why graff???

kodak

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah i ask myself that every day..to me theres no true answer..well maybe there is but i havent found it...i dunno..i just like the feeling of wakng up on a sunny saturday morning packing my bag with cans calling up the fellow writers and hitting the known yards, freeways, rooftops..to me it just gets me jucied... i think thats why i like doing it.. its an escape from reality for a min... i dunno maybe thats a dumb concept but its what i live by...so to me thats all that matters..:D

yeah thats cool. my chick asked me why i paint and i didnt know what to tell her. it just calms me down i guess. about illegals i just do that to try and keep our culture alive. all the writers i look up to have paid there dues by illegal bombing. im just trying to pay my dues. about piecing. i just piece because its the only thing i do good.i just do it for myself.

I started becuase I wanted to be a part of a special group, something that only a select few knew about/understood/could do. I was sick and tired of being normal, having nothing special about me that made me unique or stand out. I remember ny brother's friend came over, he had a blackbook of his cousin's and a booK full of flicks. I was in awe. "How the fuck do they do that??". That's when I realized that that is what I wanted to do. I was a late starter, but it took me 17 years to realize that this was my calling. I may not be the best writer out there, I haven't been writing very long at all, but to me, it's and addiction. It's all I think about, all I want to think about. It's the only thing that I attach any importance to. That's why I'm writing this, on 12oz, at school, when I should be researching my paper that is due tomorrow......

I don't know if that answred the question. Whatever, it beats doing work:D

:rolleyes: Why not paint?the reason i paint is because i fucking hate everything else in this world. Don't get me wrong, i like music and some people.But, there's so much insanity and chaos within the government and society....violent crime...poverty...domestic violence and it just makes me sick..so this is my way of saying fuck you world.its a release..im a loaded weapon..its better than being a terrorist.

Guest evoloner

Ive always been into drawing and whatnot. When I started highschool back in the day I was already into skating etc. All the kids seemed to be one group of followers, they didnt think for themselves. They were all doing lines or smoking pot. and that was not my thing. Eventually I started to hang out with a kid who painted. I went bombing with him a few times and got this huge rush of energ. I started bombing day and night then pieceing and started to meet other writers from all over, and it was such a positive experience other than the fact we were destroying property I felt as If we were doing something great and unique. Well 10 years later I still paint, not as much because of getting busted a few times. but now Im a graphic designer at a well known company and it is all because of the path I took with graffiti. alot of the kids I went to school are

on a path to no where and cant imagine the positive effects it brought to me and many others. its also kind of funny that all the suburbanite drug dealers who used to try and sell me coke turned around and bought german thins and fats for 5 bucks a piece from me . haha

.....ummmmmmmmmmm

K. I paint to create. I don't paint to be cool or "fit in". I started by myself and will probably end it by myself. Until the summer comes and all the little toys decide that it's "warm enough" to destroy.

I paint cause I need to create. I need to look at what I've done and feel like I acomplished it for ME! Not everybody else. I just love to create. I would bomb with clay and just put up sculptures in the middle of the street if I could. I just choose paint to CREATE.

I don't get caught up in politics and "poser" bullshit. I could care less what you think of me or my work. I didn't CREATE for you. If you look at my work and see something that intrests you .........cool. If not.......cool. It wasn't for you anyway.

Last.... I paint because I love it. Not because it's what MTV or some fashion mag told me to do. I do it for myself.

CAPS... and now you can have my soapbox to carry your paint

I've always liked graff ever sence I could rember jus the way you can take an old wall and turn it in to some thing amazing to look at jus with a little spraypaint...There is also the hole mystery about the hole thing that the only people that know who did it are the ones that do it too every one else it jus apears...

that's a good question...graffiti to me started out as a way of saying "look i was here" then in transcended into an artform...now i see graffiti as graffiti. its not art, definately an artform but not art (if that makes sense to you). you can't explain the feeling of bombing a hot spot, or hittin up the first few pieces that actually look good in your eyes to the average person. its my way to spread my opinion or feelings towards the community that surrounds me or even further than that. its my way of saying...look nobody is gonna hold me down, you can't keep this dog on the chain. if i feel it, i express it...even if its not graffiti i speak my peace. my girl doesn't ask questions, she doesn't like it, she doesn't want to learn about it or hear about it, but she knows she can't stop me. same with my parents.

graffiti is a phenomenon...nobody knows why people do it.

corporate America floods public spaces with their advertisements, and propoganda, and nobody think's theres anything wrong with that. An individual citizen has as much of a right to express themselves on public space as any fatass billionaire executive.

Archived