WHOA. regulator finaly sketched

REGULATOR

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the A was cool.

i very seldom like to see arrows on graffiti.

i mean, it takes some good work to be able to use arrows correctly and collaborate them into your peices.

dont take this as a diss, im doin what you said, tellin you how you can fix it up and jazz.

but id suggest finding a good way to end your letters instead of wrapping them behind other letters and ending them with arrows.

i think if an artist does use arrows, it shouldnt be on the end of an arrow, but on a bar you add to a letter to give effect.

(ie: sever)

i had actually just drawn somethin that said SWAE to show you what i meant, but i was gonna clean it up and edit it on the computer (yea im a toy) and my software fucked up.

i may try it again later if you want.

hope i helped you some.

Guest --zeSto--

think 'Line Logic'

some of the line on the first one don't make sence

in terms of relative proportions. The go from thin to thick

were the shouldn't. Try this.... (because I'm here to help)

Make all the major lines (the one that form the letters) EXACTLY the same width,

and make all the minor lines (your extra detail lines i.e. arrows) EXACTLY half the width of the major lines.

Dont do any under/overlaps yet, they'll only throw your proportions out.

s'ok them?

Guest 5th wheel

not bad not bad...work on some basic lettering (everyone agrees!)....and dont imitate a graffiti style...innovate it..make the letters flow....practice writing simple words and have them flow together like a logo....make them go somewhere.....not just a straight path...slant em,,curve em....but practice writing lots of words..so that you can get lots of letters down instead of just your name.....(it'll help in the long run).....and i agree ,,i hardly ever like my own stuff....you always see your mistakes..when others dont...keep at it..and i agree with cleansheets in sayin..if i see an alright piece but dope handstyle....then i love it...handstyles are what makes em for me

Originally posted by sixteenvandals

the tags are actually headed towards being good. i dont think this could possibly be your first sketch. based on the tags.

yea i never sketch...all i have done is bubble letters and handstyles...im too lazy to sketch but i havent had much homewoek lately so i decided to start

think 'Line Logic'

some of the line on the first one don't make sence

in terms of relative proportions. The go from thin to thick

were the shouldn't. Try this.... (because I'm here to help)

Make all the major lines (the one that form the letters) EXACTLY the same width,

and make all the minor lines (your extra detail lines i.e. arrows) EXACTLY half the width of the major lines.

Dont do any under/overlaps yet, they'll only throw your proportions out.

s'ok them?

Queted from ZESTO

i agree with what zesto(above) said. Think about when something is printed the letters no matter what font are always either the same thickness everywere or are proportioned to each other. One way to practice this is to just copy fonts/logos from companys. it is very boring and sucks to do, but it will help you develop your letters. another thing would be to take logo's/fonts and copy them then add on to them.

I was gonna say almost exactly what another loser said. Lose those arrows at the ends of the S, W, and E. I actually kinda liked the A. For a first sketch i personally think thats really good. Keep it up man... by the way how old are you?

Archived