art of storytellin pt 1 with slick rick's verses

dre3K on "it's ok"

so fresh, so clean

"Fat titties turn to teardrops as fat ass turns to flab

Sores that was open wounds eventually turn to scab

Trees bright and green turn yellow brown

Autumn caught em, see all them leaves must fall down, growin old"

[This message has been edited by hellcouncil (edited 08-02-2001).]

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by hellcouncil:

"Fat titties turn to teardrops as fat ass turns to flab

Sores that was open wounds eventually turn to scab

Trees bright and green turn yellow brown

Autumn caught em, see all them leaves must fall down, growin old"

I love that song... listened to it at some of the most introspective moments of my young life... there's nothing like watching the sun come up while that song plays. A few other joints (though a lot of good ones I like have already been mentioned):

da art of storytellin part 2 (because of their outlook on the end of the world, "IFOs are landing in decatur...")

in due time

slum beautiful (the last part dre speaks is sweet as hell)

the sound of their voices on spottieottie

benz or beamer

and high schoolin and red velvet for some more of the dancey funkiness.

is it just me, or is anyone... annoyed/pissed/whatever that outkast is putting out a greatest hits album because all the little fuckers on mtv thought they were a new band? i dont think they need to prove themselves. ive been on outkast since the 2nd album (and the amount of times that i proved ATLiens was their 2nd, if i had a nickel every time....), and thought i dont hate on people discovering them, i feel they dont appreciate it as much. whatever. peace.

------------------

ABOVElabs.

[This message has been edited by atc (edited 08-02-2001).]

Guest imported_Europe

Outkast fan since summer 1993, still remember how much I was chilling to Southernplayalisticcaddilacfunkymusic... Those were the days, its funny how the summer seemed better when you were young.

All Outkast albums are classics!

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

in my opinion,

ATLiens is one of the most underappreciated and underrated rap albums of all times.

despite number of album sales and whatnot, i still think that most people overlokk how good the album is. when it is talked about it is never spoken of in the way it deserves,

in my opinion...

------------------

Now back to your regularly scheduled re-programming...

i just barely got into them through a friend of mine who is undoubtedly their biggest fan ever. wish i'd heard them earlier. ATLiens is one of the most amazing albums ever made, i'm curious about the greatest hit shitz only for the five new songs.

but think of their fame this way. they spent their golden age (ATLiens, southern, aquemini) with a heavy and devout following of people who cared. MTV jumped on stankonia, and i'm kind of glad it happened when it did. dre and big boi get the cash now that they so deserve, and the TRL kids can play "ms jackson" all they want. fuck em.

• 1 year later...

i think the real question is who lives near big boi and goes over there frequently? well i guess not cuz i would be th eonly person on th epost, but ya, they cool, big boi has a daks piece in his garage and some mo' fuckin krunk ass cars. ill go catch some flicks so you guys cant say stupid shit to me, faggits

Archived