why do you hate on mainstream?

mapo wc

i have alot of different things i want to say in this post so excuse me if my topics jump all over the place.

im so tired of people being like 'oh that mtv shit is wack, i only listen to underground, blah blah blah, fake thugs, fake skaters, mtv sucks, blah blah blah'.

whats your fucking problem?

i cant speak too much on punk/alternative. but i can talk about hip hop.

i honestly believe most people only listen to underground to try to be different. you use it as part of your identity.

'i dont like to be like other people - so i wont listen to what they listen to'. thats fine, but dont shit on what other people like.

if you dont believe what im saying is true..ill give you an example, and really think about it and be honest with yourself.

imagine aesop rock being all over MTV, radio and every 13 year old girl puts his poster on their wall. they play his shit on their pink cd players and his album goes right up there among their favorites along with nelly furtado, pink, and nsync. honestly, would you still call yourself a fan of aesop rock? would he still be 'real hip hop'? if youre being honest - probably not. thats because you want to be different from teeny boppers.

the above is exactly what happened to eminem. his style never changed.

ive honestly listened to just about every eminem song that has ever been recorded and released. ive heard every song on infinite, heard his radio freestyles, battles, guest appearances, everything.

he hasnt changed. he still rips the fucking mic. but people hate on him and say dumb shit like hes changed just because theyre ignorant and want to be different.

people speak of slug, blackalicious, aesop rock, etc. as though theyre 'true' hip hop and anything which anyone has ever heard of is just 'fake ass thugs on the radio'. shut the fuck up!

biggie, tupac, rakim, eminem, outkast, nas, jay-z are of the highest caliber of rappers to ever grace the mic. mainstream or not.

and then you contradict yourselves when you say 'i dont care about the image, i just like the music' but then go on and on about how ja rule and nelly are 'fake thugs'. ja rule and nelly both came from much tougher neighborhoods than you would dare step foot in. you have no grounds to question their realness. none.

how do you know these people are fake? quit trying to live vicariously through your favorite underground rapper and think you have the grounds to call another rapper fake.

the final straw for me to write this post was when people said 2pac wasnt a real thug. yeah ok. the man was raised by the black panthers, lived in the projects, was sent to jail numerous times, shot police officers, was shot 4 times and survived, ignited the biggest beef in the history of music, then tragically died in a blaze of gunfire. in fact the night he died him and his boys beat the shit out of some guy for tryin to steal his necklace - right there in a lobby on camera gave homeboy a beatdown. thats hardcore right there, and you have no grounds to sit on your computer in your suburban home and call him fake. you wouldnt have ever walked up to tupac in the street and called him fake - so why say it here?

jay-z, biggie, and snoop - just to name a few - all sold crack in the ghetto to try to make money. just because their shit hits mtv doesnt mean theyre fake. what theyre rapping about is real.

and this avril lavigne, who the fuck are any of you to say shes fake?

how do you know shes not a real skater? maybe she is. or maybe she just likes to dress like that, who fucking cares? take the music for what it is.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest platapie

im tryign to be liek everyone else here and hate you. and just too add a lil sum sum. aesop rock is dope no matter what even if hes on mtv he woudl be great. shit i still like eminem.

Guest willy.wonka

mainstream is gay.

for hip hop..not too much knowledge is flowin through them lyrics..murda murda type bullshit...when kidrock calls himself hip hop,,fred derst thinks he's gangsta,,hmmmmm...

mapo you "funky chicken":lol:

the question about aesop rock doesnt work. if 13 year old girls were listening to that shit id be happy. the reason mainstream is looked down upon is because its loosing its art aspect and becoming a fad. cats who are getting the money quit trying. kids see what everyone else is doing and become consumers. its a vicious circle.

whoever said 2pac was fack was full of it.

theres no doubt some of these commercial rappers are tough, but talented?

Guest ctrl+alt+del

you take shit tooooooooooooooo damn seriously mapo. its music. i just listen to it. i listen to the mainstream music when i get to dance. i shake my booty hard. i shake it in females faces. good gracious my ass might not be bodacious, but dammit your gonna like it girl! bahahaha. baahaha.

"underground" stuff is hard to dance to :mad: but it says more. it has more meaning then mainstream. mainstream is all about how much money they got, how much bitches they got, what they drive, killing people, etc.

ha ha haa, i like nerd.

you cant be me im a rock star, im rhyming on the top of a cop car!

i need to get a picture of myself standing on top of a cop car and looking like a rock star.

:mad: hey guys lets paint a picture of jesus for the cop station:mad:

Guest postaholic

and mapo- i didnt even read your post, so im not referring to you....

YO YO YO YO YO YO YO YO YO YO YO YO YO YO WORD UP SON WORD UP!!!!

