where is rap going

Motha Fuka

so whats up im not a hip hop head or anything but i do enjoy good music no matter what it is and like older rap was actually good in a sence that it was rap and now when i turn to my local rap station guess what comes on "its gettin hot in here so take off all ur clothes" what the fuck is that thats not even rap just gay shit and who is this nelly fag and why is he so popular what happend to fukin good rappers the last good rap cd that i even wasted my money on was dre's chronic 2000 id much rather listen to del the funky homosapian run dmc or fukin ll cool j rather than its getting hot in here or any of the new shit with some exceptions ofcourse

so what are ur thoughts in the derection rap is goin now

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its not about creativity its about flow

and 1 if u like nelly ur a fukin idiot hes a fukin idiot fag and his raps are gay as shit i will admit he has good flow but what the fuk is he rappin about

2 ludacris has good flow too but again who the fuck wants to hear nate dogg moaning area codes

3 and what the fuck are u talkin about i dont know shit about rap u douche im not the one listening to nelly

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Guest TECONE SW

rap is gettin pathetic... nelly is fuckin garbage... and so is ludacriss... <~~~ trash... I'm still bumpin the old shit... and some new underground... other than that... fuck your bitches, cars, and money... I don't give a shit about that...

man...all rap these days FUCKIN SUCKS...its all this faggy shit by nelly, ja rule, stupid new jack mother fuckers singing about stupid relationships and other stupid shit i dont even want to hear!! rap was good back in the day with tupac and the dpg...i was feeling all that gangsta rap cus it didnt have these fags wearing bandaids on their face trying to fuckin sing...these new jacks dont even rap really!! a retard can push the same lyrics, the amount of words coming from their mouth is like 4 words every 20 seconds, all this slow singing rhyming teeny bopping shit! the rhymes suck too, i can listen to the entire nelly album and not hear one ryhme where im actually like "damn that took some thinking" fucking pussy music is what it is....im down with cats like shyheim that flow nice and dont rap about ho much their girlfriend is special to them, the only recent rap ive liked is some of Nas's shit...but nelly? fuck no. ja rule? fuck no jay-z? fuck no fuck em all

Guest catwash
Originally posted by cmeup

2 you dont know shit about rap music.

Originally posted by cmeup

3- i think nelly is dope...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

It's all about Braintax + Taskforce, recognissssse.

Guest ALLAH NIGGA

what the hell are yall talkin about?!! NELLy is fucking WACKKKKKK! Ive met 12 year old lesbian bitches that can do what he does. completely WACCCCCCCK

Originally posted by yoink

i think alot of music is goin down the drain .....not ony rap..unless you look inthe right places....shit "rap" nelly? ha...more like nysyncs love slave!

:lol: :lol: FUCK nelly. :mad: :mad:

"first off, if you think dre's chronic 2000 was good, your an idiot.

that shit was wack as fuck.

2 you dont know shit about rap music.

3- i think nelly is dope..."

did you just say chronic 2000 sucked and nelly's dope in the same breath?

:o

Guest ALLAH NIGGA

^^^ Yeah thats what im sayin. Dont get me wrong dre is wack as a one legged duck but he would still slap the shit out of nelly. Dont try schoolin people when you aint got no education playah!

Guest --zeSto--

let zesto speak some TRUTH ...

Rap (and hiphop) has had it too easy for too long.

It used to be that all 'rap' was underground and therefore -> Not Pop.

Well times have changed and Pop has swallowed 'rap'.

So now... Just because it's 'rap', doesn't put it in a safe category.

You never used to find 'rap' in the coloumbia house flyers or on top40 radio.

So get used to it.. pop has consumed 'rap'.

so what's left ??

The only way for 'urban (black) music' to stay free of the pop monster,

is to embrace the differences. Play up what isn't marketable.

Essentially... make music that the masses might not like at the risk of not goning gold.

and the best part...

It's out there !!!

I doubt that when mosdef released his first ep that he expected the success.

He made the album because only he could make that album.

When the roots play live... it's because only they can 'do what they do'.

Roots Maneuva doesn't sound like anyone else on the radio.

And he lives 3000 milles away from Puffy's Poolhouse.

ramble.... so there's hope out there, but you wont find it on top40 radio.

Guest GEAsusONEnep

To all those kids saying that all mainstream rap out right now is corny; you're corny. The new nelly jawn isn't THAT bad. At least the production was good, thanks to the neptunes.

Listening to just underground doesn't make you real. It makes you a dickriding nerd and a fucking idiot. A lot of your underground is underground for a reason; it sucks. Try listening to mainstream before you get into anything else. And I really don't know why you're all hating on Jay Z. Is it because he has his own clothing line, record label, and hes probably one of the biggest hustlers in hip hop right now? I smell jealousy.

Guest --zeSto--

what I'm talking about really (and I should have said this before...)

it's all about the MESSAGE !!!!

What you hear on top40 pop radio doesn't have a message.

It's either all about Love, Parties and Boasting.

I know that artists like Jay-Z have deeper meaning to some of thei tracks,

they talk about real issues, but those songs rarely get air play.

The average listener wants to hear hooks and familiar sounds.

NOT new styles and innovative music.

Originally posted by --zeSto--

what I'm talking about really (and I should have said this before...)

it's all about the MESSAGE !!!!

What you hear on top40 pop radio doesn't have a message.

It's either all about Love, Parties and Boasting.

I know that artists like Jay-Z have deeper meaning to some of thei tracks,

they talk about real issues, but those songs rarely get air play.

The average listener wants to hear hooks and familiar sounds.

NOT new styles and innovative music.

tell on zesto tell on!!!!:) ;)

zesto.. hiphop was pretty damn pop back in the 80s... breakin 2, beatstreet, graffiti trading cars, all that ish. cool people jsu tmoved on to a new trend and it just kinda died down in the maintstream..... but what it all comes down to is... non of this crap matters anymore. you dont need to depend on the radio.

what you hear on the radio is because all the big labels pay to get those same 5 songs played every hour. the goal is to sell a billion records, they [record execs] don't care about the culture. ok, i'm done wasting my time.

Archived