Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

who do you think is the most UNDERrated and most OVERrated underground emcee....

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by LadyKrink, Apr 15, 2002.

1. LadyKrink

LadyKrink Guest

who do you think is the most UNDERrated underground emcee and the most OVERrated underground emcee...
    if you could name one (or two) freestyle battle that are your favorite what would they be?

all sold out mtv total request live hip hop is over rated..
    SLUG MR.LIF AKROBATIC MR. BRADY ...
    are just a few who i think are under rated..

MY FAV battle- when Mc JUICE took the Blaze Battle over eminem!!
    i got some dope ass freestyles that are right up there though like eyedea vs tekneek slug vs eyedea
    juice vs supernatural

" just had one brew, about to have two brews the peoples are lookin for me like my name was blues clues..."
    JUICE-late night hype freestyle

2. Fabo 2

Fabo 2 Guest

The most over-rated emcee ever is mr. Tupac Shakur.
    El-P is seriously underated as an emcee.

3. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

The most under... ROOTS MANUVA, Noah23
    The most over... I couldn't tell you.

LadyKrink... you dont write that do you?

4. LadyKrink

LadyKrink Guest

--zesto--
    i dont write what?
    ??

5. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

LadyK or LadyKrink ??

only because I've seen a 'LadyK' a few times before.

6. LadyKrink

LadyKrink Guest

nah dont know that....

7. blink_ATX

blink_ATX Guest

i plead the fifth.

8. graffsurgeon

graffsurgeon Banned

goretex is fucking slept on more then any other cat out there right now.

9. SenorSeven

SenorSeven Elite Member

ill bill is much better tahn goretex..

but underrated- promoe/looptroop - lif - reks
    way to overrated: kweli/mos def -both terribly annoying.

10. Ted Wakowski

Ted Wakowski Guest

Last Emp is pretty underrated, so is Grouch.

KRS is mad overrated, he never updated his formulas.

11. platapie

platapie Guest

fuck hiphop already.

12. mapo wc

mapo wc Elite Member

Yeah that was so fucking dope when Juice took Eminem out at the Blaze Battle*. I mean, Em fucking sold out. Hes a wannabe hip-hopper, on TRL and ish. All the real hip hop shit is from da underground!! I personally dont like any artist who has ever sold more than 4 copies. 4 is the limit, once you sell more than 4, and you can practically buy a can of tuna for your efforts, that shit is wack and sold out. I prefer a true underground MC that has to beg for money just to live. If youre not beggin, it aint worth bootleggin. Thats my fucking philosophy. Cuz Im straight out da mothafuckin undeground wit da true hip hop.

* - ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID? THAT WAS THE 97 RAP OLYMPICS, NOT THE FUCKING BLAZE BATTLE YOU DUMB BITCH.

Whats the deal with all you backpackers? You do realize that Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem would rip the shit outta 99% of underground rappers right?
    Thats right, the same rappers who little NSync fans vote for on TRL, would rip your favorite underground rapper to fucking pieces in a battle.
    It hurts I know, but its the fucking truth.

13. MR BOJANGLES

MR BOJANGLES Guest

hahahahahahah that made me laugh out loud. dude got in yo' asses.
    p.s. canibus can fuck ANYONE up in a battle.

14. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

define underground

15. Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom Guest

Yo mapo WC!! No joke huh??
    "Best Underground Emcee" award hanging around some homeless fools neck while he's sitting in the unemployment line waiting for some food stamps and slanging rocks trying to get by then rhyming about the man holding his people down!! Fuck this underground pride bullshit!! I'm not a huge mainstream fanatic but this underground "cool guy" approach to studying the "nobody's of lyricism" is some real bullshit!!

"Nigga got super duper fly vocabulary but ain't selling no records!! You belidat shit?"