Why do I see people going around streaks?

ThisWarIsNoise

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i rarely do this UNLESS

A. the person has passed on. conrail twitty,riot,herby etc.

B. it is old, 5 to 10 years..if its more than a decade it is untouchable,no matter who it is. if its made it that long im not gonna be the one to end its killstreak so to speak.

C. its something witty or well executed.

streaks are cool,and they have a much longer history on the freights than graffiti does,so i try to respect them.but when i do streaks i always do it where the hand rails are.which is the proper place imo.

I understand the passed on one but are the rules of engagement different from walls then? Does a piece not necessarily go over a tag on freights?

i'm not sure anyone pays much attention to what you call 'the rules of engagement' on freights.

it really depends on many things.

i understand why people do it. but if i go to a spot and theres a empty train and i am there to paint...im painting it. im not leaving a fucking void in the middle of shit for anyone unless i feel like doing it. i owe no one anything. no one would do it for me.

FUCK EVERYTHING

DESTROY

this basically.i make some exceptions,which i outlined above.you do it if you respect the guy enough to do it.but there really arent any rules in graffiti.its just showing some courtest to those who have passed on or have their shit riding for a long time.

if someone goes over a streak thats brand new,whatever.if they go over something that is 20 years old,thats a problem.that being said if your doing streaks its probably best to put it on the handrails if you want it to last..

so if i push down on the cap does that make the paint come out??? and my friend got me a sharpie and we tagged the whole school...also ive read about montana paint..is it made in montana or something?? plus my mom said she will get me a 5 pack of colored sharpies for my tagger book...

Why would you go around a streak? LEARN YOUR FUCKING HISTORY! put down the paint and put your nose in a book...the internet killed graffiti...die...

internet didnt help things. thats for sure.

like i said..it just depends on how i feel. and who it is really. ive gone over plenty of streaks that were right in the middle of my piece and sometimes ill make adjustments. same way i feel about going over the numbers. if i feel like avoiding them i will. i dont expect anyone to respect anything i paint because there is no respect in graffiti really. im not gonna go out of my way for a streak just because its been riding 10 years or 20 years unless its something i like or the rare exception of someone i actually do respect for one reason or another. for me when it comes to trains there are maybe 2 or 3 "rules". dont paint other peoples spots. dont blow up spots doing stupid shit. other than that eh..go for it.

im not saying anyone should do what i do. do what you wanna do im not your boss. but if someone seriously got in my face for going over some old streak they might wish they hadnt done that hahaha

so if i push down on the cap does that make the paint come out??? and my friend got me a sharpie and we tagged the whole school...also ive read about montana paint..is it made in montana or something?? plus my mom said she will get me a 5 pack of colored sharpies for my tagger book...

Why would you go around a streak? LEARN YOUR FUCKING HISTORY! put down the paint and put your nose in a book...the internet killed graffiti...die...

haha!!

here's an idea....if you don't know why someone may leave a streak out instead of blasting over it, just don't even paint freights. please.

me personally, it depends how im feeling. if it's someone i recognize, i keep it cut out. if i honestly just don't care then hey whatever. one time i felt terrible cus i went over a rambler from '89 without seeing it, it was too faded and dark as hell in the yard to see it. i only noticed it the next day going back for a flick. so hey sometimes shit happens. bummerstorybrah

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...