1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

where does your artistic art skills take you ?

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by willy.wonka, Feb 7, 2002.

1. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

where does your artistic art skills take you ?

Discussion started by willy.wonka - Feb 7, 2002

just the other day i painted this piece....i started to apply all sorts of techniques to what i was painting and i must say,it looks tight,but it looks like someone else's piece....all i could do was luagh and claim that i didnt do it at all..
    and well i was thinking..

do people stumble upon the same style as someone else due to using techniques that were point out to me throughout the years of painting?
    basically,i think my shit look like some old revok piece...but it could be the colors i was using too..
    like a firey "yellow, pupmkin orange 3D"
    or the victorian blue fill that fades to the middle with grape and to a bold khaki gloss...my out line was black and i highlighted my letters.

i was luaghin my ass off..

my friends were diggin my piece,but i didnt know...

2. MOE FUNK

MOE FUNK New Jack

MOE FUNK - Replied Feb 7, 2002

You should post a flick of that peice to get specific feedback.
    Sounds dope though!

MOE FUNK - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  3. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

willy.wonka - Replied Feb 7, 2002

yeah,i need a camera or batteries for my digi and hook up my scanner..

4. ASER1NE

ASER1NE 12oz Veteran Member

ASER1NE - Replied Feb 8, 2002

yeah its pretty impossible to envision anything but a puddle of colours without a flick

ASER1NE - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  5. 455

455 Guest

455 - Replied Feb 8, 2002

I don't like biting a persons' style but sometimes it happens-why?...I don't know...your piece might look like an older Revok work but Revok didn't paint it did he?...nope,it came from you and your fingers on the can-so fuck it.it's all good-just have fun with what you are doing and don't worry about it-so many things have been done already so it is hard to stay original...but it happens also.peace willy.

6. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

willy.wonka - Replied Feb 9, 2002

haha

im not sure if it does or not..now my friends say it doesnt....
    thanx though

7. strizzy

strizzy Banned

strizzy - Replied Feb 19, 2002

yer subconscious can leak thoughts and ideas that may have lead you to write a certain way... when your jus flippin through pages in a mag or you see it on a wall, certain styles may influence you and you may not even know it...

"...and knowing is half the battle..."

strizzy - Rank: Banned - Messages: