why

paint trains

I'm just wondering if any of you know why right near my house there is a parked coalie... no engine or anything, just about 3 carriages or so and around it is a big fence, and it isnt on any tracks...

Any of you know why it is there?:confused:

(if you are wondering what a coalie is)> http://perthtrains.nachohat.org/image/2310/

i'm not sure how to post pictures yet... :confused:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Maybe the freights are sitting there awaiting repair. They were probablly taken off the tracks because they werent safe on them and fenced in so they might be protected against vandalism or any other damage..

As far as posting images, just go to www.imgspot.com and upload your pics on there and copy and paste the url.

Originally posted by paint trains

(if you are wondering what a coalie is)>

if im not mistaken, a coalie is what australian writers call coal cars.

there is a small write up on "coalies" in the Spring 96 issue of steel wheels.

i dont know about down under but in the us if a cut of cars is chillin somewhere without any tracks it usually means it is scrapped, but i have very rarely seen trains without tracks.

Re: Re: why

Originally posted by SWX1994

if im not mistaken, a coalie is what australian writers call coal cars.

there is a small write up on "coalies" in the Spring 96 issue of steel wheels.

i dont know about down under but in the us if a cut of cars is chillin somewhere without any tracks it usually means it is scrapped, but i have very rarely seen trains without tracks.

well i went back there yesterday and it was on a one lane abandoned line, and i walked down it and the track kept going.. im not sure where it would end up :eek:

Re: Re: why

Originally posted by SWX1994

i have very rarely seen trains without tracks.

funny.....

i dont know where to start with this thread. my biggest problem is that you say these tracks are by your house, but you dont know where they go.....?

Re: Re: Re: why

Originally posted by alabama

funny.....

i dont know where to start with this thread. my biggest problem is that you say these tracks are by your house, but you dont know where they go.....?

no.. i said that i have followed these tracks for awhile and i didnt know where it ended so didnt go as far as it went..........;)

if the car has been sitting for along time dont paint it. it probably means it wont be leaving any time soon and people will notice. painting trains that leave the yard the next day is ok because people who work around those cars probably wont notice if theyre painted or not from one day to the next....check the surface of the track, if theres a lot of rust developed on the top it probably means that lines abandoned and so is the car. if the track is shiney on top if may get some service but that still doesnt mean it will be leaving soon. keep an eye on it...and i dont know how it is in austrailia but i wouldnt be sweating a coal car either...unless its all you got....in that case do a fucking wholecar. seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

Your story doesnt make much sense...

But heres what you do... ESPECIALLY if its near your house as you say.

Grab a six pack(beer), walk up to the freights and follow the line as far as it goes until you hit something like another line or signals or a shed or whatever it goes to. This way you know where it goes!

Now sus out where the freights are, in a middle of nowhere or close to houses etc etc...

If its "right near your house" as you say... with fuck all effort you should be able to keep an eye on it and know whats going down.

And finally,grab a six pack(paintcans)... and have fun :crazy:

FIRST YOU SAID IT WASNT ON TRACKS..THEN YOU SAID IT WAS ON TRACKS...OPEN UP YOUR EYES YOU DUMB FUCK!! AND WE DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT "coalies" IN AUSSIEVILLE...WE WANNA SE GOOD OLD AMERICAN ROLLING STEEL... WE AINT DOWN UNDER BITCH WE ARE UP AND OVER......AMERICA LAND OF THE FREE HOME OF THE FREIGHT....NO DISS TO ALL AUSTRAILIA CAUSE JADE AND DAMET LIVE THERE AND THEY ARE DOPE!

Originally posted by TURBO DOG

FIRST YOU SAID IT WASNT ON TRACKS..THEN YOU SAID IT WAS ON TRACKS...OPEN UP YOUR EYES YOU DUMB FUCK!! AND WE DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT "coalies" IN AUSSIEVILLE...WE WANNA SE GOOD OLD AMERICAN ROLLING STEEL... WE AINT DOWN UNDER BITCH WE ARE UP AND OVER......AMERICA LAND OF THE FREE HOME OF THE FREIGHT....NO DISS TO ALL AUSTRAILIA CAUSE JADE AND DAMET LIVE THERE AND THEY ARE DOPE!

as i dont give a fuck about american rolling steel.

Guest sneak

i think someones found themselves a scrap car.

no tracks = its scrap, it doesnt need tracks.

fence = to stop tramps living there, discourage general interest.