Who Often Experiences Flow, And Does it really Cause reward in one's life.

ETHREADZNY

Flow which is defiened by Csikszentmihalyi is when you are totally involved in a activity, lose a sense of time, and can cause reward that carries over into life. For me it is art, I often get so wrapped up in my artwork that I often kill a whole afternoon drawing. After words I often feel as all my burdens are lifted from me.

He said all a person needs in life is flow to be happy.

What activities do you get involved in that make you feel this way, and does this cause reward in your life. Do you feel this is strongly correlated with happiness?

I expect to get brain dead answers as well as those of you that can think. either way be stupid if you want , its your life.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by ETHREADZNY

Csikszentmihalyi

I just went into flow overdrive trying to decipher that name.

More later...

masturbation. seriously, time flies when you're doing that.

other than that? sports, man. time flies like hell when you're playing ball, and you feel great after, especially if you win. watching sports, too, 'cuz if your team wins, it's a great night full of celebration.

Guest SMUGGLER RSH

Doing a fat production with mates.....Shit time flew the last time I did one. Drinking beer mainly because all your senses are nummed and time can`t be recollected. Just chillin and smoking a joint with friends time flies. Basketball definatly. Drawing in my sketch book, I once filled 40 pages full of graff related drawings in one go. Watching a good movie

spending time on 12oz...man my flow kicks in and the next thing I know it been 6 hours...

riiiiight

seriously though my flow would be my collages I have....i start cutting shit out and making them and i lose track of everything. or when i'm reading shit you can walk into the room and start talking and if I'm in my "book" world I can't hear a thing

I breeze through life even when I'm stressed out......drawing,drinking alcoholic beverages,writing poetry,chillin' with girls who I actually like,listening to songs over and over......if I didn't have any bills to pay I probably wouldn't worry about anything.flow.

Archived