wierdo rap

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

OK, I found the tape, but it's just the tape, no sleeve so I have to listen to it to get some lyrics. The tape is called Licensed to Heal:lol:

Track Listing:

1. Education is Key

2. Time Zone

3. Rigor Mortis

4. Good, Betta, Best

5. Last Cry

6.You're the Only One For Me

7. Generation X

8. Code of Ethics

9. I Believe in You

10. See Ya

I think my dad bought this for me when I was like 12 or something. I was like, what the fuck??!:lol:

Guest L.RonHubbard

Atmosphere, Aes Rock, Can Ox, and that shit is really not weirdo rap. Thats just new underground shit, and underground is not necessarily weirdo. Weirdo rap is that shit that you just can quite call rap, stuff that you really cant take seriously like Paul Barman, Princess Superstar, Shapeshifters, Dose, DJ VADIM, Mangina and whatnot.

I hate weirdo rap for the most part. But i love Shapeshifters and Mangina, and i can even listen to dose at times, some of the shit is live, but others are just bogus.

kool keith is weirdo...and lots of people dig him..me being one..circus from the shapeshifters is a writer...i like shapeshifters..i just like hiphop..as well as many other genres...hiphop is hiphop...no 2 ways around it...if you dont like it...it doesn't necessarily mean it sucks..its just not for you...some people see beauty in what others see as shit...

Originally posted by Wilt

kool keith is weirdo...and lots of people dig him..me being one..circus from the shapeshifters is a writer...i like shapeshifters..i just like hiphop..as well as many other genres...hiphop is hiphop...no 2 ways around it...if you dont like it...it doesn't necessarily mean it sucks..its just not for you...some people see beauty in what others see as shit...

i feel what wilt's saying. i'd also like to say i love a lot of the absract shit. the way shit we automatically hear as good, is usual, and at first is just the shit weve heard before, but just happens to have different mc's and lyrics. a comparison would be a lot of writers out there using styles of like ces and att cats many others of course), and we see them as fresh. but really, they're not being dangerous, cause its already been done. making those biten pieces mediocre, in the end. i get sick of the same beat patterns and the same structure of word usage. i want to hear some innovation. some true expression of one's creative voice. just give this underground abstract shit a chance. some day you'll be able to discover the guiness involved. open up and you will see...

THE CAWZ

Guest euthana5ia

buh buh buh buh buck 65....

and uh....sebutones/sixtoo....i dont know i dont really like a lot of the others though. why and odd nosdam, cloudead and dose are alright

its funny that it's given a label, but....

i'll admit, i'm so into it, i can't listen to any regular hip hop anymore. only early nineties classic stuff. shapeshifters, restiform, deep puddle, buck65, Gov Bolts, total "whitey" rap.

while we're on this subject, does anyone else think that there's a fine line between being creative and just being outright pretentious? like, some of dose's lyrics are so clever, and some of his other lyrics just come off as psuedo-intellectual. its strange, i have a love hate relationship with this music.

I prefer to call it "gimmick rap". Weird is one thing, but alot of it is just focusing on one thing and basing the group around it. That shit licks ass...like princess superstar...I couldn't make it through that damn video...its just TOO FUCKING REPETATIVE!! I wanted to hurt people after the 80th time she said "I'm a bad babysitter, i got my blah blah blah" There should be laws against THAT kind of crap. But "whitey" rap doesn't really fit the same category.

Archived