why are we called writers and others not

illestpapoe!!!!

why would the people who do the graffiti that we do be called "writers" when people who do political graffiti, or mark their turf with gang related graffiti, or who do designs in caves thousands of years ago not called writers??!!??

why waould we be called writers and not them??? they have rights too, we dont have to discriminate

well actually what im getting at is that they write too!! so why are we called writers as if they dont write ..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I suppose you call the people who write racist comments in bathroom stalls writers also? do you call the people who draw swastickas in highschool bathrooms writers? Hell no they dont deserve the honor of being called a writer, we are writers because we display a part of our soul and mind on the street, that is why we are writers and kids with markers are not.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

im going nutz..

>> i KNOW were called writers cause we write!!!!

I KNOW THAT <<<< <<<<<<

^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^

im just saying why should we be called writers >> anymore than people who do other forms of graffiti!!?? people who do political graffiti arent writers!!?? why not??!!

well kids with markers hitting up tags making a name for themsleves are called writers actually.

and what about people who do political messages (not racist or nazis), or egyptians doing symbols in pyramids... are they less of writers than us?

why would we be called writers when they do it to (like were called writers as if others arent) unless you can think of an answer why wed hold the title of writer more than them, or if you disagree and think they are called writers.

and i dont know about displaying a part of your soul and mind (unless your writing literature or putting message in a mural) how is writing your name displaying a part of you "soul" it just show that you like to paint your name for whatever motive... thats another topic thohg1...

cuz we just are dude who the fuck cares ...its cuz we bomb, anybody doing political shit if they bomb it hard i'd consider them a writer juss as much as i am cuz they doin they own thing whether i think its sick or not id still consider them a writer more then id consider some kid who hits backseater and writes msk "midnight stoner krew" and has no deeper appreciation, reasoning or understanding of what they are doing..........and about those egyptians.....they got sick hands ...definetly id consider writers...ramsesonerockantstopyramidsofgizamob

why the fuck are you so hung up on stupid shit that doesnt even matter? that is why all your fucking threads get closed...

who cares, it is a fucking word that kids started using years ago to describe what they were doing, writing their names around the place. the word stuck, and has become part of the graffiti vernacular, hence people involved in graffiti call themselves writers, and those not involved probably have no idea what the term means.

we'll actually, we are all categorized as vandals, and we all do graffiti. Looking at how we are portrayed in the media, we are also called taggers and positive media might describe us as graffiti "artists". Depending on whether the article is taking the perspective of graffiti as an art or a crime.

Why you would want to associate yourself with cavemen, poitical writings, gang members or even hate symbols, I have no idea. Though I've seen some graf that said "NO BUSH", graf that posted crews which seem to be no different than gangs. Cavemen did not live in a time where people can own property who have to abide by written laws.

We are categorized as writers, because we write a name. A choosen, made up name which we constantly write over and over. Why? Because some of you folks found no connection in society and have found a home with friends who also write. Low to mid income kids who find entertainment in writing, whom thinks it's cool. You seek fame and glory mostly by this same community who cannot deal with normal society. Runned by egos who suffer the need to write who will only end up in jail til you decide to grow up.

Why threads get closed by moderators on this board who control the way we think and communicate i have no idea. If you take a look on craigslist, freedom of speech runs rampid there. Everything graffiti artists stand for in freedom of communication is sometimes lost here for some reason. If it's such a stupid thread, why are people writing onto this thread?

I myself consider myself as an artist rather than a writer. People who write books, screenplays, etc.... are also called writers. Maybe we should be called stylisers. Or at least those who claim they have style.