When.

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well, you know, i gotta be honest. i wouldnt have sent it all the way across the country just so i could brag to my friends that it was painted by 'when'. i was also hoping you could hook me up with some sort of discount, in exchange for... i duno, whatever i might be able to trade for your effort. it was sort of playing off my big idea last month, to get a network of people from all different professions, working together on shit....which i still think would be cool. i hate the idea of someone i know paying a grip for something i could easily help them with. i hate knowing that next month i'm getting new suspension, and it's going to cost $300 to get installed simply because i don't have the tools. i'd rather paint my homeboys kitchen in exchange for his help. of course flying out there to paint your kitchen wouldn't really be cost effective, but whatever. you get the point. ;)

anyway, to finally answer you. i was trying to cop some new mirrors...sort of M3 style, and i figured while i was at it, i might as well get myvalences done. nothing real major.

Originally posted by seeking

well, you know, i gotta be honest. i wouldnt have sent it all the way across the country just so i could brag to my friends that it was painted by 'when'. i was also hoping you could hook me up with some sort of discount, in exchange for... i duno, whatever i might be able to trade for your effort...

anyway, to finally answer you. i was trying to cop some new mirrors...sort of M3 style, and i figured while i was at it, i might as well get myvalences done. nothing real major.

i know you were just looking for the discount

i aint mad at ya, if we did paint i would be happy to spray some shit

but we dont, so well yea

bottom line...

i can get you suspension parts

i can fabricate you things

i can make you custom interior parts

and alot of other shit

but a professional paint job is a no go

delete.

Originally posted by Daze One Million

you know what i want, i want lambo doors in the front and lambo doors in the back, but instead of going up like normal lambo doors, in the back i want them to go up suicidally....make sense? thatd be an arm and a leg though huh

going up suicidaly makes no sense

i belive in the back you mean 'gullwing'

i havent seen custom gullwing doors on anything for a long time

and i belive there is a reason for it

it looks fucking retarded

unless you own a delorean or mercedes with factory gullwings

oh wait i reread your post and i think i understand what you meant in the back

and i refuse to comment on it

because it is rediculous and a horrible idea

anywho for your front lambo style doors you can buy a kit

i think it runs something like 1400

and is completely bolt on

auto loc makes it

heres their site... click

Originally posted by Daze One Million

some wild outrageous idea

ive got alot of those

although i doubt id ever do them

some are suspension ideas

some body modifications

belive me, they arent for the weak

i happen to be in the market for new suspension too, but since driving out to have it installed would not really be cost effective, unfortunitely you prolly wont be able to help.

i need to drop the whip about 2 inches.

even though you didn't ask, i'm sure you'll be pleased to know that i'm all about this welding/grinding shit. making stuff out of metal is dope as hell. i'm currently working on a big sculpture/lampish sort of thing, except instead of being a lamp, actually it just sort of glows from the inside. i dont know...pretty basic. i'll post pics when its done.

your thread stays. this stuff is too important for page 2.

:rolleyes:

i happen to be in the market for new suspension too, but since driving out to have it installed would not really be cost effective, unfortunitely you prolly wont be able to help.

i need to drop the whip about 2 inches.

even though you didn't ask, i'm sure you'll be pleased to know that i'm all about this welding/grinding shit. making stuff out of metal is dope as hell. i'm currently working on a big sculpture/lampish sort of thing, except instead of being a lamp, actually it just sort of glows from the inside. i dont know...pretty basic. i'll post pics when its done.

your thread stays. this stuff is too important for page 2.

:rolleyes:

i could more than likely get you the drop kit you need,

but then again you dont want to install it and shipping is horrendous

glad to hear youre still with your welding kick

im telling you, it will be one of the greatest things you will ever learn

the possibilities are endless when you can work metal

im on this kick right now where i want to make furniture

out of different car parts

(fenders, hoods, doors, trunks etc.)

im going down to the wrecking yard this weekend to see what can be found

we'll see how it turns out

shippings actually not bad if you go ups ground. i looked up a quote the other day, and for a 30 pound box (a cup kit) it was only $16.

if you have some fantastic hook up for cup kits, or coilovers for a 2003 jetta, i'm all ears.

i cant wait for it to get warmer out, so i can start diving into fiberglass. i'm really looking forward to doing my trunk. gonna be two subs hidden into the sidewalls with the amp probably hidden under a false floor. super clean and invisible.

if you have some fantastic hook up for cup kits, or coilovers for a 2003 jetta, i'm all ears.

i cant wait for it to get warmer out, so i can start diving into fiberglass. i'm really looking forward to doing my trunk. gonna be two subs hidden into the sidewalls with the amp probably hidden under a false floor. super clean and invisible.

ill see what i can find out on monday

we dont deal too much with static drops on cars

but we still have hook ups

so ill see what i can find out

fiberglass is oh so great

yea building sub enclusures and whatnot

shouldnt give you any headaches

if its cold where you are right now, you can actually

just set up shop on your kitchen table

Archived