Where's the Howard Stern outrage page here?

Smart

OK, I NEVER liked Howard Stern and I NEVER liked Bubba the Love Sponge but... the FCC is out of control...

On the filp side, I WANT my kid to have a radio, from age 0, old enough to turn the dial. I don't wan't to have to limit when or how my kid uses that radio... Radio waves are natural and free so, I agree that "smut" and/or adult themes/language should be kept off the airwaves...

I see it like cable versus brodcast TV... if you want to see tits, then, all day on cable but NEVER on broadcast.... I actually do want uncensored radio, just not Stern or Bubba, but I'm willing to pay like paying for cable.

I fucking HATE the FCC, I wan't them to exist without power oe funding for 50 years just so they can feel how worthless they are...

Fuck fines, pay-per-view and pubilc broadcast should just get/stay seperate.

I'm not scared of 'cable radio'

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You're kinda harsh on the FCC. Let's be honest we need them. Otherwise everybody would take the media into their own hands and broadcast whatever the fuck they'd want. Same with people who hate cops. Yeah they can be pricks but they keep the neighborhood safe for the kids and everyone else, and they keep the hoodlums from turning your neighborhood into fucking Beirut.

I'm not one of those "sensitive" PC people. Personally I could listen to anything. If the topic for the show wants to be about putting one's testicles in a blender and serving it as soup to homeless people, while anally raping pregnant women, I'd probably get a laugh out of it. But others won't take it as light heartedly, and neither will the young children. That's all I'm concerned about.

ehhh, im not a big fan of radio reguardless, but ummm i dont see the point in censoring stern... i mean, sure some of his content shouldn't make the "airwaves" but then again, all you have to do is change the station...

you know, ever conflicted, I also think about Dr. Drew and Dingus and I'm sure a bunch of other adult related 'help' shows...

I guess those help people and I don't think you should pay for some 'common knowledge for getting warts off your wee-wee'... I heard it was all about Duct Tap on the morning news today, but I'm just sayin...

anyway, that show comes on late night, when kids sleep mostly so... maybe it should just be about scheduling...

Also, most people I know who dig those shows actually don't listen when they have their kids in the car but...

???

naw, really, the FCC is a monster juggernaut... it's only REAL function was to insure that there weren't overlapping radio stations on the same dial number within certain regions... they have expanded themselves into deciding what we need to see and hear (and they are FULLY scary) but with the deregulation of cable they've lost much power... hence the flexation on the radio side, but like I said, it kinda needs to be done...

AH, BUT... it's not just the FCC who are corrupt!

I should point out that things have changed in the last quarter century for mainstream radio... Back then there was a scandal called "Payola" (nope, Tease didn't invent that either)... basically a pay for play thing where the people who were being stepped on successfully sued to stop payola... basically because the radio was controlled by money, not popular opinion...

Recently, thanks to a ruling involving the Hotel business, I think regarding reservation refunds (so they can charge you $75 for cancelling a $50 room reservation)... Now, the radio stations are charging 'handling fees' to put people on the radio... their arguments are basically, "we have to educate our DJs about the artist, we have to make space in our current programming line-up, etc..."

Payola is now alive and legal, you aren't hearing what is real on most stations anyway... but the FCC won't regulate that.

the censors need to ease up on tv and radio. i think they should be able to show boobs on network tv. who cares. put them on after 10pm or something. i did an exchange student program in china and i saw tits on tv in beijing at 11am. so if we're the land of the free or whatever, why is it that i could watch tits on chinese tv in the middle of the day but it won't go over here? and as far as howard stern goes, people can just change the channel. if you don't want young kids hearing it, it's their parent's fucking job to make sure they don't hear it. the problem is that a lot of people don't want to take responsibilty for their own actions, so they want some outside organization to do it for them. what happened to separation of church and state? it seems to me that ignorant right wing fuckheads who claim to be christians but are actually bastardizing christianity are ruining our country really fast. it's not their job to determine what we can and can't hear or see. we're supposed to choose. and people who feel that there needs to be an orginazation to choose for them are either stupid, or too lazy to think for themselves.

