White Hip Hop

Guest Fabo 2

Guest Fabo 2

I got in an argument the other day with a guy who said all white hip hop was crap because the people who made it were white suburbanites, and not black gangstaaz. Three points:

1. There are a lot of poor white people.

2. Commercial hip hop is stale and predictable in both it's image and it's music. The same tired samples are used over and over again. There are a lot of very shit emcees who rely entirely on where they grew up for credability, and to be honest I really don't give a flying fuck where El-P grew up, or the fact that he's white, but I know he makes some of the best hip hop I've ever heard.

3. It's music, man! It not about image.

AAAAArghhh.....now I'm angry.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hip hop isnt white, hip hop isnt black,

its multi cultural, just cus black people started it, doesnt mean it has to carry on that way...

alot of the people who are making these 'black emcees' rich are the people they call the 'white suburbanites' so why complain?....

im starting to wonder. every black person on this board dosent seem to like white people. does any one like white people?

music is so dope. hip hop is very diverse. trouble is that means theres alot of idiots who listen to hip hop.

Guest SE4_2002

Remember "Rapture" by blondie, with all Fab five freddy and lee that was like 1978...Honkymotherfuckingpower, hehe..I personally love being white..

I'm white. I like hip hop, a lot.

But I do hate when I go to a hip hop show (with black perfomers) and it's an all white crowd. I know that maybe makes me a hyprocrite and/or stereotypical...but I do think that there is a certain more authenticity (sp?) when there is a mixed or mostly black crowd.

White people can rap just as well and anybody else...I just hate it when white people try gangsta rap. That just looks silly, no matter how hard they are.

I don't even know what I'm trying to say

Guest SE4_2002

yeah and fuck "wigger`s" too..You are who you are deal with it...Fuck all the haters anyhow, be white or black it just don`t matter.

Guest GEAsusONEnep

This is a stupid fucking thread. Not because its a stupid topic, but because all of you kids made moronic comments that you should consider deleting/editing.

I don't want to hear some kid from the suburbs rap. Thats just not hip hop. Sorry.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

there is just as much crappy and fake "black" hip hop out there as there is crappy and fake "white" hip hop.

so true.

Guest Fabo 2

Geasus one, you shouldn't be so stubborn about what you consider hip hop. I'm not from the suburbs but I wouldn't slate anyone who was just because they grew up in the burbs.

Wise, I know what you mean when you go to a gig the ENTIRE crowd is white....It's hard to explain why that is.

Guest whydontyudie
Originally posted by Fabo 2

I got in an argument the other day with a guy who said all white hip hop was crap because the people who made it were white suburbanites, and not black gangstaaz. Three points:

1. There are a lot of poor white people.

2. Commercial hip hop is stale and predictable in both it's image and it's music. The same tired samples are used over and over again. There are a lot of very shit emcees who rely entirely on where they grew up for credability, and to be honest I really don't give a flying fuck where El-P grew up, or the fact that he's white, but I know he makes some of the best hip hop I've ever heard.

AAAAArghhh.....now I'm angry.

you my friend are fucking stupider than a bag of hammers or a box of rocks no hip hop is white or black hip hop, its FUCKING HIP HOP. GEt off the color division cultured bullshit yo just cause it involves words over a beat no singing doesnt mean its "black" got it ?????

ignorant fucking kids. get outta the subburbs

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by Fabo 2

umm... you believe that? I wish that was the case.

If it's plaid on the radio, or released on a cd... there's image involved somewhere.

As long as it's real hiphop and not just some shit that fills a space and corp exec pockets it's cool with me. The medium is the message. Too much commercial crap for me. Kids all growing up confused and shit. I dig like PE and fucking NWA and shit. Now that was hip hop. Same thing with colleges. Kids used to go and wake up to the world and be all like "wow man!" tune in, turn on, and drop out. Now something happened to the curriculum... it's all watered down or something. kids just go like zombies on clockwork to fill up slots in the corporate machine. that goes for art school dork fags too. i used to be one so i know. just look at this!

www.b3ta.com/spidermanwillmakeyougay/

now college is just a club for future elitists and mommas boys. i'm serious. cats got some holier than thou clique going on. see how fukkin nice they are when i catch in a an alley at night.

Poserism.... it grows worse everyday.

i thought some fools were down but what the hell.

Guest socrates

Necro does suck like there is no towmorrow, but it's not like cash money petey pablo aren't saying the same shit but with a different skin color. There are a number of good caucasian mc's out there el-p and mad child are two that stick out to me. If you look at Hip Hop dj's I'd say the majority of the ones who are making an impact today are caucasian or asian. Maybe it's just me but these are views and I think I'll stick by them.

white people can definately rap. just look at bubba sparxxx. homeboy kills shit. but he's from the ghetto and if you're not from the ghetto then you suck and there's no way you can rap.

Archived