Where does your family name originate from..?

Guest SE4_2002

Guest SE4_2002

Thought this would be quite intresting for those who know there roots, and where they came from..Obvioulsy this is kinda pointed at our brothers across the pond and that means both Canadians and Americans..safe..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my original family name is from Germany.........Christianson.......they came here(The States)...in the early 1920's......since then,it was changed to a last name which I can't stand.....I'm going to change it back when the last of my grandparents' goes to the other side.

Originally posted by IDrinkSprite

if you all knew my last name i would be the laughing stock of 12oz.

Word!.. i guess my last name is irish. i wont type it though because its a rare last name. i'll look into it.

my ancestors are irish, but my dad gave me my own sir name. he made up all my names. my family name is about as irish as it gets (seriously), but my name is way off the mark. im glad i got an unusual name though. my names as uniqu as they come...

Guest SE4_2002
Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

My last name is Morgan..... that's big M, little organ........ I mean.... fuck!!! Nevermind.

Morgans a Welsh name, something to be real proud of ...:)

Guest sneak
Originally posted by SE4_2002

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

Morgans a Welsh name, something to be real proud of ...:)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm being proud of welshness?

lol

mines irish / scottish

Guest willy.wonka

my name i think originated from spain, when they went around the world raping and pillaging...it can also be japanese.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/tindlegenealogy/202fe714.jpg?gru5QcPBBC9Crru3'>

Tindle Origin: Scottish Spelling variations include: Tindall, Tindell, Tindale, Tindal, Tyndale, Tindale and many more. First found in Northumberland where the great feudal baron, Lord Adam de Tyndale held Langley Castle in south Tyndale about the year 1100. Some of the first settlers of this name or some of its variants were: Robert Tyndall who was perhaps one of the first recorded settlers in the U.S. He settled in Virginia in 1606, 14 years before the "Mayflower". The widow Tindall settled in Virginia in 1623, along with Thomas, her son. Another Thomas settled in Maryland in 1669.

Guest --zeSto--

My name is incredibly rare in the english speaking world.

Originally it was from the nobles of Anjou (the reigon of France now known as Normandy).

And the Anjou's were also part of the British Monarchy early in the 1400's.

But the name's been modified over time.

... and I'm not about to give it away here!

(so you can call me Zesto Delarock if you want)

Originally posted by --zeSto--

My name is incredibly rare in the english speaking world.

Mine too, I believe that only 8 different families (family structures that aren't related) have my last name... I've never met or even heard or somebody with my last name.

I'm also English...

Guest FromTheHeart

My name has French flavor (not very tasty). Somehow it survived mating season in spain,africa,cuba, and ?miami? .

Archived