Who's Down ???????

RumPuncher

So as some of you might know already,

I chillied with the one know as Chupacabra

earlier this week and we've decided that there

should be a big 12oz rendezvous in the not-so-distant future.

so I just want to know how many people think -Jájome•2005- is do-able?

Greece would be the next option.... but jetblue doesnt fly there.

So honestly... who would do a long weekend trip?

http://www.viceland.com/issues/v11n5/htdocs/dos_donts/images/Page-48b_05.jpg'>

What is it with Puerto Ricans where they're perpetually 10 years old? Oh yeah, they don't have a dad.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's the beauty... they can talk talk talk all they want,

but without a plane ticket..... it's a-no-go.

oh... maybe I should ask mamski if he'd even have us?

I was about to call you all wussies until i remembered some of you are from europe and australia and the such.

Understandable.

As for me, i was pondering going to pr anyway...its not too expensive from the chi.

It only motivates me further to know i'll be going to a great party, surrounded by people i've been wanting to meet, + a possible free tour of the island.

Originally posted by <KEY3>

that's the beauty... they can talk talk talk all they want,

but without a plane ticket..... it's a-no-go.

oh... maybe I should ask mamski if he'd even have us?

You make it sound like you offered some kind of challange to people.

Can't you all just make life-sized cardboard cut outs of each other and be happy?

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Fuck Yes.

I'd fucking love to do this thing in PR over the summer.

There are things about doing it in Jájome, however, that trouble me. For starters, if I plan this to be a relatively large party, I'm gonna find myself bouncing between my PR friends and the 12oz group constantly, and this is why...

We've all had tons of American friends over and almost every year there's one or two at Jájome, and by their own recollection they have a blast. However, although we all speak English very well, it's kind of a hard sell to get us to be polite and speak it when we're drinking. We start off well, but the drinks come along and we stop bothering with the English and eventually, the non-Spanish speakers, feeling a bit lost, tend to hang out by themselves... and I hate seeing that, it makes me feel awful. Second, everyone but my very best friends (who met PMB and concluded he was awesome) is probably gonna be weirded out by all the strangers I met on the Internet. They can be snobby dicks like that. Some can be outright assholes and start clowning on the gringos and shit will begin to suck.

I would much rather concentrate on a 12oz get together (of course my best friends would come along too) where I can concentrate on accomodating you guys proper without having to worry about the 30 other drunks storming around. This could be a separate Jájome, or I could simply make this year's Jájome specifically a 12oz Jájome, but it could fall apart if we don't get enough heads. We can do a camping island tour, we can go spend the weekend in Culebra, we can rock a killer boat party on one day and tour around the rest, etc. But I'd rather keep it more tight-knit than the maelstrom Jájome will be, unless I keep it small like this year's, which I'm definitely open to do (I'm still unsure whether I could get a green light to pull off a huge one).

But for now, start looking for a weekend in June/July that everyone can agree on. If we get enough heads signed up, I'll be planning some fucking awesome times for all. If we don't get enough heads... I'll STILL be planning awesome times for the few who come.

Guest imported_Europe

Interesting...

Could be alot of fun but PR is very far from here.

Maybe there should be a similar 12oz event somewhere else in the world? I tried gathering people for the big festival out here this summer, but only Sonik and durtyharry showed up. Then I was lucky to get to hang with TT and Ink a few weeks ago in Ireland.

Channel Zero could chip in and send the 12oz crew out to moderate the festivities :lol:

Archived