Why do guys pick graffiti over girlfriends?

SeeingFingRed

Seriously guys, I want some honest advice and not some smart assed comments. :hatred: I just broke off a relationship with a guy who reads and posts on 12oz. Our relationship was pretty awesome except he would choose graffiti over me on many occasions. I know this is common and I just wondered if I could get a for-real reason why. Thanks to you who respectfully answer my inquiry! Peace :confused2:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See my girlfriend doesnt like graffiti but i've been with her for 2 years to make the sacrifice of not bringing it up around her. Also she's just looking out for me because she would hate to see me put away for such a "stupid" reason. I love her though so i'm willing to do that for her. It all depends on the guy and how much of it do you want him to give up.

hahaha no matter what anyone says most people could give a fuck about the art part or everyone would write legally' date=' i think everyone just loves vandalizing other peoples property and seeing their name everywhere they can[/quote']

Yeah, I have noticed it is a lot about the numbers. Although he did dope pieces, I think he was/is on a mission to just hit as many trains as possible.

graffiti is somthing that wont go away in some1s life if there true to it, and if hes out bombing an shit atleast you know hes not out bangin some other chick, i think you should let him do what he does, im sure graff was with him before you were and him ditching you for graffiti and then you breaking up with him over it is fucking retared, let him do his thing and you can do yours, you sound too needy anyway.

why would you take all the time to come here and ask about it on a forum... like you're going to get a realistic opinion, but pretty much you're a beezy with not many friends so she just goes to a forum insted of asking him or a friend. dumb ass beezy :p forr realll

graffiti is somthing that wont go away in some1s life if there true to it' date=' and if hes out bombing an shit atleast you know hes not out bangin some other chick, i think you should let him do what he does, im sure graff was with him before you were and him ditching you for graffiti and then you breaking up with him over it is fucking retared, let him do his thing and you can do yours, you sound too needy anyway.[/quote']

Seriously. I started getting interested in graf when I was in 7th grade..Over the past 15-16 years I've gone through more women, more relationships than I'm willing to believe..Through it all, all the bullshit, all the cheating hoes, all the crazy bitches, only one woman was always there for me, my first love..Vandalism. For a woman to suddenly think you're going to just give up a part of your life that has become as normal as watching television is ridiculous. My girl might get pissy about me being out 'till 4 in the AM, but she knows which came first, and she's learned to accept it.Get over yourself girl, there are too many women out there for you to think you could be the one to change him.

here are a couple of reasons that come to mind:

- for a true graff addict, painting is so much better than any other thing, girls and sex included. its like junkies who without hesitation prefer a shot of heroin rather than sex with a hottie. absolutely no difference at all. in some cases actually worse.

- the chance to be with your girlfriend is almost any time, or anyway based on a more flexible time matter. painting is never like that, especially steel. you have certain times, schedules, moments to hit and you gotta move around that. the choice between a girl and a unique chance of painting is actually no choice at all.

- there is nothing more hateful and annoying for a graff writer than a girl who makes his passion weigh on a relationship. some girls just dont understand that painting is not a woman a guy cheats on you with. its an intense passion and a huge personal satisfaction, furthermore on a much higher level. you gotta face it, accept it and not let it bother you, full stop.

youre welcome :)

here are a couple of reasons that come to mind:

- for a true graff addict, painting is so much better than any other thing, girls and sex included. its like junkies who without hesitation prefer a shot of heroin rather than sex with a hottie. absolutely no difference at all. in some cases actually worse.

- the chance to be with your girlfriend is almost any time, or anyway based on a more flexible time matter. painting is never like that, especially steel. you have certain times, schedules, moments to hit and you gotta move around that. the choice between a girl and a unique chance of painting is actually no choice at all.

- there is nothing more hateful and annoying for a graff writer than a girl who makes his passion weigh on a relationship. some girls just dont understand that painting is not a woman a guy cheats on you with. its an intense passion and a huge personal satisfaction, furthermore on a much higher level. you gotta face it, accept it and not let it bother you, full stop.

youre welcome :)

That is the most perfect explanation, I truly understand it now. Thanks for posting. We can end this thread since you were kind enough to explain it like a true man and not an inconsiderate asshole. What bothered me the most was he would promise to meet me at a certain time and then wouldn't follow through. Now I know why. So, it's okay and I am going to take this as the answer to my question. Thank you.

what do u look like..that might help us on answering ur question.. i mean if ur ugly as fuck.. then i can tell u why he choose graff over u;) ...

You wanted to go there, so here it is: I am 5' 7" Long curly hair that I color a wild red, 36DD, size 6, tan, straight white teeth, perfect complexion, funny personality, considerate and patient, not a golddigger, and I am the hottest girl at our college (by popular opinion)...so there, it's not me asshole.

why would you take all the time to come here and ask about it on a forum... like you're going to get a realistic opinion' date=' but pretty much you're a beezy with not many friends so she just goes to a forum insted of asking him or a friend. dumb ass beezy :p forr realll[/quote']

Look, I don't know his graff friends dickhead so I thought I would ask some people on here who truly know the scene and what comes along with it. if I didn't care about him and what he is into I wouldn't have taken the time to ask people who I thought would be on his level, unlike yourself because you are just an ass. The question for you is, why did you take the time to come on here and post a dickhead response? It's people like you that make the girls not want to wait.

if you are going to enter a serious relationship with someone then you should be prepared to accept them how they are, and for most writers graffiti forms a massive part of their lifestyle (it can dictate their personal schedule, group of friends etc) so if you're going to go out with a writer then you have to acknowledge them and accept them as a writer.

