Who doesn't like freights?

THEMISHE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest me IS cool

I can relate to this topic. cuz a long time ago I was never into freights I thought they were gay. THinking you'd get nowhere with them. But as soon as I took them seriously I was opened to a whole new culture with it's own history, guidelines and ways. I mean knowing your piece might last to the next decade is something a yard or bomb can never accomplish unless there are certain circumstances. And that is the icing that topped the cake. And yeah I can see how they may be boring to some people but that's if you got a yard out in the middle of nowhere where you can spend all day there. The majority of people I talk to say that getting at trains are harder than bombing the local freeway. So whatever may be said... freights are forever.

i hate fr8s, thank god im not the only one.

i also hate these faggot kids from god knows where

telling me the "rules" of writing on fr8s

(dont hit engines,dont go over numbers,blah,blah,blah)

fuck you to all you homos that fit in to this catergory,

BOMB ENGINES,AND GO OVER NUMBERS,LEAVE YOUR GARBAGE ALL OVER THE YARD,WHO GIVES A FUCK, YOU THINK IF YOU GET CAUGHT, MR.CSX IS GONNA SAY "WELL, HE DID AVOID THE NUMBERS, SO ......MAYBE WE CAN LET HIM GO".FUCK THAT STOP BEING PUSSIES.

GRAFFITI IS VANDALISM.

well buddy, you don't paint over the numbers so your work wont get buffed. that's a no-brainer. leaving paint cans in the yard just lets the workers know where you're painting.

oh, but you're just a vandal....quit painting graff and just go blow up newspaper stands and break windows. leave the train yards alone for those that want to do art.

OH YEAH...

oh, but you're just a vandal....quit painting graff and just go blow up newspaper stands and break windows. leave the train yards alone for those that want to do art.

so you want to do art, lol, why don't you pick up a brush and canvas, and leave the fr8s for writers then?

and why would i want to blow up newspaper stands and break windows when i can do fill-ins on both?

you are too funny, get over yourself and your artistic ego, your a joke.

i only paint freights now....only street level bombing ive been doing lately constists of a trailer ontop of an overpass, a nice wall by the highway, and some marker tags. i just enjoy being in a yard and around trains, for whatever reason, whether to paint or to learn about them. but im pretty much an antisocial introvert, so its not like i have anything else to do other than spend all my time in a train yard. as for staying off numbers and all the other little 'rules' of painting freights, i abide by them, its not only outta respect for the workers and the dangers they face in the yard everyday, but its more for preserving the scene for as long as possible. its inevitable that freights will soon be pretty much impossible to hit, but whatever i can do to help prolong the death of the freight scene im going to do...

the not paintig over the #s actully makes alot of sence if you paint trains alot aparently bigger yards and train lines use scaners that scan the #s so what happen was these kids would be always painting in this yard gonig over the #s so they csx cops or whatever figured well the train got scanned at this point and didint scan here so the trains are getting whatever is hapening to them at the yard they staked it out and busted the kids i sont know if this system is used commenly or what but i did read it before somewhere

Yo I treat the trains the same way i do the illeagal walls, I bomb smart, if some one passes me some knowledge on the best way to rock a spot I will make an effort to make due with what ever i feel i should do, and not just do it becuz some fucknut pretends to know the deal, there are a lot of common sense things in that game. And if you dont feel that trains are your cup'o'joe then stay out of the yard. There is no point in burnin' up the spot if you dont even like hitting metal... ya dig. I havent hit a fr8 in a while, cuz i got pinched with some kats that i painted with, see if some ppl would have had a lil common sense that night we would have got away, but the kats i was with forgot to mention the fact that they had been bombin that spot all week! All in all, In the graff game i have known to love, we live for fame, not for vandalism alone. cuz even vandals of a different nature tend to use a signature style in the way they destroy things, which in turn also means they crave the fame as well, but in the struggle for that fame we all eventually evolve in order to maintain the game, and thats why we follow certain guidelines. If you rock things with total disregard to the history of the way things are, then you will burn out sooner than you think. One!:D

their is kids who only do freights, then other kids in other cities think they are kings. they dont even get up in the city that they are "the king of"... fuck that, thats some poser shit. but on the other hand these days to be a well respected writer, or even a king, freights are very importanted.

its a good and easy way to get your name out, but shit its not exactly some real crushing, if you know what i mean.

