where does your artistic art skills take you ?

Guest willy.wonka

Guest willy.wonka

just the other day i painted this piece....i started to apply all sorts of techniques to what i was painting and i must say,it looks tight,but it looks like someone else's piece....all i could do was luagh and claim that i didnt do it at all..

and well i was thinking..

do people stumble upon the same style as someone else due to using techniques that were point out to me throughout the years of painting?

basically,i think my shit look like some old revok piece...but it could be the colors i was using too..

like a firey "yellow, pupmkin orange 3D"

or the victorian blue fill that fades to the middle with grape and to a bold khaki gloss...my out line was black and i highlighted my letters.

i was luaghin my ass off..

my friends were diggin my piece,but i didnt know...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I don't like biting a persons' style but sometimes it happens-why?...I don't know...your piece might look like an older Revok work but Revok didn't paint it did he?...nope,it came from you and your fingers on the can-so fuck it.it's all good-just have fun with what you are doing and don't worry about it-so many things have been done already so it is hard to stay original...but it happens also.peace willy.

• 2 weeks later...

yer subconscious can leak thoughts and ideas that may have lead you to write a certain way... when your jus flippin through pages in a mag or you see it on a wall, certain styles may influence you and you may not even know it...

"...and knowing is half the battle..."

Archived