Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

who on here is straight edge??

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by SatansArtist, Dec 20, 2001.

1. SatansArtist

SatansArtist Junior Member

I have really never paid attention to this but there is alot of straight edge writers out there. I would say in the last years or so i have met alot of graff peeps that are XsXeX... if you are more power to you! if you arent just voice an opinion say what you think.:D

2. Big Bruno

Big Bruno Senior Member

its those goddamn XXX's that got me hooked to straight edge, the other nite i scored a really good bag of straight edge. man i was fucked up.

3. drinktheblood

drinktheblood Member

i'm straight edge, and i know i should be offended, but that might be the funniest thing i've ever heard.

4. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

my name's drinkmasterjon...

do the math.

5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

be offended? thats the problem with most straight edge kids, they need to fucking relax. YOUR NOT BETTER THAN ME JACK ASS. and im not talking to you, im talking to straight edge kids in general.

i was clean and sober for 6 years, then fell off for bit, and now im back on the preverbial wagon. i suppose i fit the definition, but i have never felt any urge to claim allegiance to any nonsense 'social club.' i have nothing in common with anyone that has to express their status to the world in such an ego shielding manner. no thanks. im american, but i dont draw USA on my hands. i'm pro-cuba, but i dont draw a communist star on my god damn forhead.... im also crabby though, so wht do i know..

6. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

what the heck is straight edge?

7. BIG T

BIG T Member

WERD!!!!!!!!!!

8. drinktheblood

drinktheblood Member

i guess is see straight edge as more than a social club, it's about being proud of yourself and your ideals. straight edge get's a bad name from all these kids that are more about fitting in somewhere than actually believeing in the principals of straight edge. the worst part of it is that there are a ton of kids that get in and then get out so quick that it makes the real straight edge kids look like morons, "you'll all sell out sooner or later, just like that guy." anyway, i don't think it's about being better than anyone else because i'm not doing this for anyone else. the rest of the world doesn't even play into it. i guess the coment about being offended is what set you off, but think about it like this- if you were jewish and people made a bunch of jokes and negative comments about being jewish you'd be offened, right? well, it's not that different. if someone makes a joke about something you believe in you get offened, but you need to know when it's for real. like i said, it was really funny, so i'm not going to loose any sleep over it.

9. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer New Jack

if you need a labelto be proud of yourself you need a kick in the balls. fuck all you uptight SxExEXeeexEXEx kids and all that bullshit. your morals and values mean nothing to me and your no better than me. so dont push that shit on my or anyone i know. same with you religion pushers. you have an independant mind....... use it.

10. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

I WEAR BIG X'S ON MY HAND< IM COOOOOOOL! No not really i just drink alot...whats a matter with alittle alcohol now and then, helps the body...cigs do too...well maybe not, but theyre good to smoke after you drink...but then of course if you give a drunk a beer, hes gonna want a cig....and if you give that cig. to the drunk, hes gonna want a nother beer...and if you give that beer to the drunk, hes gonna want another cig.....and if you give that cig. to the drunk, hes gonna want a nother beer...and if you give that beer to the drunk, hes gonna want another cig.....and if you give that cig. to the drunk, hes gonna want a nother beer...and if you give that beer to the drunk, hes gonna want another cig.....and if you give that cig. to the drunk, hes gonna want a nother beer...and if you give that beer to the drunk, hes gonna want another cig.....and if you give that cig. to the drunk, hes gonna want a nother beer...and if you give that beer to the drunk, hes gonna want another cig.....and if you give that cig. to the drunk, hes gonna want a nother beer...and if you give that beer to the drunk, hes gonna want another cig.....and if you give that cig. to the drunk, hes gonna want a nother beer...and if you give that beer to the drunk, hes gonna want another cig.....and if you give that cig. to the drunk, hes gonna want a nother beer...and if you give that beer to the drunk, hes gonna want another cig.....and if you give that cig. to the drunk, hes gonna want a nother beer...and if you give that beer to the drunk, hes gonna want another cig....well you get the picture....gotta love the repitition in life...any whoo..bye.

11. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

drink the blood: i understand what your saying, but there is a huge difference between being racist, and making jokes about being straight edge. being straight edge is something you choose for yourself, not something that is chosen for you. its no different than making jokes about people that ride rollerblades, drive souped up hondas or wear pink tights. they probably believe in what they're doing too, it probably is as big of a part of their life as sXe is to you.

basically, my whole shit is... do wht you want, but dont hide behind the shield of labels and say your being strong.

12. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Senior Member

all this talk about choosing and chose...ha ha..
    i wouldnt call myself straight edge, but thats cause about 3 years ago i sold out for maybe 2 months.....
    havent had anything to drink or smoke or anything since then.....
    and i havent had a bit of fun the past 3 years...
    yea, right.

13. got tha feva

got tha feva Guest

If you aren't now you never were, right?

.... I never was for 4 years of my life.

I think it's a lot cooler when someone isn't straight edge, but has more hobbies than just getting fucked up. Moderation is key to everything... straight edge is kindof one extreme to the other. But I think it was a movement that really helped out the DIY hardcore/punk scene... from what I hear it used to be a bunch of booze hounds and heroin addicts, and now it's a bunch of art fags and kickboxers. I don't meet that many sxe kids anymore, but I think the whole Ian McKay philosophy kindof stuck in everyone's head. The part about having better things to do.. Drugs are great and all, but there's so much more our there, I just hate to see people get caught up in one thing for too long. Be it sXe or substances.

PRUDE

14. LeopoldBloom

LeopoldBloom New Jack

Ahh yes, the good old sXe issue... I feel like I'm in high school all over again.

For real though, this is right up my alley (for once). Livein g in upstate NY for 90% of my life (read: Syracuse/Buffalo "Straight edge capitals of the world") I was rocking the Xs for my entire young life. I never did that militant shit but I had my proverbial "pride" even though I was, literally, the only sXe kid in my school. Time passes and I learn that I understand myself and my body enough to partake of the drink without becoming a lush. That was 5 years ago and I think I'm a better person now than I was then. Straightedge is a great thing, especially when you're young... in fact, I think ALL kids should be. But, I also son't have a problem with having a good time with drinking (or even the low-key drugs)... but not until you get a grasp of your maturity and understand how the shit will affect you.

True till 21, son. Actually, I think I was 22.

Man, the good old days of Path of Resistance... ha.

15. seven.13

seven.13 Dirty Dozen Crew

Nah...I don't so that happening anytime soon.

Considering I was in a bar till 5 am last night.....