whole car wild style

FR8 LIFE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest crack is wack

i dont like that shit arent you supposed to be able to read someone's whole car so you know who it is???

Originally posted by HomerJayII

UH, THIS BEATS THAT WHOLE TRAIN THAT WAS POSTED MONTHS EARLIER.

Really? Its very nice, but it still looks like it belongs on a wall not a train? The guy has style and it does flow, just looks out of place. Also how much time did that person have? I wish I could find a yard like that, Fuck doing one nice big Whole Car, Id smack every train in there with big fat dirty dubs with loads of drips! Its not about biger, or nicer its about MORE...

Woohoo.... Damage is fun....

Originally posted by HomerJayII

UH, THIS BEATS THAT WHOLE TRAIN THAT WAS POSTED MONTHS EARLIER.

so many T2B holy rollers have been posted in the past months. Why would you compare any of them anyway? Get a life. besides this one's just a huge sketch over a buft background. I'd like to see it finished. I know shit would be quality.

Originally posted by neil and bob

so many T2B holy rollers have been posted in the past months. Why would you compare any of them anyway? Get a life. besides this one's just a huge sketch over a buft background. I'd like to see it finished. I know shit would be quality.

have you ever stood next to one of those???

interesting.

this is a topic that has a throw back to the days ny of subway bombing. writers (from that era) often believed that the whole car was the ultimate test of a writers ability. as time went on it became not enought just do a whole car, but to rock a top to bottom whole car with letters, and then not only letters, but wild style letters.

Many writers (not including me, because seen is dope as fuck in my book), particularly those from the letter, lines felt Seen, in all his glory was very overrated because the majority of his whole cars were windowdowns with backgrounds that extended up to the top of the car. not top to bottom letters, much less wild styles. which brings us to this holyroller. i give this dude the utmost respect because i couldnt do it, and have never done it. even though its floating, and im not really fond of this particular style, the sheer magnitude of the whole thing is awe inspiring. furthermore, i think people who have never seen a holy roller should not be talking shit. although they may look small in the flik, holyrollers are probably the bigest train cars that have ever been painted. overall they are longer and a lot taller than rapid transit, commuter or passenger cars -and- there is no convienient catwalk to use when doing a whole car. whoever did that piece is the man in my book, not only for doing a piece, on a train, of that size...but also for making all the letters flow and consistently sized. and fuck a wall i would love to see that shit roll by on a train.

Originally posted by ZedIsDed

whoever did that piece is the man in my book, not only for doing a piece, on a train, of that size...but also for making all the letters flow and consistently sized. and fuck a wall i would love to see that shit roll by on a train.

I agree with all this, but it's also needs to be said that he must have painted in a reasonably chill spot because of the time required with all the ladder work ... or maybe it was something he came back to over several nights ... whichever, the end result certainly looks impressive ... BUT ... in my opinion it's wrong (whoever it was further up the post) to compare it to a commuter wholetrain done in a European country. All the circumstances and the conditions are too different ... so it is just personal taste and not how 'ardcore' or 'real' either is.

BTW, interesting story about Seen and the window-down's ... little snippets like that make really interesting reading :)

Originally posted by FR8 LIFE

have you ever stood next to one of those??? do you know the demotions on an auto rack???? i doubt you do

what does me standing next to one have to do with anything you dumb fuck. I've put in enough work on or around holy rollers. so what. Was the fool above comparing a holy roller to a commuter train? If he was I'm confused. Fuck it. I don't care either way.

Clout magazine has like 10 differant wholecar holy roller autoracks in it. Tight shit.. I've seen a few posted here on 12, some i'd never seen before.

id say a wholetrain and one of these bad mammajamas are pretty hardcore, but lets be honest folks, BOTH take pretty easy spots to do. no one can do a whole anything in a 10 minute layup.

also, ive always wondered the dimensions of passenger trains compared to freight trains.

Archived