why has trainspotting become so weak?

taper

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I think that taper has a valid question. Why is "trainspotting" so weak? I think it is because almost everything vital has been said. the spotted section is vital and important to tracking paint, the critical mass thread addresses the philosophical goals of painting trains and the future of the medium. the keeping spots chill thread has done just that, allowed newbies to inform themselves before they fuck up spots. beyond those parts its all just name dropping and bullshit about what music you listen to or what food or drinks you consume while you paint.

i really enjoy the posts from the educated rainfans about the inner workings of the freight industry, but thats about it.

i guess what im saying is that some of what is being said, whether it may be small and infrequent, is important. the rest is just bs and that should be minimized as much as possible. like the "first" or "bump" shit. that doesnt happen on this thread because its better to post something intelligent than to post just to get your numbers up or to feel as if you are part of a community. just paint.

pills inside

diova:krunk:

Avoidsouth nailed it. Most of the interesting stuff has already been said, and the stuff that hasn't been said shouldn't be said, because the wrong people will learn a lot. I can yack all day in person about my methods, techniques, stories, etc. but if I do it on here I'll just be giving away sensitive general info and maybe sensitive specific info that helps get people busted. I've heard from multiple heads who hate the internet and think too much has been said already.

Sorry for a letdown, but that's the story. Sometimes I come on here with the specific goal of getting some interesting talk going, but all I can think of is stuff that has elements that should be kept secret.

Originally posted by boogie hands

as long as the spotted thread is here i couldnt give two shits....

walk out your door and drive down to the yard...i promise...it will be 10 times more enjoyable and educational than any of this internet yickity-yak....

im actually gonna do that! thanks!

Guest SteelWheels

Here are two topics not previously covered:

-Euro transit -vs- American freights

-the ethics of side busting

Originally posted by SteelWheels

Either you're being funny, or you're relatively new to the site.

If you're new, do a search for the older threads about these dead and severely beaten horses.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ted Kennedy
Originally posted by Cracked Ass

because the wrong people will learn a lot. I can yack all day in person about my methods, techniques, stories, etc. but if I do it on here I'll just be giving away sensitive general info and maybe sensitive specific info that helps get people busted. I've heard from multiple heads who hate the internet and think too much has been said already.

Word.

Guest sneak

this one is all over metal heads...

If there was ever proof most yanks don't get sarcasm its the reaction to this post. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: Re: why has trainspotting become so weak?

Originally posted by skrib139

"why has trainspotting become so weak?"

erm... because all that anybody seems to want to talk about is freights, which happen to be incredibly boring, and id be almost as happy discussing different types of walls?

THIS HAS TO BE A JOKE :rolleyes:

Archived