Which one would you choose?

Telo

So here is my dilema.. I currently deliver pizza in the ghetto and most definetly want to stop as soon as possible.. The warm weather is coming, the natives are gong to be out in full force and im white. Death could be on any night around any corner. The money is good but i have another opportunity.

I am going to go and talk to a family friend about working the counter and helping out around a large lumber yard he owns. the hours will be during the day so that means i will have my nights free. The money will probably be a little less but most definetly enough to pay bills and hold my ass down through school....

what would you do???

The talk is going to be on Friday so i will update you guys then..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

for me, it's a no-brainer.

http://money.cnn.com/2003/10/13/pf/dangero...dex.htm?cnn=yes

"One top-10 surprise was the fifth place finisher -- driver-sales workers, which, according to a BLS spokesperson, includes pizza delivers, vending machine fillers, and the like. Again, these workers are often self employed. Traffic accidents contributed heavily to their high fatality rate of 38 per 100,000, but they also suffered from crime; nearly a quarter of their deaths came from robberies and assaults. "

http://www.pizzadeliverydrivers.org/crimerecent.shtml

Fear, scars remain

Pizza deliveryman recounts night of his shooting.

* Police foil plan to ambush pizza guy

Miami detective delivers to suspicious address, 9 police officers swooped in when 5 youths attempt robbery.

* Pizza delivery driver describes shooting

Robbed and shot while delivering food in Dayton.

* Alert pizza driver spoils robbery, cops make arrest

Greenville driver smelled a set-up and alerted police who used an undercover cop to make the pizza delivery.

* Reward offered for pizza delivery man's killer

Wife of slain driver offers $5,000.

* Robbery suspect upset at getting only $12

Upon returning home, expressed disappointment for low amount from robbing pizza driver.

* Driver killed in Macon, GA

Ended up delivering to an armed robbery in progress.

* Murderer of pizza driver Michael Choy denied parole

Youngest ever convicted killer in New Zealand was 12 at time of baseball bat killing.

* Philadelphia pizza driver murdered

Romanian immigrant fatally shot in back of head while making a delivery.

* Teenager to be tried as adult

One of the Tallahassee teens involved in robbery, kidnapping, and repeated assault.

* Pizza delivery woman raped, kidnapped, and robbed

Gang of teenagers charged in ruthless delivery setup in Tallahassee.

* Carjacked pizza delivery woman speaks about ordeal

Jacksonville driver tells about armed carjacking and kidnapping.

* Police stop attempted robbery

Store notified police of suspicous order, undercover officer escourted the driver and made arrest.

* Three pizza drivers attacked in the same week

Drivers from three stores in Carbondale, IL were robbed, forcing one to discontinue cartoppers.

* Armed robber arrested

Teen arrested in connection to two pizza delivery armed robberies.

* Suspect in driver murder will be tried as adult

Judge denies youthful offender status to participant in Barry Schrader murder.

* Man who murdered Precious Canter gets 58 years

Avoids death penalty for murder/rape of pizza driver.

* Pizza delivery driver assaulted, robbed of pies

Dimly lit apartment building provides cover for crooks in Warner Robins, GA.

* $17M settlement for pizza driver murder

Lawsuits against killers and others for New Jersey double murder.

* Robbed at gunpoint

A pizza driver shares his frightening story with APDD.

* It happened again

Yet another driver was killed in the line of duty, this time in Memphis, TN.

by the way, lumbermen have a really fucking dangerous job too.

it's just far less likely that they'd be victim to violent crime.

well...............if you really have no reason other than being afraid of getting smacked around ding the pizza thing then buy a gun and keep your job but if you truly dont like it and are ready for a change than take the jobs thats my twin lincolns

there has been 4 robberies at our store within the last 6 months and with the last year, three pizza dudes have been capped in the city..

*EDIT* but the thing is, i really dont mind working there. The first few weeks i was shitting my pants on the regular about delivering to places but now its just like

Them: "yo whiteboy, gimme that pizza"

Me: Stop, Turnaround, Spurt out an insulting comment, grab one of my numerous switchblades and 14 inch long machete type knives, approach the verbal attackers and watch as they see on first hand, the very first time in there lives, a whiteboy that doesnt seem to take nicely to gangsters and hasnt thought out said situation very long. Plus, the whole catching handstyles thing..thats a plus.

anyways... its like clockwork now, i pull stealth mode when it gets to be late.. i know numerous drugdealers on many of the streets that look out for me. Its cool but i cant stand getting to work on friday or saturday and driving downtown to see everyone all dazzled up and ready for there night while i am just starting work. I mean, i have some good hours after work with the nightowls (no reference intended) but you guys understand what im saying.

Originally posted by !@#$%

yeah, at least this way you'll either die in a shootout or be killed with your own gun!

OK.. well im going to go with the lumber yard...

My deciding factor has always been the dream of quitting in a spectacular, angry, pissed off, namecalling kind of way... Naming off all the flaws in my fellow employees that i could not of said on any other normal night..

I will equip you guys with pictures if i can catch some.. its going to be good times... shit, my camera even has a video clip feature.. now im thinking..

Dude, fuck delivering pizza. Yeah, you could be robbed at any time but whats even worse is that your car, your clothes....hell, even your teeth will smell like pizza.

"Nigga, you smell like french fries!"

Originally posted by Telo

OK.. well im going to go with the lumber yard...

My deciding factor has always been the dream of quitting in a spectacular, angry, pissed off, namecalling kind of way... Naming off all the flaws in my fellow employees that i could not of said on any other normal night..

I will equip you guys with pictures if i can catch some.. its going to be good times... shit, my camera even has a video clip feature.. now im thinking..

you should steel some lumber crayons those are great

Originally posted by Telo

there has been 4 robberies at our store within the last 6 months and with the last year, three pizza dudes have been capped in the city..

maybe yall mother fuckers should quit fucking up niggas orders and start accepting food stamps! pizza = food ya know.

:lol:

Originally posted by CILONE/SK

Since I build alot of things out of wood, I am always at some sort of lumber yard. If you work there and are cool with the customers, you will get alot of hook ups when they need somebody and you can find a better job.

yeha man.. i build alot of shit too... I just built a shed, few outdoor tables.. my next project is a door over hang for when its raining.. hopefully ill get a discount on that.

Originally posted by E MARTYR

maybe yall mother fuckers should quit fucking up niggas orders and start accepting food stamps! pizza = food ya know.

:lol:

if you only knew... Sit in the suburbs wigger..

Originally posted by CILONE/SK

I build alot of fine furniture, this hobby is alot easier on my body, then getting drunk and passing out.

got any pictures of stuff you've made. i am also into designing and building furniture... though i have been slacking latley.

I delivered pizza in the ghetto for 2 summers. I never got robbed or beat up, but other people I worked with did. I also saw enough fucked up shit to last me one lifetime.

I eventually quit my delivery job because I got a higher paying job. It sucked for awhile not having cash on me at all times, but didn't miss the bullshit.

take the other job.

I would take the job in the lumber yard over delivering pizza's in a heartbeat. That way your not putting all those miles on your car, your not stressing about getting to a specific house on time and all that othre shit. Plus you will have your weekends to yourself instead of running around the ghetto with a car full of pizza.

Archived