Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Where do you get your news?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Harvey Wallbanger, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

MSN, BBC, FOX, MTV, celebrity gossip websites, the local paper, friends, the radio, C-span, the Daily Show, or what? I know a lot of the people on here are younger these days, and I wonder if you even bother with it at all.

Growing up, the 6:30 world news was a big deal in my house. So was the morning paper. Now I get most of my news online or from NPR. I particularly like BBC.com, http://wired.com/, and The Week In Pictures on MSN. I'm also feeling http://activate.us.com right now.

So what else is good out there? Or does anybody even give a shit?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  2. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

whenever im bored i go and look at random news sites, i dont really make it a part of my daily routine, if i have something else to do, i'll do it.

3. They like FOX news at work, but I really hate there bias. Me, I kind of like CNN but support the local news team, got to give it up for the locals

4. Harvey Wallbanger

Sorry, I fucked up the last link.

Activate.com

It's a really good compendium of articles about world news, and they send out a weekly newsletter.

5. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

CBC News: The National
    CityPulse at 6 for local news
    BBC World
    Daily Show

6. Hashassian

Hashassian Banned

I dont watch the news....However I got this obbession of smokin blunts while watching the O'reilly factor haha hes just such a prick I love it.

7. Some1

Some1 12oz Loyalist

cnn.com for some reason I dont like it though bbc is prolly better NPR rocks

8. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

if i want real news i go with BBC. my girl and i usually listen to NPR on the way to work.

thats usually the extent of it. ive been over why i hate the majority of "news" outlets so im not going to go into it again.

p.s.- the news hour on PBS is turning into fucking Crossfire. fuck that.

9. Harvey Wallbanger

BBC definitely lacks some of the bias of the american news outlets... they run stories about shit going on in the United States that I'm like, "why the fuck didn't I hear about this?"

BTW, Let's get some links in here.
    http://boingboing.net/ is a really fun one, just a blog with links to some tech news, some political stuff, and some just plain wierd/hilarious shit.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  10. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Yahoo :(
    local news sites
    occaisonally i look at Indymedia

11. NAKED NEWS!!!!
    ha ha, not really I just saw a ad for it.

12. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

BBC is on my firefox browser

its a conveniance for me to just look at the tabs

13. Harvey Wallbanger

Yeah, I've found that I'm much more likely to keep up with the news (or any website for that matter) if I just keep it tabbed in my bookmarks. Part of my daily routine is clicking on each one. It makes it easy to keep up and stay informed.

14. Hashassian

Hashassian Banned

I'm assuming that BBC is a british station....but its intresting that they play some stories that you think should be played on our local stations or even the bigger ones...Are they that good..?

15. dirtydoses

dirtydoses Veteran Member

any news i read is from Yahoo. but for the most part i don't really pay attention to any of it (gossip, truth, whatever)