Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

whose got my extra for the white stripes in NYC

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by mental invalid, Mar 22, 2002.

1. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

....come on hook a brother up.....

please....

with sugar on top....

hows about a cherry too?

2. beardo

beardo Guest

YO SON

i scored a couple tracks from your boy brad meldau (forget how his last goes) exit music and p. android... hot shit dude. extremely hot shit. must get more.

end transmission

3. mental invalid

...YEAH!!!!!......

adam is a huge fan of his, and im so glad he took me to that show....its funny to, cause i was reading an article about radiohead, and at the end, the band is all hanging around colins kitchen and he goes and puts a cd and he throws mehldau in....classic

ill try to find everything in its right place for ya....like whoah, and ofcourse you will be coming up next show he does....the album ive heard, i think is called "places"

beardo i got my one finger up, NEED A MIRACLE!

4. Pilau Hands

Pilau Hands Guest

Uhmm...I heard the Roots are playing Providence in April...
    They funked shit up on the Jay-Z unplugged thing. Seriously too fresh.

Uhhhh...I'm making some Pearl Jam "must have songs" cds for a selct few. Mental, I meant to ask...I can download song by song on Kazaa, but where are you finding whole concerts dude? It's just silly

Daughter/It's Ok August 24, 2000, Jones Beach; New York, NY

oh my stars
    oh my stars

5. mental invalid

absolutely fucking sick!!!

i love that cut.....and heres a little tip for ya, incase you didnt know, and im sure you do, but thats live on the 2000 touring band dvd...and bro if you havent seen it, you really should...and yeah its in vhs format too....that song is my fav off that dvd....

pilau lemme check the sites and ill get back to ya....what are you working on t1 line or cable, hope not modem....

added this link if you want more info on the dvd:

http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/...s/band2000.html

6. mental invalid

two pairs of white stripes tix just went on ebay for $300...these were $15 tickets, and they are playing four nights at bowery, so its not like its a one show deal....:rolleyes:

7. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

oh roe, incase you didnt know, FUCK THE WHITE STRIPES. im not nearly as anti-WS, as i am anti-strokes, but still, i cant deal with bands that do nothing but bite their whole style, getting deemed as 'genius.' plus, they're from detroit and supposed to be some underground phenomenon, yet i had never once heard of them or seen there name, till they were on Mtv. and detroit isnt like NY, theres a very small scene and if something is going on, you know about it. i also cant deal with americans who want to act all odd and uncomfortable like they were british. fuck you.

8. beardo

beardo Guest

who the hell are the white stripes anyway? 4 nights? tell me they dont play the same shit every night

9. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

white stripes? is that the greasy-haired dude and his ugly ass sister?

10. mental invalid

hahaha fucking seeking....man it was only a matter of time until the good doctor chimed in with his blasting diagnosis...actually i was suprised it took this long...man its good thing we had chance to hang for a bit or else i would think your the biggest bastard....hahaha thats all love ofcourse....

but i thought you kinda liked em? didnt you compare em to the beatles at first....in the first stroke thread?

seriously though, i mean come on, a duo of guitar and drums? their a minimalistic sound that rocks....and i dont watch fucking mtv...

so whose style are they chomping?

two more questions for you seeks...one:when are you coming over this way again and two, where is my fucking package!!;)

lets put it likes this beardo, i would only go and see em one night....but i dig their sound alot....

yes, mr abc, that is them......

CASH FOR YOUR EXTRA!!!!

11. mental invalid

12. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

you sound like the Kottonmouth Kings

"Bump, Bump Bump....It's the sound of my fifteens as they hittin' in my trunk"

13. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i said that they sounded like a low fi beatles, or led zepplin. which they do. which isnt as annoying as the strokes, but still. my whole thing against them isn't against them as much as it against the critics that wanna act like what they're doing is so 'new' or 'cool'... i mean, maybe im just being a hater, but acting like your british, running with a gimick, and being ugly all get the dilsnick from this brotha right here.

basically i guess my problem is with the elitest NY and LA jackasses, that try and act like these bands are so 'cool' and 'hip' when you know damn well they'll just abandon them as soon as the next thing comes along. people like that just get on my nerves. theres no reason a ticket to the 'white stripes' should be costing 300 dollars. thats like when tickle me elmo was so hot a few years ago, and so all the rich white people drove the price up to like 500 bucks, making sure a working black man couldnt get one for his kids. fuck that shit. its musical gentrification and i wont have any part of it. im gonna go listen to 'goatsnake' who im certain no one in NY will give a shit about.

14. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

meldhau is cool and all but....

me personnally, i prefer traditional jazz piano...a la monk, bud powell, lenny tristano, red garland, herbie nichols, errol garner, hampton hawes, etc etc etc, list goes on forvever...

and if you like meldhau so much, do yourself a favor and pick up an art tatum cd, one in particular is a double cd: "the complete capitol recordings", just to compare the two styles and see how different shit was back then...meldhau aint got shit on tatum..actually, i dont think anyone does...

15. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

oh an by the way, mental invalid...

a friend of mine who was at one of the meldhau shows at the vanguard taped it on minidisc and it came out good...i still havent gotten my copy, but if youre interested just drop a line...