where do you see graff in 20 years?

Guest willy.wonka

Guest willy.wonka

i see rocket boots and slap-on pieces...everybody will live like its the 50's..our cops will be super-human"clones" and graff will be punishable by death.....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

...much as it is now, with some better paint more readily available, maybe some more effective respirators..

maybe the paint companies will catch on and they'll start developing more colors...

tougher to evade police..satellite surveillance

commercialized in advertising..

no longer underground....

in museums..

tougher crackdown by our justice system?

I'LL STILL BE UP (as long as i'm not dead and gone..)

I think it will be a fully homogonized part of society... it will have a new name, something 'safe' like 'sprayin'... something that encourages participation in the system. It will be an intergral part of ALL advertising campaigns, including political elections. There will be 'sprayin' schools and it will be offered for credit at major colleges. A Seen handstyle will bring $40,000 at auction...

I think a graffiti artist will become President and whoever it is will make graffiti legal. There will be massive 'Save The Yards" campaigns or some shit to save yards and keep them alive without being buffed every fucking day. There will be massive legal walls everywhere. Graffiti artists will rule the world..... MWHAHAHAHAH!

FUCK THE BUFF.:mad:

k....lets think seriously....at least from where iam graff seems pretty fucked.....i cant see it being anything good at all in 20 years.....too many toys coming out because graf is the "cool" thing to do among the 13-15 year old kids.....there arent as many new artists coming out with skill and the ones that were killing shit around here arent doing as much as they were before......at least where i live graf is gonna be shit in 20 years i think....unless there are alot of changes down/up here.....

style wise, there isnt much to else to do with graffiti, people have already mastered every aspect, from old school to three deez.

i think maybe that the trains will be extinct for good, maybe 2-3 panels a year, because all the trains companies will want to protect their super-fresh hover trains.

oh yeah, and there will be a prison island completely cut off from outside society, like in that movie "escape from absalon"

Guest willy.wonka
Originally posted by Smart

I think it will be a fully homogonized part of society... it will have a new name, something 'safe' like 'sprayin'... something that encourages participation in the system. It will be an intergral part of ALL advertising campaigns, including political elections. There will be 'sprayin' schools and it will be offered for credit at major colleges. A Seen handstyle will bring $40,000 at auction...

so true

Guest serpent of the light
Originally posted by ~KRYLON2~

graff on airplanes.......get up in more than one country

speaking of which, right after 9/11 i found this pic in a newspaper of hundreds of airplanes just lined up in the mojave desert, since flights were down and they were just like parked for storage or whatever. i wanted to road trip to that spot and hit airplanes, it would rule

Guest blood as ink
Originally posted by deformatron

i've changed my mind: i think that rollers will be the next big thing. i mean like HUGE bucket paint rollers, rollers that are as intricate as some peices, rollers in really crazy spots. i guess it is already happening though. one word: REVS

nobody will ever top revs.

I see security innovations, mostly technological, and their price will come down, so that a whole lot of spots will have surveillance and the manpower to bum-rush the bombers who get up for spite. I see a much more dangerous government toughening the penalties for graff, and not as many people will have the heart to go up against long prison terms to get up. However the classes will separate further, the poor getting poorer, so graff will continue to flourish in the areas where it's not cost-effective to control it, the poorest neighborhoods and other lonely fucked-up spots. But I think ports, freight shipping lines, transit lines, increasingly corporation-shaped cities, and wealthier residential zones will get more locked down. Freights are the ultimate test, and heads are still gonna be ambushing them here and there even if yards and lines and layups get locked down. Also small shit like scratch tags are gonna pester the elite forever, there's just no stopping the smallest shit.

yeah

i see freight yards getting locked down. they will be almost like passenger trains. thats what i see in the future. i see graffiti having another 'depression' like in the early 90's. graffiti will almost die out. the government powers will rejoice. then after 5 maybe 6 years graff will be big again. they will find some thing new to write on or vandalise? those little packets of ketchup maybe? every one sees them "yo man i went into the 6 yard to do some whole ketchup packets but it was a raid and i almost got caught"

Re: yeah

Originally posted by crackatinnie

i see freight yards getting locked down. they will be almost like passenger trains. thats what i see in the future. i see graffiti having another 'depression' like in the early 90's. graffiti will almost die out. the government powers will rejoice. then after 5 maybe 6 years graff will be big again. they will find some thing new to write on or vandalise? those little packets of ketchup maybe? every one sees them "yo man i went into the 6 yard to do some whole ketchup packets but it was a raid and i almost got caught"

your from australia and you say ketchup. how weird.

Originally posted by Smart

yeah but it will still be illegal and there would be a great divide between the safe sprayin folk and those creepin...(costal warring tribes like gansta rap?)

i see the future of graf on train obviously...but i also see the future on the highways via semitrucks and containers especially...the future of graf will be about transportation cause the buff is always close behind...

what would the world be like if graf was okaleedokalee? what would kids do instead?

In 20 years, I see about 1% of the members on here still painting, and they'll be griping about how real it was in the old days and how kids have no respect.

I don't know what graffiti will look like then, but whatever it does in the next 20 years or even 200 years, it will at least survive. there aren't a lot of movements you can say that about. that's why I hate when people say GRAFF IS DEAD. writing is a creative movement, & so it will always find it's ways. if the cops learn anything, they should learn that; we will always be here in some form or other. that's why change & development is a good thing, & innovation is as important as anything oldschool.

just think of it as every time you evade the authorities in getting up, it's cretivity & higher complextiy surviving over repression.

Archived