wanted.
    oh joy.

5. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

If it is an open source, doesn't that mean that people could just add total bullshit to it?

This concerns me, because my motto is "Don't believe everything you hear...unless it's on the internet."

6. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

Yeah ill give wikipedia props.
    Theyre usually on point with everything i come across, but the bullshit in there is pretty easy to spot, usually.

7. mkonji

mkonji Member

I love wikipedia, i can spend ages reading stuff on there.

8. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

I'm pretty sure they either screen stuff before it goes up or take stupid shit down after somebody puts it up. I've never seen random bullshit up there before.

9. JohnnyHorton

JohnnyHorton Senior Member

haha
    you're back in full prick mode

10. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

11. FunTimePartyTeam

FunTimePartyTeam Senior Member

Have you read that new nightcrawler mini? I miss my xmen comics.

12. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

13. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

Wikipedia is definitly the good shit. Wired had a huge article on the site about a year ago, the way it's run is really unique. They have volunteers that constently check up on all new updates in order to prevent false information or hate propaganda. They were talking about how something like "Islam" always draws hate propaganda and it always lasts for about a minute, tops, before it's changed by the volunteers.

14. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

nah...the only X-Men I've read recently is a few issues of Astonishing X-Men, which ain't bad. I just didn't like the way they brought back Colussus, though.

15. imported_b0b

imported_b0b Guest

Wikipedia is kind of like "ask the audience" in Who wants to be a millionaire?". The collecitve knowledge is, generally, better than an individuals. However Wikipedia is by far best for fidning out old tech stuff from, as it is mainly geeks on there.