Which one

Overtime

472390_10_full.jpg

its between one with this body style

scirocco.jpg

or this, just want some opinions...

industrial1024.jpg

the pictures are kinda misleading because im not gonna buy cars that look that nice, just those body styles, im goin to sell the el camino and the rx7 and get one of those three kinds of cars, so i just thought i would ask for some feedback...

i got the amps covered though...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

here is the problem neither car are reliable, and have so very much been tormented over the thought of sellin the el camino (its basically like my child at this point) but i need something that is reliable, and i can get another el camino later, this one was just a lemon,,,

and the rx7 was a 50 dollar car, and thats just profit no matter what i sell it at..

1033969f.jpg

do me a favor and get a mk3.

a mk2, a rocco and especially the corrado are the most unreliable vws out there..

next to your rx7.

but the car that will give you the least head ache out of your choices is the jetta.

please swap out the 16v or 8v digifart or cis....and swap in something from the obdII generations...

vr6 please.

g60 is also the biggest piece of crap out there.

rados are only good if you get lucky and have a wel kept car.

and they go for a high price, since they are rare and a cult car.

my honest opinion is that you should spend whatever money you have on your rx-7 and keep it.

but i voted for the jetta (i hope this wasnt supposed to be an anonomous(sp??) voting system.. if it is, Im black and from Florida, with a criminal record so my vote doesnt count)

well, if I had to choose.....I would go with the Corrado.....Jettas' are a dime a dozen and Sciraccos' are nothing but fucking headaches--it doesn't what you do to a Volkswagon to soup up the motor----once the wiring starts to freak out-you're fucked.

Now, as far as getting rid of that El Camino---I would say "NO".--that particular body style had a version called the "Conquista" which was really just a different color scheme with some of the side body molding altered.---it would worth looking into....also....your Elco probably has a V6 or the small 305 V8 in it....and getting parts or re-building it would cost peanuts compared to buying and up-grading a newer V-dub......that's my input for you.

Originally posted by 455@Nov 1 2004, 03:25 PM

well, if I had to choose.....I would go with the Corrado.....Jettas' are a dime a dozen and Sciraccos' are nothing but fucking headaches--it doesn't what you do to a Volkswagon to soup up the motor----once the wiring starts to freak out-you're fucked.

Now, as far as getting rid of that El Camino---I would say "NO".--that particular body style had a version called the "Conquista" which was really just a different color scheme with some of the side body molding altered.---it would worth looking into....also....your Elco probably has a V6 or the small 305 V8 in it....and getting parts or re-building it would cost peanuts compared to buying and up-grading a newer V-dub......that's my input for you.

here is the problem, the el camino has

new engine

new carb

new starter

new alternator

new water pump

new fuel pump

new battery

yet it breaks down motor wise and dosent run smooth, so its way more heachache than it is worth....and i know plenty about my its body style and all, im an el camino fanatic, but im just tired of this one in particular..

Older VW's are just as unreliable as your two cars. Not all, but the majority of them are. It's rare to meet someone who didn't have a ton of trouble with their early 80's / early 90's model VW. (Your Dad fits in this category)

So I think what I'm saying is all you're doing is trading one headache for another... quite possibly. Is that a risk you're willing to take? If so, go with the Jetta. If not... Honda.

I'm not a Honda fanatic. I actually own a 2002 Jetta and it drives like a dream. Though I know when it comes to buying used cars you just can't beat the reliability of a Honda. Especially a certified Honda.

My two cents.

I tip my hat to your choices, when done proper these beasts ozze style and will be a reliable car. but...unless you're mechanicly inclined and willing to start a project, the Corrado isn't the best choice. It's a sexy ride but you'll go though some shit sorting out the neglect from prior owners. Corrado's are very tempermental. actually, the Jet and rocco are right up there as well. Good luck with your search.

Originally posted by TRAMP@Nov 2 2004, 08:30 PM

I tip my hat to your choices, when done proper these beasts ozze style and will be a reliable car. but...unless you're mechanicly inclined and willing to start a project, the Corrado isn't the best choice. It's a sexy ride but you'll go though some shit sorting out the neglect from prior owners. Corrado's are very tempermental. actually, the Jet and rocco are right up there as well. Good luck with your search.

i am pretty sure its gonna be the jetta, cuz i like them and are less common than a honda, and its the car i grew up with. but yes, i think you are right with the reliable bit,