a lot of women try to impose themselves upon their significant others' lives as the most important element to the exclusion of everything else. this, i find, is wrong. remember what came first, and remember what will probably be there long after you're gone.

as a woman, i can offer this advice:

figure out what matters so much to you that you are more passionate about it than anything else

and don't make it a guy

if you find that thing, you'll understand the answer to your question

• Like 1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

YES! You have no idea how many times I've wanted to tell women

this..It's so fucking lame to call your girl and have her tell you, "I'm just

sitting in your apartment, waiting for you to get here." Bullshit. Get a fucking hobby,

do something with yourself where you don't need me..so many women have

no clue how great it is to know that you don't need a relationship to be happy,

that being needy is such a huge turn-off..I once dated a woman who made clothes,

played in a band, and painted canvases..I thought she was wifey status

(until I found out she was bi-polar, that is)..My point being, if you really care a

bout this guy, why even question his dedication to something he's so good at?

Why do you look at it as him choosing graf over you, are you going to suddenly

die while he's out, or is your desire to be with him going to fade just because

he has something to do that doesn't involve you? These are all valid questions..

Seriously guys' date=' I want some honest advice and not some smart assed comments. :hatred: I just broke off a relationship with a guy who reads and posts on 12oz. Our relationship was pretty awesome except he would choose graffiti over me on many occasions. I know this is common and I just wondered if I could get a for-real reason why. Thanks to you who respectfully answer my inquiry! Peace :confused2:[/quote']

Maybe you just sucked in bed and was just a sorry girlfriend. I think you're using graffiti as a scapegoat. Think about it; no guy would leave an awesome girlfriend for graffiti.

Maybe you just sucked in bed and was just a sorry girlfriend. I think you're using graffiti as a scapegoat. Think about it; no guy would leave an awesome girlfriend for graffiti.

she would be a fantastic girlfriend if she did do graffiti.

nothing beats a makeout session on a rooftop;) :D

Look' date=' I don't know his graff friends dickhead so I thought I would ask some people on here who truly know the scene and what comes along with it. if I didn't care about him and what he is into I wouldn't have taken the time to ask people who I thought would be on his level, unlike yourself because you are just an ass. The question for you is, why did you take the time to come on here and post a dickhead response? It's people like you that make the girls not want to wait.[/quote']

lol, little do you know who I am obviously, damn that must mean i'm doing something right.

12723a0b3qj.jpg just had to repost that to fix the thread, cause that's what it's about on the side :p and after missions. fuck these wack beezys

I think it's funny how some of you just look for people to put down while you cower behind that screen. Did someone punk you in high school so you come on here and vent your animosity? Give me a fucking break with your negativity. Didn't your mom tell you that if you didn't have anything good to say then shut the fuck up? You know you don't want to be heard and so you have to talk, talk, talk while saying nothing at all. Just wasted space posted on a thread. The question is, what is so intense about graffiti that makes someone choose it over any and everything else? That is friends, family or girlfriends as a whole. It is really a simple question from someone that has never been around it at all. No one understands except those who do it. I wanted to know what it was behind that drive. I didn't know the intensity of the graffiti until I had already established a relationship with him. It takes a while to find out what a person is all about and that is when I began to see it came before anything else, not just me. I didn't ask him to give it up. Never one time. I was just not going to sit around waiting on him to show up at a promised time when I could be doing something else. You can take that needy, bored shit and shove it up your ass. If he wants to go do that, then just say it, I'll do something different. Don't say meet me here at -- time and fucking not show. That is just lacking integrity. Don't waste my time and I won't waste yours. It's a respect thing, get it? I know you sure as hell don't like it when someone disses your piece, well I don't like it when somebody wastes my fucking time. If you don't have time for a girlfriend then don't get one. Stay home and jack off for I give a damn. There are plenty of hoes, go get ya one. I'm not, he knew it, and still wanted to be with me. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You learn that when you are about five. I think that is where your mentality ceased to progress, so I had to spell it all out for you. I think I have gotten a pretty clear view of the kind of people that do graffiti. It's a shame that the assholes have to ruin it for everyone. So go out by yourself and paint, no one can stand to be around you anyway. You are a lonesme loser. You know who you are, if this gets you pissed off then that is who you are. Pissy little boys who have to go out under the cover of night because you don't have the balls to face the daylight.

^^^ Damn someones straight up fucking hitting that time of the month. Your getting all pissed over lil bitches talking shit on the net? pffft then you deserve to be fucking alone stop being so gullible and believe all the lil punk ass shit talkers here. True it is fucked up if he's like meet me here and he doesnt show up without a call or anything thats fucked up. But if graff doesnt take time away from you guys being together then why the fuck care? Then your actually giving into the insults... ONLINE! damn just fucking chill. Also where the fuck do you get off saying we dont have the balls to do it in the daylight. Thats fucking common sense! Its fucking illegal and i'm pretty fucking sure that no one here wants to get arrested. Your not going to grab someone and fucking kill them in the middle of the busiest street during rush hour, no! your going to stalk them like at 3 am and drag them in the alley mug them then just end it. see now i'm just rambling and completely forgot what my argument was.

we bomb day and night all day everyday... looks like you're jealous... as you are not the one receiving the attention...

the if you have nothing to say quote doesn't go like that at all... you got it all wrong..

and well you started this thread asking for advice and feedback.... so there you have it...

ohh and btw i am not at all upset by your post...

im just a smartass... an asshole and a jerk..