Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Where's the inspiration?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by tow up from tha flow up !, Aug 18, 2001.

1. tow up from tha flow up !

tow up from tha flow up ! Member

What are three things that have been inspiring to you lately as far as art goes? art being graffiti, canvas, blackbook, music, web design, interior decorating, anything, everything.

For me it's been:

a.) listening to Bright Eyes. This CD makes me feel so god damn depressed that I actually feel like I have a reason to create something that means something rather than just nonsense to occupy time.

b.) The new issue of Juxtapoz. A lot of different artists to flip through. Seeing a group of someone's work and noticing the little things that make it unique and personal has made me really want to work at my own style. Doing things a certain way everytime that makes my art a signature style.

c.) Getting ready to move into and decorate a really nice house. It has a full, unfinished basement that is just asking to be covered with paint. I've had so many idea's of things I want to put down there it's unreal. Also, it's full of nothing but off white walls, I keep imagining the different canvases I could do or artists I could buy to hang up.

------------------
    PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

2. JSUN

JSUN Guest

hmm..

in no series of order, yet listed in numbers.

1) movies.. i watch tons of movies and get inspiration from that.

2) ex-girlfriends. just trying to be better than their new bf's.. fuck all that love shit.

3)working in a grocery store..

honorable mentions: europe, music [old school orbital], books.

3. brown twinkie

brown twinkie Veteran Member

-where i live and my place here as a live thinking animal(in nature);being outside/the weather
    -melancholy music
    -thinking in general

4. 1)Books,not art things(exhibition catalogues etc)

2)scale modeling magazines

3)messin around with materials for no reason

The good part is that everything fades away when inspired.

5. I done said it once, and I sez it again....DA BITCHES!

6. seven.13

seven.13 Dirty Dozen Crew

7. Dolemite

Dolemite Junior Member

Bright eyes rock, There is this movie called, The Pillow Book, fucking great movie if anyone has seen it you know what i mean, its about a woman body calligrapher, oh it is fucking amazing. It inspired me graffiti wise and photographic wise. "smiles" great responce, haha

8. jungle cat

jungle cat Elite Member

bright eyes is great. my favorite song by him is 'the calander hung itself' .. which i have yet to find in any strores or on any records.
    i just get an idea.. and i start to draw. or i just start to draw and .. in the middle of it i get an idea. thats the way it goes for me.
    painting is different though. i usually need to either have a song playing.. or be able to repeat a song in my head that i know really well.yeah.