Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

why

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by paint trains, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paint trains

paint trains Junior Member

I'm just wondering if any of you know why right near my house there is a parked coalie... no engine or anything, just about 3 carriages or so and around it is a big fence, and it isnt on any tracks...

Any of you know why it is there?:confused:

(if you are wondering what a coalie is)> http://perthtrains.nachohat.org/image/2310/

i'm not sure how to post pictures yet... :confused:

2. und busboy

und busboy New Jack

Maybe the freights are sitting there awaiting repair. They were probablly taken off the tracks because they werent safe on them and fenced in so they might be protected against vandalism or any other damage..

As far as posting images, just go to www.imgspot.com and upload your pics on there and copy and paste the url.

3. paint trains

no the train was near no maintainence centers and the coalie was already painted on.

4. und busboy

und busboy New Jack

Really?! Doesnt seem to make much sense why they would be there.. I have no idea:eek:

5. SWX1994

SWX1994 Member

if im not mistaken, a coalie is what australian writers call coal cars.
    there is a small write up on "coalies" in the Spring 96 issue of steel wheels.

i dont know about down under but in the us if a cut of cars is chillin somewhere without any tracks it usually means it is scrapped, but i have very rarely seen trains without tracks.

6. amish son

amish son Senior Member

its a coal car who gives a fuck.....

7. paint trains

Re: Re: why

well i went back there yesterday and it was on a one lane abandoned line, and i walked down it and the track kept going.. im not sure where it would end up :eek:

8. paint trains

whats wrong with them?

9. IRON HEAD

IRON HEAD Senior Member

It's probably a collectors... who knows and who cares... just dont paint it would be my advice

10. paint trains

Nah they wouldnt be able to get a hold of one here..

and why shouldnt i paint on it?

11. alabama

alabama Member

Re: Re: why

funny.....

i dont know where to start with this thread. my biggest problem is that you say these tracks are by your house, but you dont know where they go.....?

12. paint trains

Re: Re: Re: why

no.. i said that i have followed these tracks for awhile and i didnt know where it ended so didnt go as far as it went..........;)

13. nelACKson

nelACKson Elite Member

if the car has been sitting for along time dont paint it. it probably means it wont be leaving any time soon and people will notice. painting trains that leave the yard the next day is ok because people who work around those cars probably wont notice if theyre painted or not from one day to the next....check the surface of the track, if theres a lot of rust developed on the top it probably means that lines abandoned and so is the car. if the track is shiney on top if may get some service but that still doesnt mean it will be leaving soon. keep an eye on it...and i dont know how it is in austrailia but i wouldnt be sweating a coal car either...unless its all you got....in that case do a fucking wholecar. seriously.

14. ballaboma

ballaboma New Jack

dude just suss it out ,paint with a diffrent word and get a flick and go home

15. paint trains

different word?? why? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.