White House Spends 3.4M for Super Ads

mental invalid

...from the ny daily news....?????....i gotta wonder who the hell came up with the idea that heroin addicts are politically concious people...seems like there are other aspects of the drug issue where this money could have been better spent....heh george this bongs for you bro....

White House Spends

3.4M for Super Ads

By KENNETH R. BAZINET

Daily News Washington Bureau

WASHINGTON

The White House will shell out a record $3.4 million for two Super Bowl spots that will say buying illegal drugs could help terrorists like Osama Bin Laden.

The ads are part of a campaign that President Bush launched himself last month, when he told an anti-drug group: "Terrorists use drug profits to fund their cells to commit acts of murder. If you quit drugs, you join the fight against terror in America."

In a record single-event advertising buy for the federal government, the White House drug czar's office is paying $1.7 million each for 30-second spots that will air Sunday on Fox during the Super Bowl, said a network source.

"The buy has been made," the source said of two 30-second spots airing during the game between the New England Patriots and the St. Louis Rams.

The feds will get a discount on the $2 million average cost for a 30-second Super Bowl ad. The Census Bureau set the previous government record during the 2000 Super Bowl with a single spot for less than $1.5 million, reported AdAge.Com, which broke the story.

But the drug czar's office — formally called the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy — has a sweetheart deal with Fox that guarantees it will get to air matching free spots as public-service announcements during future sporting events on the network.

"There is a match on this deal," the Fox source said. "We have NASCAR and we also have Major League Baseball, including major events like the All-Star game and the World Series."

Tom Riley, spokesman for the drug czar's office, declined to comment, saying, "We don't talk about any initiatives until they come out." He did say that in the past, the drug czar has not melded anti-drug and anti-terrorism messages.

New York ad agency Ogilvy & Mather, which handles buys for the drug czar's more than $160 million annual ad budget, did not return calls. Award-winning British director Tony Kaye, who directed the 1998 film "American History X," directed the two Super Bowl spots, AdAge reported.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

...oh and just to show the ineptness of olgivy, since i was ad 101er in college, they were the same company that recently got IBM fined 100,000 for their "graf" stunt on the streets of san fran for linux systems...i mean are you for real? youre gonna spray paint images on the ground and somehows that is supposed to hype linux's capabilities...i mean talk about missing the fucking boat, what target market was that aimed at? 20 something skaters? yeah all the IT guys in high end corporations dig vandalism and wierd symbols on the ground and their sure to spend thousands and thousands for it....hip for the sake of hip does not sell high end computer ware, you dont need to go to school to know that....i woulda yanked the fucking account so fast...

shaking my head so much it hurts.....

rOe

i am a terrorist too

hmm drugs cause terrorism... our president the "ex"crackhead says this? so we have a terrorist for a president now? that must be why he is sending weapons over seas!!! wow i figured it out now!

so lets get this straight:

Drugs equals Profits, profits equal weapons, weapons equal terrorism, terrorism equals hate, hate equals patriotism, patriotism equals government, government equals power, Power equals money, and money equals drugs. hmmmmm

intersesting circle we have here.

Guest BROWNer

oh boy...

this is really indicative of how fuckin' out of reality rich

politicians are when it comes to the real street level drug world...

do people really think heroin junkies are going to be somewhere

inside watching the fuckin' superbowl??

they are gonna be shooting up in some garbage dumpster in

a back alley, not giving a fuck. if you have ever

lived in an area where there are hardcore junkies and dealers

around, man, there is no way in hell this stuff is going to get through to them....

no fucking chance.

i call these types of things, like when he referred to the pakistani's as 'paki's' awhile

back, "classic bush".

i think theyre trying to deter the mid to upper class, guys. no one will persuade the hardcore addicts. mid and upper class are typicaly casual users. i would assume they buy at least half of the dirt out there and are more susseptable to patriotic drivel. its a valiant effort, but i do side with it being pretty futile as well.

no facts, just my little .02

Guest BROWNer

good point, but....i'm thinking

that regardless of class, if

you're doing heroin, you aren't

really concerned with football.

or maybe you are..'lets get some

heroin in for the game guys!'...

i mean, even the percentage

of these so called 'casual' users

that will watch a grand total of 1minute

of airspace is slim don't you think?

no facts, just my own little .02

i can think back to when i was working construction with a bunch of college drop out drug users who LOVE football (sports in general). that is my 'source'. theres a long way to go from casual to strung out. they probably arent doing heroin durring the game, maybe after, maybe the weekend after that, thus 'casual'. i would even go out on a limb and say sports fans are most likely to be patriotic. channeling this patriotism through sports is brilliant. the same audience of patriots would die for this country, cutting back the ol coke habit will seem like a walk in the park. theyre 'just doing their part'

i;ve even convinced myself that these ads are a good idea. damn.

