Who is Nace?

AskNags

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've read alot of the other posts and obviously he was a respected writer who from what I gather is gone now....My question I guess is why is he so respected and important? and he must be important if everyone is all gung ho about a book being written about him.

And secondly I haven't been writing all that long...so there are still alot of people I haven't heard of.

Originally posted by AskNags

Man!!! Don't hate, EDUCATE! What's the story?

I mean forgive me for being up on my painting and not up on my graf news and gossip.

Nace was a GOD! Style. ups, the whole 9 youngster! Just understand that if this is really something of importance to you then you'll do your homework on your elders! This is one that you should regard highly, give respect to, and learn a thing or two from! Look up the threads here on the board and read them line for line...........

RIP the infamous NACE!!:king:

graffsurgeon, in the future, please refrain from asking such gossipy quilting bee bullshit. if he wanted you to know the status of his incarceration, he would have called you and told you wouldnt he?

asknags, i suggest before you post other threads like this about every name, phrase and tool you dont understand, you do some research. if you see a name you dont know that sounds important, look them up. with the web, there is no one that you cant find stuff out about. asking us to hand you the information is both lazy and offensive. graffiti takes work, dedication and heart and while this thread might show a bit of curiosity, it has none of the other three.... as a new writer, you should learn that not only are you insignifigant, but until you prove yourself, your almost non-existent. you're one of a thousand kids that picked up a can for the first time today. 80% will quit before the month is up. work on your simples, learn about the history and attack the whole thing with the same respect you hope to get back.

Originally posted by seeking innocence

graffsurgeon, in the future, please refrain from asking such gossipy quilting bee bullshit. if he wanted you to know the status of his incarceration, he would have called you and told you wouldnt he?

asknags, i suggest before you post other threads like this about every name, phrase and tool you dont understand, you do some research. if you see a name you dont know that sounds important, look them up. with the web, there is no one that you cant find stuff out about. asking us to hand you the information is both lazy and offensive. graffiti takes work, dedication and heart and while this thread might show a bit of curiosity, it has none of the other three.... as a new writer, you should learn that not only are you insignifigant, but until you prove yourself, your almost non-existent. you're one of a thousand kids that picked up a can for the first time today. 80% will quit before the month is up. work on your simples, learn about the history and attack the whole thing with the same respect you hope to get back.

well said seeking

its a shame, when i found out about nace's passing, i told some of my crew members bout it, they were like "who is that" i was in such shock, i was like damn guys, you need to learn your history, there mad lazy, they wouldnt know nothing bout nobody outside of our town if it wasnt for me, i hate having to explain everthing to them, oh well there young, theyll learn, but the point of this post was so asknags wouldnt feel like hes the only one out there who dont know who nace was, so dont worry buddy theres others out there who have been painting for at least a year or two you prolly dont know any more than you

well then. im getting beef with everyone today.

While I agree that one should do some research before posting certain questions (and it is pretty obvious that one wouldn't have to go very far to find a LOT of info on Nace here at 12oz.), it is legit for people to not know of him. While I guess I'm inviting ridicule for this, I didn't know Nace until reading a post about his death. I don't think there was a thread dedicated to Nace here before his untimely death.

Some of us don't spend our non-painting time researching, talking about, gossiping, and basically sweating other writers. SOme folks write to write and have little concern for the scene. Granted, that is the minority of graf writers.

I feel the need to say that I don't want to sound disrespectful. If people didn't or don't know of Nace or any other amazing artist, it is their loss, not ours.

of course no one expects you to know of every writer. the replies that were ignorant were just that, ignorant. nace wasnt a saint, he didnt cure cancer and he didnt end global warming. he was a writer and its totally conceivable that people may not know who he was. the moral of the story, however, is that there is no reason to glorify your lack of knowledge. dont ask us who nace was, find out who nace was. if i remember correctly, asknags is the same guy who a couple days ago, was asking if anyone wrote 'revoke.' im not at all a hard ass about such things, but there is a certain point where much like with the law, lack of knowledge doesnt make it ok.

Guest GorbortOrman

...but there is a certain point where much like with the law, lack of knowledge doesnt make it ok.

I think he's just young and curious and interested, now that is totally OK in my oppinion... He'll learn quickly. ;) :cool:

Originally posted by AskNags

Man!!! Don't hate, EDUCATE! What's the story?

I mean forgive me for being up on my painting and not up on my graf news and gossip.

why do you cry like a baby in each reply........im sorry this , forgive me that...........are you like 9 years old or sumthing

use ur common sense. if i didnt know who nace was and i was on a graffiti message board and tehre was a thread saying "rip nace" with a couple nace flix inside id guess he was a well known writer who passed away. what do u think???

Seeking: You fuckin crack smoker! I suggest YOU do YOUR fucking RESEARCH because I never fucking asked shit about REVOKE.

and Um JAH obviously he was a writer and obviously he died. I was asking what the story was...and Obviously a great many people b4 u told me to do my homework and find out myself...which is just what I did so you can all lick my nuts. And to everyone who reads this and wants to know about Nace ask me and I'll tell you.

Ignorance isn't not knowing who someone is or was...Ignorance is not asking who the person is or was.....

wow there brother. "if i remember correctly" thereby stating i was not completely sure. and even still, re read my comments. none of them were ignorant in the least. infact, i said that the people that replied to you had been ignorant.

but, if you wanna walk around with an attitude like this, go right ahead. front on the local cats in your city and watch your teeth fly from your mouth.

someone is skating on thin ice right from the get go. youve been on the board, what, 4 days now? yeah, your really in a position to judge us.

Archived