Originally posted by MrFunnypants

BOMB ENGINES,AND GO OVER NUMBERS,LEAVE YOUR GARBAGE ALL OVER THE YARD,WHO GIVES A FUCK, YOU THINK IF YOU GET CAUGHT, MR.CSX IS GONNA SAY "WELL, HE DID AVOID THE NUMBERS, SO ......MAYBE WE CAN LET HIM GO".FUCK THAT STOP BEING PUSSIES.

GRAFFITI IS VANDALISM.

just keep that attitude wherever you are.

its not wanted in the area i paint...cause if you did this where i am, youd be lucky if the cops or bulls caught you first, cause all theyd do is arrest you.

you may call fr8heads pussies, but at least we can call you a jackass and be right.

Guest Stoney Blaze

The great thing about frieghts is that you can burn'em real nice.

Often, you have more time but you still run the risk.

More writers and benchers across the country will see your shit on freights as opposed to main street bombs and handstyles which get buffed sometimes the very next day.

But nothing campares to the rush of gettin' up in the heat or cold of night, cars passing by on the dime. often times a patrol car. Cat's talkin' shit as they walk by, passing a forty, wondering: what's that smell?

You're right around the corner, on a billboard, a fire escape or roof. The sound of someones radio or a domestic argument covers any noise a spraycan could possibly make in 60 seconds.

That's all the safe time you really have. But maybe you'll make that bomb bigger, add a color or two. Maybe even attempt to burn that wall. Stretch out your safe time, sometimes as long as an hour or more. Bobbing and weaving, duckin' in that shadow. Sometimes leaving and coming back to that muhfuker before dawn.

All the while increasing the risk.

DAMN! I sound like a criminal :eek: !!!!!!!

I love Graf....

how can you just diss a certain part of graffiti???that completely eradicates the principal behind the matter.just because you don't (or probably can't) paint freights,doesn't mean its whack. I challenge every one who says freights are gay or for pussies to post up a burner they've rocked on a boxcar.Many times,the surface is rigid..it takes skill to have a train come off dope...the point is,you should be down for all aspects.if not, you're just limiting yourself and you will fade out with the rest of the puppets.

Guest me IS cool
Originally posted by Wilt

how can you just diss a certain part of graffiti???that completely eradicates the principal behind the matter.just because you don't (or probably can't) paint freights,doesn't mean its whack. I challenge every one who says freights are gay or for pussies to post up a burner they've rocked on a boxcar.Many times,the surface is rigid..it takes skill to have a train come off dope...the point is,you should be down for all aspects.if not, you're just limiting yourself and you will fade out with the rest of the puppets.

fuck yeah well put WILT.....

i dream about freights

i started in graffiti painting creeks and legal walls. the freight scene around was too well established and the yard was policed by big headed legends of sorts. but not before long some of my friends had joined the legends and we were rockin freights. i've been addicted and in love ever since. sure, we hit sketchy layups and smaller yards, but all the good trains go to the big yards. anyways, if trains werent part of graf i wouldnt want to be involved anymore. and as for bombing your city, in some places its not smart anymore. the cities are too small (the police will find you!!) and to have different names is a waste of paint. i personally could care less about the writers in my city since most of them dont rock, just a few. so, i stick to freights and thats how it is, and im happy. for all you "down" people that feel you have to hit everything you see, good for you, you'll be "famous". just dont talk shit about those paint stricktly freights and want our "fame" from people we dont even know.

Freights

I don't really care for most freights. I do like the fact that they bring stuff from other parts of the country that I wouldn't get to see, and the fact that stuff barely ever gets buffed, so it's always a treat when a mid-90's train rolls in from the bay area. However, I prefer walls.

ive always loved freights even before i was a writer...i would be chillen with my friends back in the day when we was all like 12..we would hear a train and we wouldnt even say anything we would all just run are asses off to the tracks to watch it and hop it and shit...them were the days.....now i constantly have to tell them not to go into my layups anymore becasue there all a bunch of druged crazed maniaks that are loud and break stuff....

Archived