Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Who Plays Tennis On Here?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Weapon X, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Yo, I've been playing like crazy this summer. It's my new hobby. If I can afford it, I'm gonna join a winter league or something. And I need lessons, too. But I'd say I'm pretty decent for a beginner.*

*well, I been playing here and there all my life, but I was never a regular at the courts, to be sure.

2. beardofzeus

beardofzeus Member

You can get a rating of your level with the USTA, and play on a team and meet all these tennis fanatics in your area, and then when you get children you can drag them around to all your matches and tournaments and have them be bored to tears like my parents did.

3. kido

kido Senior Member

hell yea. Ive played more than ever this summer. And actually just joined a winter league. Always looking for someone to play, move to louisville

4. gren1 bnc

gren1 bnc Senior Member

i cant stand tennis!

5. guerillaeye

guerillaeye Senior Member

my parents used to take in "last chance" kids who had been in and out of detention all their life.. needless to say, i learned from the pro's.

*hahaha... im talking table-tennis

:loopy:

6. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

7. beardo

beardo Guest

my parents made me play on the HS team for a season, cus i had to have a 'school related activity'

i do enjoy it though, when not forced upon me. US open, wimbeldon, yeah, i watch that shit, nigga.

8. bostonsnewest

bostonsnewest Veteran Member

playing tennis is definitly a sweet game.

9. westy

westy Guest

I play; but its really hard to find a partner. Tennis is only fun when you have an opponent of equal skill.

10. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

[​IMG]
    cool fucking dude bro

11. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

LOL

I agree, Westy, it certainly is important to play with someone as good or a little better than you.

I'm pretty depressed because tennis season is over here (the lights won't go on anymore) and winter tennis costs a whole lot. I'll try to play a few games here and there over this winter, you know, make a day of it and stuff.

By the way, I was reading up on some of the latest technologies/gimmicks used in today's tennis raquets, and it's unbelievable! I have a pretty decent Wilson racquet, myself.

12. rental

rental Dirty Dozen Crew

tennis is for dorks. i cant believe you play tennis, weapon x. i expected more of you. im taking a tennis class for pe at school.

13. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

say WHA? Why do people think this? Rental, it's a very satisfying thing when you rally with your opponent, setting him up for a crosscourt smash that he embarasses himself by even trying for it.

I've had a couple of people laugh at me for playing tennis - and you know what? These guys were the type to not even follow hockey or basketball or anything...so I don't understand where the stigma is coming from.

It's not like I'm some fobster on the high school badminton team. Tennis is more hardcore than that.

14. rental

rental Dirty Dozen Crew

im just fucking with you. especially since im learning right now.

but really, tennis has always seemed a little girly to me. i did have some fantasy involving pete sampras when i was about 6 though...weird little girl that i was.

15. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

I guess the girls dig the hairy chested beasts.

I don't know about tennis being girly (as in soft), but ever since I was a kid, I thought women's tennis was a bit better to watch. More rallying and stuff. As a matter of fact, when other dudes pretended to be Boris Becker or Andre Agassi, I pretended to be Steffi Graff on the court - as well as Ivan Lendl and Stefan Edberg, mind you!