Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

whoa...buff that train

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by NOVAGIRL, Mar 2, 2002.

1. NOVAGIRL

NOVAGIRL Member

who knows how much it costs to buff one side of a boxcar and a hopper...and who gets that loot

a certain railworker named LEONARD COLLINS told the cops it costs $7000 per car and because of LEONARD COLLINS i'm facing a felony...so to make a long story short i need to know or need to be pointed in the right direction to find this info...ya know for court and shit...

legitimate sources would be nice cause my lawyer just doesn't understand the railways...

help would be reciprocated with handjobs...thanks and

DIE LEONARD COLLINS DIE

2. NATO

NATO Guest

im sure it would depend on how they buff them, are they gonna reapaint them or spray them with solvents?

3. hulk hogan

hulk hogan Member

:crazy:

i dunno about how much it costs. but i know that handjobs around my way are like 20 bucks.

4. C-O-K PBScru

C-O-K PBScru Member

DAMN 7,OOO WHY DO PEOPLE CARE ABOUY SOME SHITTY ASS TRAINS I MEAN THE ENGINES YEAH BUT THE BOXCARS AND SHIT GET FUCKED UP SOMETIMES BY THE COMPANYS LOADING THEM UP WITH SHIT

5. fr8burner

fr8burner Elite Member

i say buffing freights is a huge waste of money....there just gonna get painted on again sooner or later.......besides i like the look of those old rusty ones over the new shiny ones anyway....

6. L.RonHubbard

L.RonHubbard Guest

you want LEGITIMATE sources, and your coming to the internet???

I know when i got caught painting freights when i was 15 they didnt try to give me felony charges. The rail company said that since i didnt go over the numbers they would let it slide. Have you talked to the judge yet? cause im sure they could hit you off with that if they wanted to. I heard about some skateboarder getting a felony charge because the buisness said it would cost them thousands of dollars to re paint the handrail he damaged.

7. THE LAW

THE LAW Guest

get a new lawyer...

they should be doing this research for you.

8. L.RonHubbard

L.RonHubbard Guest

word...if hes not out there researching, then what are youi paying him for?

9. well, i can tell you one thing, there's no fucking way it costs anywhere near that much. as far as i know, most/all freight buffing is done with paint, so i'd say it costs more like 10 dollars.

10. NOVAGIRL

NOVAGIRL Member

they are gonna drop the charges...all i had to do pay a restitution...the lawyer arranged that at the preliminary...but i have another court date comin up to offically drop the charges...

i just wanted to know in case the railway dudes try to pull shit...so no one knows how much train buffin costs?

11. NOVAGIRL

NOVAGIRL Member

oh and the handjob is still up for grabs fellas

12. another loser

another loser Elite Member

i want a hand job!!!

i dont think it costs as little as 10 bucks.
    i mean, they have to pay the guys by the hour and shit, buy the paint, and normally, you see that they tape spots off on hoppers, and they have stencils and junk for fr8s.
    so it probably costs at least 30 bucks per side and stuff.
    but nothing near 7k, unless they got some of that anti-graffiti paint.
    well wait.
    it would depend alot on what kind of paint they feel they need to use.
    i mean, if anyone here has ever tried to order the paint for a car or truck (if you are like me and try to come out cheaper by buying your own paint and shit and taking it to someone and having them spray it), the paint can get pricey.
    cheapest ive found is just under a hundred bucks for just a gallon.
    so if they think that that kind of stuff works better on their cars and shit, then it may get kind of expensive there, but still, no where near 7k.

its good that theyre gonna drop the charges and shit.
    ive been arrested for painting the back of a Caterpillar Tractor (after getting ratted on, now im a murderer).
    and the owner had his workers spend half the day scrubbing it with paint thinner to get the paint off and they said i would have to pay a restitution equal to the amount the owner paid his workers to take it off, and the price of the paint thinner they used.
    they split it between me and my boy who quit not long after that (he wasnt much into the game as it was) and it was $178 or so a peice.
    they didnt waste any time doing it, they started work early and when the police got there to take the report, it was all gone and that was about 9:30am.
    so he must have been paying them like 25 an hour (considering that i wasnt paying for some bullshit).
    I had 3 months to pay it.
    i ended up getting arrested again just before my deadline for some other non graff related stuff, and never paid my restitution.
    haha, FUUUUH Q assholes!!!.
    my boy had a job and paid his right off the bat.
    haha.
    oh well, whatever.

13. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

you right, 7 grand is alot to repaint a car. You could do it a hell of alot cheaper, but thats not what they're trying to do. If pressed the company will probably break down the costs and it will look like this:
    -buying shop time for a repaint
    -cost of sanding/prepping the car
    -paint (industrial strength, multiple coats, expen$$$ive)
    -wages for the staff
    -lost income from the car being out of service

when you pad out the numbers and add that up its easy to get to 7 grand. the RR isn't concerned with repainting the car...its concerned with screwing you as much as possible.

14. IHATEU

IHATEU 12oz Loyalist

your charges are NOT going to be droped if you are paying resitution..im sure your attorney entered a plea of NOLO or guilty with a fileing, wich is stay good for alocated time and the file gets tossed...listen, if the rail reps dont show up and your shitty lawyer dont move to dismiss it fully with no resitution payement you payed a chump....also if the cops arrested you or caught you on rail proprety, they broke the law too....want my card....

15. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

ill act as your lawyer for a handjob. shit, you can get ihateu too, we'll be like the fucking ghetto dream team...