I DONT CARE WHO IT IS SON, WHAT GROUP OR BAND OR MCEEEEEE OR WHATEVER GOD, ILL ROCK OUT TO THEM SON!!! BUT BUT BUT BUT ONCE THEY ON MTV OR SOME SHIT YO YO YO YO, YOOOOOOOO

IM NOT FEELING THEM NO MORE KID, NAW MEAN NAW MEAN? LIKE CUZ, I MEAN, IF YOU REAL YOU REAL, I MEAN, YOUR LIKE A BILLION FEET UNDERGROUND, TRYING TO STAY BROKE AND KEEP IT REAL!!! NAW MEAN? FEEL ME???? NOT ON EVERY TELEVISION IN THE WORLD ON SOME MTV GARBAGE SON, NAW MEAN!?!?!?!!?!? FUCK MAINSTREAM TIL I DIE!!! HIP HOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fuck you people who label shit, and ditch your favorite groups/bands/emcee's becaue they finally make it, yall are some suckers!!!! :beat: :heated: :GOD:

Originally posted by ctrl+alt+del

mainstream is all about how much money they got, how much bitches they got, what they drive, killing people, etc.

hahahaha

you could underground shit is all about how good of an mc they are, how many big words they can fit in a verse, how many scifi refrences they can spit, and how underground / hating of mainstream they are.

Guest willy.wonka

i dont really like the underground either...kinda its own mainstream if you think about it..

i can appreciate things though..dont get me wrong.

mapo, you still a perverted virgin?

Guest postaholic
Originally posted by ctrl+alt+del

mainstream is all about how much money they got, how much bitches they got, what they drive, killing people, etc.

basically all the things you want in life right? except maybe the killing part.... no wait, i want to kill people to...

so what are you complaining about? :lol:

:spent:

Guest postaholic
Originally posted by seeking

im looking forward to the new jay-z cd.

that shit is going to MAKE OR BREAK HIM...

i was shocked how good blueprint was... and he was lucky. cuz he was beefing with nas at the time it dropped, and it turned out good. i was very impressed.

in the past, all his cd's had like 1 or 2 solid tracks that i liked, nothing special, and nothing i would waste 15 bucks on buying his cd. unlike the blueprint... you could listen to it pretty much the whole way through.

and if his next cd is like the blueprint, he'll be good to go, but if not, he might be forgotten forever...

thats how i see it. same thing with JA RULE's next album... he keeps singin' to many soft songs with fucking chicks, he is gonna fall off to...

tease, you need to ease off the reply button.

and for christ sakes, quit with the smileys. they make me want to punch you no matter what you say.

moving on...

make or break him? your kidding right? dude is one of the richest people in hip hop. every album he drops, he changes the sound for the next coming year. i would say that in the last 6 years, no one has put out as many quality, solid albums as he has.

and everyone beef's with nas. its like picking on a retard. nas is wack.

i devoted a whole thread to this and how much credit did i get zilch. two lousy replies. bah.

lets face it. every one hates music when it gets popular. look at korn. they still rock as hard as they always did (i dont like korn) but no one likes them any more. whats so wrong with people liking the music that you like?

ive got a mate that only likes music from our local scene and hip hop. he defines him self by his veiws on fake thugs and all this other crap. its fairly stupid.

postaholic is tease?

haha.

im glad seeking already responded to what he said. jay-z is way past 'make or break' status. the man is a living legend of hip-hop.

oh and how could you say he only has 2 or 3 good tracks on each album? maybe vol. 1 and 2 were weak (especially 2). but vol3 sean carter was dope. and reasonable doubt was beyond dope the whole way through.

and willy.wonka is still a racist bitch.

The reason i dont like most commercial hip hop. Is cause of the fucking dumb lyricks of MOST songs. Like for instance nellys song "its getting hot in here so take off all your clothes" come on, that shit is crap its not even clever at all, the beats suck the rhymes suck. And most im not saying all of that popular stuff, they may be able to rhyme but its all. "yo we roll on 20s, we have so much money we fuck mad hoezz and get blazed yo word, KILL EVERYONE, PEACE!!!!!!!" Its absofucinglutely retarded. i mean, its all about fucking material possesions man. And i can see what your saying about underground rap, its all about the "obscure beats" with old record clips, science references and shit. ANyways almost all rap is wack, dont get me wrong there is some good mainstream and underground rap. But most of its wack.

