When You're Sleeping & You Feel Like Somethings Holding You Down..

DEE38

I've heard stories of people who went through this. And I never experienced it till a few weeks ago... two days in a row....

You're trying to get up, but somethings holding you down to the bed...... weird.

Share you experiences.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what about when you're sleeping, and your legs fall asleep too....you don't realize it when you get up, and out of bed, only to fall flat on the floor, having zero control over your legs..

and yeah^^^^

that's something called a 'HYPNOGOGIC JERK'

everyone does it qhen theyre falling asleep.

pretty cool..i'm gonna make it a side name

i have several friends who say this has happened to them....they can be a lil religious at times...but usually not....they just said they started praying and stuff and it went away....one of my other friends said he used to hear voices in his closet at night...so he would get scared and pull the sheets over his head and then he would hear a voice right in front him saying...lookat me...i said look at me boy...and he said it would keep getting louder until he started praying...

man that is fucking weird!

i used to hear this buzzing noise or ringing noise in my room that only iiii could hear, it was fucked up and even though i covered my ears with my pillows it would still be loud, like it was in my head or something.

and i have the falling feeling EVERY night. and sometimes ill tweak and kick the air or something, its rediculous (sp)

dee: its called sleep paralysis.

Sleep paralysis, or more properly, sleep paralysis with hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations have been singled out as a particularly likely source of beliefs concerning not only alien abductions, but all manner of beliefs in alternative realities and otherworldly creatures. Sleep paralysis is a condition in which someone, most often lying in a supine position, about to drop of to sleep, or just upon waking from sleep realizes that s/he is unable to move, or speak, or cry out. This may last a few seconds or several moments, occasionally longer. People frequently report feeling a "presence" that is often described as malevolent, threatening, or evil. An intense sense of dread and terror is very common. The presence is likely to be vaguely felt or sensed just out of sight but thought to be watching or monitoring, often with intense interest, sometimes standing by, or sitting on, the bed. On some occasions the presence may attack, strangling and exerting crushing pressure on the chest. People also report auditory, visual, proprioceptive, and tactile hallucinations, as well as floating sensations and out-of-body experiences (Hufford, 1982). These various sensory experiences have been referred to collectively as hypnagogic and hypnopompic experiences (HHEs). People frequently try, unsuccessfully, to cry out. After seconds or minutes one feels suddenly released from the paralysis, but may be left with a lingering anxiety. Extreme effort to move may even produce phantom movements in which there is proprioceptive feedback of movement that conflicts with visual disconfirmation of any movement of the limb. People may also report severe pain in the limbs when trying to move them. Several recent surveys including our own suggest that between 25-30% of the population reports that they have experienced at least a mild form of sleep paralysis at least once and about 20-30% of these have had the experience on several occasions. A few people may have very elaborate experiences almost nightly (or many times in a night) for years. Aside from many of the very disturbing features of the experience itself (described in succeeding sections) the phenomenon is quite benign. It was thought in the past that it was a significant part of the so-called "narcoleptic tetrad", but recent surveys of non-clinical populations, such as ours, suggest that the prevalence may be as high among the general population as among diagnosed narcoleptics.

Guest sneak

apparntly, when you get the feeling of falling from a great distance, only to open your eyes and realise your in bed (ya know...when it feels like as soon as you open your eyes your body is bouncing off the floor or whatever) is the result of your heart skipping a beat...

that cant be good for a 17 yr old....:D

...how about when things in your waking reality enter into your dreams?

one night i dreamt that someone was tying a rope around my ankles,

the dream made me wake up and i kicked my legs to "free" them, only

to knock a small rodent off of my bed, that had been running around my

feet...on top of the covers...

only one of the many stories from that apt.

y

some times in my dreams i'll dream about having a sack or getting one or something of that nature and near the end of my dream i'll go to sleep or something thinking it's like any other normal day but not realiseing im sleeping and i'll wake up and be totally convinced that i had a sack or just bought one and i'll search fucking everywhere for the longest time then after a while or after i've given up looking for it i'll realise it was a fuckin dream.....that shit always pisses me off......