Howard Stern is a jackass and his show sucked shit through a dirty sock. That said, he's no worse than any of the other so-called "shock jocks," who are so unoriginal and untalented that they must drag their listeners into the sewer every show just to make a living. Who needs that? The FCC is just another Federal bureaucracy gone power-hungry nuts, like the ATF, the FBI, ESPECIALLY the IRS, and all the rest of them. We don't need the FCC to regulate people like Howard Stern. Their job is to keep radio broadcast stations from infringing on each other's licensed frequency, and broadcasting at their allowable power. Like every government entity though, you give them a shred of authority to regulate something, and they can't resist the temptation to try to J. Edgar Hoover their little fiefdom into a major power base.

Who regulates the FCC? Who guards the guardians?

More tin-pot Hitlers with a badge and the power to indict people--more little power-hungry moles.

The way to regulate Howard Stern is to refuse to watch his disgusting show, but of course, there's always plenty of people who just love the most disgusting "entertainment" they can find, so I guess people like Stern will always have an audience. Kicking him off the air just makes the wack jobs want to watch his crap more. The whole thing is an enormous waste of time, effort and taxpayer's dollars.

Originally posted by mr.yuck

I think radio should be uncensored. Here's the most novel idea ever: If you dont like it, turn it off.

that's exactly my point... I want my kid to be able to turn on the radio and dial in whatever to his hearts content, I shouldn't have to patrol radio or network tv... They show tits on cable, they can talk about whatever they want on XM Radio or any sat network... even the internet has filters and stuff...

It's a radio, you can build one out of some wire and a pencil lead... I think anything broadcast over the pubilc airwaves should meet and exceed public standards of decency...

If you want smut, have half an ass and pay for it.

I'm also not anti-tit... I think tits are fine, hell, on children's shows, where ever, tits are natural and beautiful... vivid descriptions of sex acts, bowel movements or animal torture are no 'tits'.

Guest Catch22

Howard Stern is just a small part of what the FCC & Bush administration is trying to change. This is not about Howard stern being "Indecent" it's about Bush being on his Religious Crusade.

-Colin Powell's son is the head of the FCC

-Bush made millions from Clear Channel (the company that took Howard off the air).

-As soon as Howard Stern stopped supporting the Bush Administration they took him off the air

-Clear Channel hired Michael Savage after he was fired from MSNBC after telling a caller that "Gays are sodomites that deserve to die of aids"

-How is it that this "Indecency Bill" goes to the top of the pile to get voted on when it takes months & months to get a bill on gun control or some other issue that affects us.

-Right after the Janet Jackson tit thing there was a Senate Committee meeting where a bunch of Hypocritical politicians let loose on the president of CBS. How come they can get a Senate hearing instantly when Janet Jackson shows her boob BUT when Dick Cheney is seen playing golf with a Supreme Court Justice who is supposed to rule on a pending case against him the Gov't turns a blind eye.

-After the House of Representatives passed the "Indecency Bill," Bush told a religious group in a speech that,"We are doing God's work" & "We are starting a culture"

How is what the Gov't thinks that I can or cannot handle (Janet showing her boob, Howard talking about strippers) more important then our economy, Education, the War, Health care!!!??

I guess it doesn't matter 'cause our president is doin' God's Work & if the bible tells me that a boob is bad then it must be bad and I guess I shouldn't worry about my health because God will take care of it. And my son who may be able to lead a normal life due to stem cell research......Nah, God says stem cell research is bad so I'll just let my son live in misery!

Oh yeah, try seeing what your kid is doing (see what he's watching on t.v. See what he's listening to on the radio, and check what he's doing on the internet) It's called Parenting.

I am completely desensitized to anything that doesn't directly affect me. I despise howard stern. I hate him so much that I refuse to uppercase his name. I understand that if we let them do this it will in turn, at some point in the future, turn around and nip me in the ass.. but i'll worry about that then.

Yeah it'll be too late. . but it's already too late anyway.

Bush is going to be president for 4 more years. During these next four years he will find a way to pass that bill that he mentioned earlier about a president having an unlimited amount of terms s/he can serve. The whole gay rights thing is going to blow over ending in homosexuals being able to marry, but the only reason this will happen is because the Bush Administration will realize by them letting us have our gay marriage we will think we actually have some kind of control still.

I'm rambling. I'm tired.

Archived