Wholecars

Young Einstein

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hrrmm.. i've done a mix of spray and bucket.

personally i think it's silly to use just spray on a wholecar for many reasons. a $2 bucket of oops paint is gonna go miles farther than a heap of rustos. that and the fact that you can cover much more area much faster....

There is no limit. If you hav a sweet spot to camp out .. A spot where you know the schedule of fr8's to move in and out .Go ahead and rock the whole car with spray , but if time is limited and you fiend to rock the whole car .. have ya roller ready .But usually smashin whole cars burns out the whole lay up . You fuk around and get bagged on the next session .

word to 'oops'paint...go to home depot, pick up a gallon of miss-tints for a mere $2 and you can probably cover the car top to bottom...my first wholecar took 7 hours with a lunch break... i thought my arms were gonna fall off. oh and be prepared to fall off the ladder a few times.

Just did one last night as a matter of fact! A $3.00 bucket of hot ass orange almost neon but more pastel like with a American Accents "Heritage Red" outline, with an extension stick to roll it on for the wholecar, while using your ladder take rusto fat caps to cut the outline out (my preference) , put the drop shadow on , and while your at it take $0.88 walmart black and buff the background around your outline, then take a bright ass spray for halo around your drop, and use the roller to clean up your fills. Then design and cut and fade and all that other stuff until your hearts content. I'm sure this isn't everyones favorite technique but it sure as hell is mine. Oh and another thing.... someone said bring a friend and that is a damn good idea! Both do whole cars...... and help each other out one at a time. Bring plenty of roller covers so that two guys can use the same color at the same time.

I have used this technique a couple of times and would recommend it to anyone wanting to do whole cars and big shit......Even end to ends if you've got a good spot......Use spray for boxcars and roll for hoppers and cabooses.......

That's all folks!!!

Originally posted by Southern kid

must be nice to pull off wholecars and being able to sit in a layup/yard for 3 hours or more! i did an e2e in 45 minutes once..i was proud of that one although it looked like cacca. sorry i shouldnt have posted i've never done a wholecar. maybe next year.

Unfortunately, I only have one spot like that where they leave cars on a side track!! Every time that happens though I am practically living in the layup! It is nice when it happens.....

I spend a mojority of my money on Food, ciggarettes, alchohol, clubs, women, rent, car, insurance, cellie, etc. etc. I got mad bills to pay so a camera thats gonna dent my walet 300 bils is out of question. I love graff but I would rather but paint and go out than buy the camera.:king:

i was being dumb when i said that, but for a long time i used to shitty $20 camera i got from kmart.it didn't have bad picture quality either. i dunno how much regular 35mm film is cause thats not what my camera takes, but i can't be that expensive. and if you don't have the money to get it developed right away make a note to yourself whats on it and get it developed later. i'm not trying to drag out my weak point anymore. just telling you that you can get flicks for less than $300

I wonder how long latex paint will hold up to weather and everything that goes along with moving freight across country? My guess is that an enamel paint, like spray paint, is gonna be way more durable. I know latex does terribly with rust, but if you want your wholecar to be done quicker, I guess that's the way to go. I think I'd want to ensure mine would last a while after all that work, even if it meant taking twice as long to finish. Personal opinion.

Bucket paint doesn't make you lazy, in fact from my experience, using spray paint the next time around will make my life much easier. Unless you are doing a complete straight up blockletter wholecar (you know, the nasty ones you kinda laugh at when you see them roll by), using bucket paint requires a lot of time/effort. Its no walk in the park, that's for sure. Rolling out decent letters with a ten foot extension pole and a shady ass ladder will keep anyone busy for a while. My attempt took me a good 4-5 hours, a good hour of which was spent cursing the damn train and wondering what the hell I was doing.....

I'd recommend one of those Krylon spray handles for a wholecar using aerosol....easier on the hand, quicker to fill with.

I like to bring a duece of Killz(this is buff primer). One to two coats goes on relatively quick and it dries in no time. Then you can hit it up all day with you spray cans or bucket steez as the coats of primer will save the rusting areas from breaking on through for a while. And dont forget to tape of the numbers kids, Keep them running.... :king:

Whole Cars: yeah im too lazy. i got a couple of spots i could pull it off but if i spend more than 30 minutes on a piece and im bored, and ready to move on to the next one.... in my youth though.....in my youth.

Truthfully im always impressed when i see people who have pulled them off especially on boxcars...props to kids who have rocked whole cars.

ON THE TOPIC OF THIS...... I'LL PAY $20 TO ANYONE WHO CAN GET A PHOTO FOR ME. THE PHOTO THAT I NEED IS ONE OF ......... ASIC, SHADE OR SNAFU WHOLECAR HOPPERS! JUST PAINTED AND THEY ROLLED WITHOUT THE OPPORTUNITY FOR PHOTOS. I'LL KILL FOR THESE PHOTOS. TOO MUCH ENERGY SPENT TOTING LADDERS AND SHIT TO GO WITHOUT PHOTOS!!!! JUST REMEMBER THIS AND IF YOU GET A CHANCE....

Originally posted by Boring Bastard

ON THE TOPIC OF THIS...... I'LL PAY $20 TO ANYONE WHO CAN GET A PHOTO FOR ME. THE PHOTO THAT I NEED IS ONE OF ......... ASIC, SHADE OR SNAFU WHOLECAR HOPPERS! JUST PAINTED AND THEY ROLLED WITHOUT THE OPPORTUNITY FOR PHOTOS. I'LL KILL FOR THESE PHOTOS. TOO MUCH ENERGY SPENT TOTING LADDERS AND SHIT TO GO WITHOUT PHOTOS!!!! JUST REMEMBER THIS AND IF YOU GET A CHANCE....

i caught an Asic/Snafu csx flat but not wholecars

Archived