Guest BROWNer

well there you go.

could be that we're talking about

drugs in general here. as far as i'm

concerned, hardcore drug use is a

very slippery slope to addiction that

does not happen slowly, but rather

fast, and before you know it. i don't

know how many people experiment

with the hard shit and never get trapped

up into it................so...i hear

your point though. i haven't

been around hardcore drug taking

jocks before.

Guest Pilau Hands

OH MY GOD...It just occurred to me now...

Imagine if you will...that the New England Patriots win the game! I don't think my brain will be able to handle the further influx of red, white, and blue, into daily life.

Okay, that's it. If they win, hell, I'm gonna buy a hat, and then I'm gonna buy an eightball!

to me it just seems like an attempt to characterize drug users as terrorists, thereby justifying a continuation and escalation of the failing 'war on drugs'. The articles I've read, even in yellow right wing rags, have all said that a vast majority, something like 90%, of the Afghani heroin goes to China and is consumed there. I harldy think a worldwide jihad can be carried on the backs of the hash smokers.

What about the Saudi funding? Doesn't selling oil and then giving the money to terrorists seem like a bigger problem than some guy trying to cop a sniff at some rave or someshit?

and another thing... what's up with all the 'face printing' equipment all of a sudden? Last year they put that stuff in Tampa and the Florida Supreme Court was debating the legality of this technology. In August, they actually said the cameras were an infringement but had yet to officially render a judgement before 9/11... all of a sudden, you gotta get face printed to go to a football game.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by beardo

i think theyre trying to deter the mid to upper class, guys. no one will persuade the hardcore addicts. mid and upper class are typicaly casual users. i would assume they buy at least half of the dirt out there and are more susseptable to patriotic drivel. its a valiant effort, but i do side with it being pretty futile as well.

no facts, just my little .02

wow beards

thats a pretty skewered viosion of what the reality is

i guess ill hafta drag you back to one of those hug-fests, lol

Guest --zeSto--

aarrrggghhhhh !!!

damn it !

It's the CIA that profits from drug sales !

Who do you think brings the UZI's into poor neighbourhoods?

and how about this perverted logic...

the "evil" Taliban BANNED opium growing,

but the new "peace-loving" government encourages it.

Perhaps the US goverment should help the Afgans

create an economy that doesn't depend on opium.

and where does it stop ?

if you want gun control.. you're anti-american, and therefore a terrorist.

you dissaprove of the 2 party system... so you're a commie!

You vandalise government property, so you're definately a terrorist supporter.

DAMN!

Originally posted by Dusty Lipschitz

wow beards

thats a pretty skewered viosion of what the reality is

i guess ill hafta drag you back to one of those hug-fests, lol

you know of my sheltered life, make that .00002 :dazed:

Okay, that's it. If they win, hell, I'm gonna buy a hat, and then I'm gonna buy an eightball!-pilau

HAHAHAHA!!!! make sure you email me dood!!

fact is fact and this is poor, but alas i guess we will have to wait for the superbowl commercial thread on monday to discuss its effectiveness...

until then make sure you needles are clean and the coke is pure....:eek:

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by Cracked Ass

Dusty I'll help with that "intervention" on beardo.

Are these tax dollars that pay for those fucking ads? Jesus H. Christ on a camel. They're spending our money to advertise how fucking dumb they are. I don't have the words to express my disgust with the Bush regime.

hahaha

me, you, beardo

its a date...

(and ever girls dream)

;)

how true about them spending our money too advertise how dumb they are...

you may, or may not, be interested in my

Bush pre 9-11 thread

FREE DRUGS!!!! FREE DRUGS!!!! FREE DRUGS!!!! FREE DRUGS!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

seriously i not really that bad, but come on, free is free for christs sake!!

gimme the straw and call me mohammed!!

Guest willy.wonka

im a terrorist!!!!!

i dont like president bush!

i talk about how currupted our government has become...i write fuck bush all around military installations..i like to smoke weed and not pay taxes..so there,i said it!

come and get me!!!

Archived