who was really into g.i. joe as a kid?

Comp

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

computer animated...............don't know about that. i remeber the original g.i. joe movie. it was the shit. i mean now it would just be soooo boring because nothing ever really happens. but back then it was so rad, the opening song goes on for like 4 minutes. and there are so many cobra guys parachuting with guns and stuff, the coolest guns EVER. wow what guns they had.

Guest blood as ink

it was all about fuckin' transformers.

i still have most of mine...with the boxes..my mom saved them for some reason..oh god i sound like collector scum...fuckin' shoot me.

Guest willy.wonka

GIjoe...fights against terrorism....back in the day...communism..

2002=bringing or trying to bring kids back to the 1980s all over again..

what a crock

i used to have the aircraft carrier....at least i think i did...dont know if its wishful thinking or ?what?

swif oner gives a thumbs up to transformers and GI Joe.

snakeyes kicks arse! did he ever take off his mask? :D

auto bots like whoa.

construkicons are nasty.

SGT. Slaughter was gay and still is.

oh yeah...and knowing is half the battle

when i lived in new york i thought it would be cool to bring all of my gi joes to the park with me. after playing with them in the sand, i wanted to go play on the jungle gym but i couldnt bring my gi joes with me and my mom was asleep so i had the wonderful idea of burying them in a spot where i could find them later. i buried them, i left, i played, i came back, and they were gone :( im so wonderfully intelligent.

btw, comp, dude, u forgot cobra commander.:crazy:

YOOOOOOOO JOE!!!

GI-JOE -The Hiss Vehicle was the shit!

Transformers-did you see Optimus Prime is now a fire truck? BS.

Mask-anybody remember these, I know I had/have them but don't remember the story line behind them or character, I remember a semi truck.

I think all these still live in my parents attic, along w/ the not so violent playmobile and lego's.

Originally posted by your all gay

man i used to hate when that black rubber band that holds the fuckin torso and pelvis together used to break. that shit sucked

Any time that happened to mine, they would become a "casualty of war." Those would be the ones that were dead and strewn across the battle field. I had a big tree in my front yard when I was a kid. I would climb up and position all of my G.I. Joes on branches (sometimes hanging from kite string "repelling" ... sometimes on "zip lines" between two branches).

On a side note: I have a theory that involves the government and TV executives conspiring to brainwash the children of America using cartoons. It seemed to hold a lot more water with the cartoons that were on when I was a kid. Now days, most of the toons on TV are just mindless bullshit.

Now you know ... And knowing is half the battle.

Originally posted by nomadawhat

YOOOOOOOO JOE!!!

GI-JOE -The Hiss Vehicle was the shit!

Transformers-did you see Optimus Prime is now a fire truck? BS.

Mask-anybody remember these, I know I had/have them but don't remember the story line behind them or character, I remember a semi truck.

I think all these still live in my parents attic, along w/ the not so violent playmobile and lego's.

Mask was rad! I had a bunch of those guys too. That show was kind of like a mix between Johnny Quest and G.I. Joe.

Guest Pilau Hands

Ok...

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/Pilau%20Hands/gijoetherealamericanhero.jpg'>

- Okay his head is kind of cut out of the frame, but dude had red gloves and a blue helmet. I think he threw grenades too. He was always my favorite. When everyone would get into a royal rumble, he would be the last man standing. I'd leave the room, come back, and everyone was just knocked out. He was a cobra, but I made him a free agent.

- Russian guy with white flat top haircut...not much to say. He was always weird. He liked to beat people up though. This guy was usually the "goliath" character...big, strong, dumb. Some good guy would come in and wipe the floor with him.

- top center: Snake tail eye patch guy. He was in the movie. His tail always creeped me out.

- bottom: That's right fool. The Refrigerator Perry. No one messed with this dude. Football / G.I. Joe, was there anything this dude couldn't do?

...not circled, but worth mentioning:

Dude below the russian guy with the pink scarf...I never knew what that was about.

Upper right. The badass cobra droid bot with hologram on his stomach. This dude was fucking harsh. Detachable arms and all that shit. He got a lot of play time.

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/Pilau%20Hands/gijoetherealamericanhero2.jpg'>

- Standard cobra soldier, but with different armor and a red mask. I always thought that was badass.

- Samurai dude beneath him. Not much to say about this guy, but I was really into samurai and ninja guys when I was a kid.

- Okay next to red vest dude at the top was the gypsy hypnotist guy. He wasn't too cool, but he had a spinny shield that was fresh.

- At the very bottom right was soldier boy. Seriously this dude's costume was a marine uniform...that sucked. But what's funny is, I don't know if this was a mistake or anything, but his hair wasn't painted. Look closely...brown mustache...hair the color of his skin. Crazy.

