White House Admits Speech Error

Dick Quickwood

WASHINGTON (July 8) - The White House acknowledged Monday that President Bush's State of the Union address in January was incorrect in stating that Iraq had recently sought significant quantities of uranium in Africa.

The acknowledgment came as a British parliamentary commission questioned the reliability of British intelligence about Saddam Hussein's efforts to obtain weapons of mass destruction in the run-up to the war in Iraq.

Bush said in his State of the Union address that the British government had learned that Saddam recently sought significant quantities of uranium in Africa.

The president's statement was incorrect because it was based on forged documents from the African nation of Niger, White House spokesman Ari Fleischer acknowledged.

A British parliamentary committee concluded that Prime Minister Tony Blair's government mishandled intelligence material on Iraqi weapons.

John Stanley, a Conservative member of the committee, said so far no evidence has been found in Iraq to substantiate four key claims, including that Iraq was seeking uranium in Africa as part of an effort to restart a nuclear weapons program.

The International Atomic Energy Agency told the United Nations in March that the information about uranium was based on forged documents.

can you say "downplay" ?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you know......that will just make him worse.....censoring the chiled makes them rebel later in life.....when he finaly lerns what you kept from him....it realy hits them....and in a bad way.

ARCEL you suck at parenting! go and sit in the corner! 5 min! and no snookums the bear cannot come!!!

Guest The Boss
Originally posted by mr_president

doesnt sound to me like bush fucked up, it sounds like his informants did....

you do realize we are talking about the president not NYPD Blue right?

doesnt sound to me like bush fucked up, it sounds like his informants did....

dood you really are an idiot....since when does a president not have to stand behind and take the heat for the admin that he puts in place.....

think........unless you wanna just say that he is dicks fcking sock puppet just doing whatever the fuck he wants him too...

more fun quotes

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

George W. Bush, Jr.

"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between mother and child."

Gov GWB

"Mars is essentially in the same orbit... Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe."

Gov GW Bush, Jr., 8/11/94

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."

GW Bush, 9/15/95

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy, but that could change."

GWB 5/22/98

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'."

Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 12/6/93

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."

Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 11/30/96

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods."

Austin, Texas, Dec. 20, 2000

"I think we ought to raise the age at which juveniles can have a gun."

"Mr. Vice President, in all due respect, it isÑI'm not sure 80 percent of the people get the death tax. I know this: 100 percent will get it if I'm the president."

"If affirmative action means what I just described, what I'm for, then I'm for it."

St. Louis, Mo., October 18, 2000

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."

Governor George W. Bush, Jr.

"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."

Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/21/97

"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history."

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."

GW Bush, Jr. to Sam Donaldson

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican"

George W. Bush,

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."

Gov G W. Bush

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."

Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/22/97

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."

Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/5/93

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."

Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/18/95

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

Gov George W. Bush, Jr.

"[it's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."

George W. Bush

god help us

Re: more fun quotes

Originally posted by !@#$%

George W. Bush, Jr.

Gov GWB

"Mars is essentially in the same orbit... Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe."

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."

GW Bush, 9/15/95

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy, but that could change."

GWB 5/22/98

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'."

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods."

"Mr. Vice President, in all due respect, it isÑI'm not sure 80 percent of the people get the death tax. I know this: 100 percent will get it if I'm the president."

"If affirmative action means what I just described, what I'm for, then I'm for it."

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."

"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history."

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

George W. Bush,

Gov G W. Bush

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

Gov George W. Bush, Jr.

George W. Bush

god help us

these are great.

George W. Bush, Jr.

Gov GWB

GW Bush, 9/15/95

GWB 5/22/98

George W. Bush,

Gov G W. Bush

Gov George W. Bush, Jr.

George W. Bush

god help us

:lol: :) :lol:

imagine what would be going on if a democratic president spoke like that? the republicans would eat him alive.

id be more embaressed to call myself a democrat, than a republican. republicans might be wrong, but atleast they fight for, and get, what they want. democrats just sit their playing with their nipples, being chicken shit bitches. fucking pussies.

[b

GW Bush, 9/15/95

[/b]

Thats hilarious.

Archived