Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Why the phone company is a bastard and how I'm planning to rip them off

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Milton, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Milton

Milton Senior Member

So I wake up this morning and plan to call back on a job application that I turned in a week and a half ago, but I always make a call to a friend before making important calls so I can fix up my "just waking up voice" so I dial up the homie and the line is all static. So I hang up, and start doing other shit. So I pick up the phone maybe 20 minutes later to see if its fixed and its completely dead. So I go next door to the neighbors and use his phone and call the phone company, and they're like "your line is disconnected, but it seems that your account is paid in full, thats weird, I'll reconnect it." So I thank her, and check every five minutes for an hour before I call back from neighbors, they promise to fix it again. So I wait and wait, and by the time I call back again I get "We're sorry, our office is open from 9am to 3 pm Eastern Standard Time..." So my shit is still disconnected. Then I need to make a call, so I go to the pay phone put in my 50 cents and dial. It goes beep beep.. then a voice comes on and says "please wait one moment." So I wait and it rings and the operator comes on, so I'm like "I'm trying to call (NUMBER)" She says "I can't help you, I'll disconnect so you can try again" So I have to use 2 more quarters, and then I get the operator again, and I yell a little and she connects me to the number...

My plan to scam the phone company. A) Go to a pay phone, put in one dollar, record the sound after every quarter drops. It used to be that you could just play that back and the phone would recognized it and let you call. But today you have to do step B) dial a number and wait until the operator answers, then say in an accent "oh I'm sorry and play the sound" She will think you actually put in the money and connect you... HOOO AHHH FREE CALLS

Milton (Fuck Phones oner)

2. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

Do people actually still "phreak" or whatever?

I used to read all about how to make those
    boxes when I was like 13... then I realized
    there's no real point to it other than getting
    caught somehow.

3. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

i pay my cell phone company when i feel like it, i mean, i hate paying bills.

4. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

how strange, i'm sure everyone else loves it.

5. SaracasticH

SaracasticH Banned

WOW!! THAT IS LIKE SO ORIGINAL!! I AM SURE WHEN MORE PEOPLE HEAR THIS IT WILL BE PLASTERED ALL OVER THE NET!!! GOOD JOB!!

6. Milton

Milton Senior Member

Excuse me miss but...
    WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?
    Thank you and good day