- That's right...Sergeant Motherfucking Slaughter! (missing his legs) This dude COULD NOT be fucked with. He would come in and just destroy...he was in the movie too, with this two red vested friends (top and bottom). They fought against the snake dude and his cronies. After he lost his legs, things just weren't the same for the sarge, but he could still smack you around.

- Above him was the top cobra dog. In the movie, this dude came around and smacked Cobra Commander's lisping ass all over the floor. He was the one in the plane screaming, "Cobraaaaaa lalalalalalalalalaaaaaaah"

Why did I type all that?

Well shit I needed some cheering up.

The above two frames are like half of my "Joes."

I need a sandwich.

Hahahaha....I have a whole bunch of those guys. And MASK is the greatest toy of all time. I still have all of my MASK toys, and I would seriously be willing to buy some if any of you are willing to sell. I even wrote to Hasbro to ask if they could sell me some but they said they don't even stock them anymore.

Seriously, if anyone wants to sell some, hit me up with an email. Please.....

Damn, Dazzle! I wish I could help you out, man, but my mom gave the majority of my toys to my little cousin (including all my He-Man figures, Castle Greyskull, G.I. Joes, Transformers, A-Team action figures, MASK figures, and a handful of others that I wish I still had) who promtly destroyed them all.

Originally posted by pukey1

btw, comp, dude, u forgot cobra commander.:crazy:

this is where you are wrong, if you look in the middle of the second row of pictures you will see the third version of cobra commander in his tough as nails battle armor. i used to watch the cartoon every weekend. it was soooo good. then about 91 or 92 it got stupid, i hated it, they made slice and dice seem really stupid when they were so rad. especially slice, with that mesh mask. (see below)

http://yojoe.com/action/92/92images/slice.jpg'>

oh man that was so rad. i loved it. he had all these sweet swords. also storm shadow was awesome.

http://yojoe.com/action/84/84images/stormshadow.jpg'>

and firefly, oh baby what a ninja.

the g.i. joe ninjas were such tough shit.

they weren't afriad to use guns and machines to destroy everything.

and the cobra eels. they were sooooo rad.

http://yojoe.com/action/85/85images/eels.jpg'>

more coolness later. oh man i love gi joe.

i always liked how storm shadow and the joe ninja always had this wierd code of honor with eachother. like, instead of being enemies, sometimes they would work together in certain situations. that always made me wanna be a ninja, cause it made ninjas seem like better people. like they really cared about shit, instead of just shooting people with lazer beam guns.

the rivalry between storm shadow and snake eyes was the lesson of ying and yang...

i gotta say most of the flicks you guys were dropping ive never seen...i guess im kinda a ole school gi joer...i dont remember snake eyes having shiny daggers on his chest...or 90% of pilaus....some of em i remember from my last days....

man i used to play with those guys non fucking stop....i really like alks talk about setting up the tree....i had one of those trees in my front lawn too....oh the battles....

hey who was the guy who changed color and had his swamp crew that was bad ass...they all had the aussie accents...

wheres destro?:idea:

Originally posted by mental invalid

hey who was the guy who changed color and had his swamp crew that was bad ass...they all had the aussie accents...

http://www.yojoe.com/action/84/84images/zartan.jpg'>

http://www.yojoe.com/filecard/84cobras/zartan.jpg'>

Zartan's skin was made of thermal sensitive material that would change color in sunlight and heat. When Zartan's chest and arms were placed in direct sunlight, they turned blue. After removing him from sunlight, the color faded and returned back to its normal skintone. This same kind of material was used with Zandar (1986) and Zarana (1986).

Info obtained at www.yojoe.com.

alks you kill me dood....

bravo chap.....

aw shit alks bringing memories of the cards on the back of the package....man those fuckers were marketing geniuses....

Zartan was fucking bad ass and they had those swamp hovercrafts....oh man they were the shit....one of the doods name was buzzsaw, but id ont really remember the other heads....

who had the blue twin engine cobra fighter...man that was a cool xmas

my best friend has the aircraft carrier....that thing was the fuckin shiznit...

who was the hottie with the crossbow?

i still have most of my collection.. when ever one of the cars blew up.. or one of the guys had to be exploded because his.. uh.. friends couldnt get to him in time.. i would just do alot of chores and get enough money for it again.. or i would steal them from the kid down the street. the kid down the street had so much fucking gijoe shit it wasnt even funny. what was funny though is when he couldnt find his shit and i showed up with it claiming i bought it yesterday, that fucker believed me everytime. we had tall grass too, so sometimes my gi joes got lost at war.. they didnt have the best sense of direction in the jungle. and the cobra hide out was hard to get to from the other side of the lawn. sometimes the gods would send down this quite large dog looking thing.. and he would chew on them for awhile until i found him and took back my real american hero. i remember when the barbie robot universe tried to take over the lawn and gi joe and cobra had to join together... my parents didnt like that all my sisters barbies mere mangled and burnt and had red paint on them. the end of what i remember from the gi joe days.

Archived