Where do you draw the line?

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

I guess this thread doesnt reflect the whole atmosphere of the forum but anyway. I've been looking at this stack of shoes i have and i realise i still have pairs that i bought even 4 years ago. I buy about 5-6 pairs everyear when what i concider logic for my needs would be three. Then i get into phases where i'm totally digging a particular pair and wear non stop for a month maybe more, sometimes i get completely unmotivated from some buy and i never wear a pair at all. All these means that none of my shoes reach the point of use where you just throw them away, so i keep'em..same goes for clothes in general..the thing is that i always feel much more comfortable wearing older shoes, jeans that have been shaped on me, tshirts that are a bit faded/torn. I dunno why, but i could never wear more than two brand new items at once and go out without feeling weird and i always like my shoes more after some dirt/wrinkles find their way on them.

All this is fuckin weird since i do enjoy getting new stuff but wait for them to go older to fully enjoy.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

when you were a kid and you'd get new shoes, the laces would be all super white and would look ridiculous so youd have to get them dirty. ha. i buy 1, maybe 2 pair of shoes a year. i want to buy more, but most shoes are just gross to me.

yeah, i called them 'gross', what?!

seeks/"were like kids, we get new shoes and run faster"

I get a new pair of dark shoes every fall and a new pair of light shoes every spring.

beyond that..... my ffet dont grow so boots and summer footwear

stick around untill they are worn out. Sneaks get worn out quickly.

damn im all about waiting for the closet wear and tear to arrive. i put shit in there for like half a year then finally end up wearing it like every 2nd day that week! maybe im just getting comfortable with thhe idea of something new haha i dont know. but then i also get stuff that i rock straight outta the store and thats always nice.

hah tesser you think you got it bad? I have shoes reaching as far back as from when I was 14...filas & ewings and they are still in good condition. I can't get rid of them.

I have maybe arround 23 - 25 pairs of shoes which is completely excessive. I only wear about 5 regularly and the rest are either too fancy or are only brought out for speacial occasions.

I rationalize my shoe problem by telling myself that it is a collection.

my sneakers go through diffrent levels

i always have 3 pairs of shoes , one pair to skate with, one pair to paint with, and a nice pair to go out with...

how can i put this in words...ok....its like this i will buy a pair of shoes...i will wear them out but thats it...once i get a newer pair the ones before it are now my skate shoes..then my old skate shoes are now my new painting shoes and my old painting shoes go in the trash...its like a line... get it? sorta

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle@Dec 23 2004, 11:56 PM

What ever happened to people wearing one pair of shoes until the sole wore out? Am I the only person who still does this?

No, I only own a pair of skate shoes, and a pair of Doc's. My skate shoes are still somewhat wearable. But the boots have just about had it, i think i have three large holes in one and two in the other. I think it's time for me to buy another pair very soon, i'm tired of salt stains on my socks.

Hmmmm... I guess there's something wrong with me. I have two pairs of sneakers that I've had for about two years. I just keep rotating them. Could explain why my socks always smell and my feet itch sometimes. Maybe it's time for some new shoes?

I'm a simple man. Flossing to me means cleaning out between your teeth with some thin string. When slang is thrown into the mix... this old white guy get's lost.

I'm like this with summer shoes, like sandels. As soon as they start looking worn and raggedy i feel like i cant wear them. I get new summer shoes every year.

My current winter collection of shoes consists of me only wearing two pairs, because i'm afraid that i'll get the rest dirty..

Same with clothes. Id rather wear the comfy hoodie that's three years old then wear the 80$ express jeans that are new and look good.