Guest postaholic

tease, you need to ease off the reply button.

and for christ sakes, quit with the smileys. they make me want to punch you no matter what you say.

sorry guy, its like they are programmed into my responses... help describe my thoughts... the smiley isnt just a smiley to me... its a symbol of my thought process :idea: <~ see?

moving on though...

make or break him? your kidding right? dude is one of the richest people in hip hop. every album he drops, he changes the sound for the next coming year. i would say that in the last 6 years, no one has put out as many quality, solid albums as he has.

and everyone beef's with nas. its like picking on a retard. nas is wack.

he is one of the richest in hiphop, ill give you that. and yes, he had one or two hit songs that changed the pace of things, for like the summer... set the tone... like BIG PIMPIN' did... ill give you that... but the other 80% of his album was WACK AS FUCK. same thing with his hard knock life album, that ONE song was cool, but tha rest was mediocer9sp?)...

..no one has put out as many quality, solid albums as he has?

are you fucking kidding me? you could take all 5-6 of his cds from the past and make ONE solid album... besides blue print, if that. movie soundtracks included.

......nas is wack?

since when? i KNOW ive seen you talk about you liked him, and his lyrics somewhere on this bitch before... NAS is ill man, he has dropped several solid albums... his beats might not all have been tight, and some of his albums the production could be better, but his lryics have always been on point... (you heard "I GAVE YOU POWER" on his like second cd? where he is talking about how he is a gun throughout the song? shit was genius. on some next level shit, and that was like his 2nd cd... it was IT WAS WRITTEN, thats it!)

and if you want to talk about others with solid albums, you gotta look at 2pac first and foremost, then DMX has had some dope shit as well, for the time frame he kicked out his albums...(4 albums in like 2 in a half years or so) incredible...

Guest postaholic
Originally posted by suburbian bum

The reason i dont like most commercial hip hop. Is cause of the fucking dumb lyricks of MOST songs. Like for instance nellys song "its getting hot in here so take off all your clothes" come on, that shit is crap its not even clever at all, the beats suck the rhymes suck.

im pretty sure you come from a small city, i cant remember exactly whrre, but i know your only access to real life outside of bumfuck nowhere is through mtv... you dont know shit about whats really going on.

that "its getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes" isnt a lyric smuck, its a chorus, its not suppost to be the most brain numbing line on the track... its the catchy phrase, thats easy to remember, and recall when youre thinking about buying a cd... its tha hook.

go download some of his songs, and LISTEN to the lryics, mind you, LISTEN dont just hear it, study them... shits hilarious... dont try to get knowledge out of the album, charish it for its humor as an entertainment aspect of your life. otherwise you wont enjoy any music.

:D

if it sounds good i'll listen to it - just cause something is underground doesn't mean it's good...

shit i listen to all types of shit from poison to typical cats, from jay-z to los tigeres del norte, from dropkick murphys to mother fucking bjork... but honestly, come on... nelly, ja-rule, avrail lavignglkjasdfk? someone grab the mother fucking glock and put these cat's outta their misery...

Originally posted by postaholic

......nas is wack?

since when? i KNOW ive seen you talk about you liked him, and his lyrics somewhere on this bitch before... NAS is ill man, he has dropped several solid albums... his beats might not all have been tight, and some of his albums the production could be better, but his lryics have always been on point... (you heard "I GAVE YOU POWER" on his like second cd? where he is talking about how he is a gun throughout the song? shit was genius. on some next level shit, and that was like his 2nd cd... it was IT WAS WRITTEN, thats it!)

He bit that "i gave you power" concept from organized konfusion...go download or better yet buy the stress album.

Originally posted by postaholic

and if you want to talk about others with solid albums, you gotta look at 2pac first and foremost, then DMX has had some dope shit as well, for the time frame he kicked out his albums...(4 albums in like 2 in a half years or so) incredible...

look at gangstarr thats longevity. or the roots thats consistency. putting out 4 albums in 2 years big deal, if they are over half filler tracks.

Guest postaholic
Originally posted by bl4ckh4m

look at gangstarr thats longevity. or the roots thats consistency. putting out 4 albums in 2 years big deal, if they are over half filler tracks.

gangstarr is ill... and your dead right about him...

and the 4 albums in 2 years or so is something, i like dmx alot, so i thik the points valid. peace

Guest willy.wonka

im more racist than you'll ever know mapo.

---> I understand getting a rise out of someone. I often go for that myself at work. It's easy to do when you know a persons weakness. So while I'm not offended by your posts Willy... please play it cool and tone down your images. You can say a lot without really saying much at all. You know what I mean? <---

Guest postaholic
Originally posted by boogie hands

good christ....tease is back

brace yourself for the retardation...

no sir, brand new tease, im not letting people get to me this time around, just going to shrug them off, maybe the occationally arguement with a tad bit of shit talking, but nothing more. people like pistol and glass etch who talk brainless trash talk for no reason, will be ignored.

please believe it, believe it please. :king:

Guest willy.wonka

im just giving him satisfaction.

he wants me to be rasist...so i will sink down to his level..its easy.

---> Yeah, it is easy... but not in here. Now, play nice <---

Archived