Guest SayOne

i cant sleep wiht the covers over my face because of that shit. it happened for no reason, i couldnt move or even speak, it started to feel like some one small wasd running back and forth, parrallel to me. i was fuckin flippin out but i couldnt move or see who or what it was cuz the covers were over my face. eventually i was able to mutter a profanity and i snapped out of it. i fuckin lept out my bed turned the lights on ( pretty fast too) and stood in that insane attack mode that everyone does unconsiously, i looke under my bed and i just left i went to my living room. i coulnt sleep for days now i cant sleep with the blankets or anything over my face

Guest SayOne
Originally posted by SayOne

i cant sleep wiht the covers over my face because of that shit. it happened for no reason, i couldnt move or even speak, it started to feel like some one small wasd running back and forth, parrallel to me. i was fuckin flippin out but i couldnt move or see who or what it was cuz the covers were over my face. eventually i was able to mutter a profanity and i snapped out of it. i fuckin lept out my bed turned the lights on ( pretty fast too) and stood in that insane attack mode that everyone does unconsiously, i looke under my bed and i just left i went to my living room. i coulnt sleep for days now i cant sleep with the blankets or anything over my face p.s. i didnt read anyone elses post till after but i had that buzzing / chain sound before i usually try to out hum it but that dont werk..i thought i was the only one

Originally posted by DEESIPHER

some times in my dreams i'll dream about having a sack or getting one or something of that nature and near the end of my dream i'll go to sleep or something thinking it's like any other normal day but not realiseing im sleeping and i'll wake up and be totally convinced that i had a sack or just bought one and i'll search fucking everywhere for the longest time then after a while or after i've given up looking for it i'll realise it was a fuckin dream.....that shit always pisses me off......

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! like the other week I dreamt that I went to the store to get some food before I went to bed,,, then I woke up thinking I really did have the food in the kitchen or something, but realized it was just a dream. I swear sometimes it seems so real.

And the weird thing is when I had that sleep paralysis thing happen to me... I could see my self in my dream. Like it was weird...... In my dream I see myself sleeping and im trying sooooo hard to open my eyes and raise my hand. In my dream I can see my hand raising, but im actually not..........

man, i have some of that stuff happen to me BUT when i sleep with my hands up a.k.a. above my head,

the blood gets cut off and i wake up with two dead arms above my head and i can't do anything about it exept thrash around untill the blood gets to em'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i imagined that...u wake up and yer like o shit my arms dont work and u start shaking to get up but ur arms dont work then u look like the guy that got his gold chain taken away by deebo in friday when hes running away......

i also get this alot, i never feel the terror though, i just think, oh i cant move again,

the fear is mostly due to the fact that people are used to having control, and especially being half asleep it gets scary, sleep phenomenon rocks though,

when you can see yourself, it is not a dream, you are actually out of your own dimension and looking at your real self, which would explain why if you become attune to this, you can realize, everything is as it is when you are really asleep, same messed up hair, same color shirt, everything, it really isn't a dream, its just you seeing yourself.

having control of my dreams is another story :)

Originally posted by mr.pescado

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i imagined that...u wake up and yer like o shit my arms dont work and u start shaking to get up but ur arms dont work then u look like the guy that got his gold chain taken away by deebo in friday when hes running away......

Yes, i thrash around alot.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Fryre Dekoy

i also get this alot, i never feel the terror though, i just think, oh i cant move again,

the fear is mostly due to the fact that people are used to having control, and especially being half asleep it gets scary, sleep phenomenon rocks though,

when you can see yourself, it is not a dream, you are actually out of your own dimension and looking at your real self, which would explain why if you become attune to this, you can realize, everything is as it is when you are really asleep, same messed up hair, same color shirt, everything, it really isn't a dream, its just you seeing yourself.

having control of my dreams is another story :)

Nah, it's still a dream. The brain is a hell of a lot more aware of your body state than you think, and tons of information is stored in it about the way the room looks. Your brain knows which way your legs are bent, remembers the order of the pile of books on the table, and listens to what's going on in the room. It simply recreates all this info in the sleep paralysis dream.

I've had sleep paralyisis quite often, to the point where I can willingly induce myself into it, and even have voluntary OBE's. I steer away from it these days because it's truly a disorienting experience that makes me feel very uncomfortable and helpless (as much as I'm aware of what's going on, it's still scary as shit to move your arm in front of your face and see nothing...Extreme effort to move may even produce phantom movements in which there is proprioceptive feedback of movement that conflicts with visual disconfirmation of any movement of the limb.). It also usually leads to a frustrating series of false awakenings that seem like they never end. Thus, I just stick to going back to sleep in full lucid mode. Beer,

El Mamerro

i dont have that, but sometimes before im about to go to sleep, just before im bout to doze off. i flintch, its weird, it feels like i tripped over, byt im lying in bed ? its odd.

I have this happen all the time to me, I was getting worried reading some of your post until some one said somethng about sleeping patterens. If I get a full eight hours somethings up.

I had this happen alot MORE when I was down on life and benge drinking and taking alot of drugs. I've had alot of scary things happen to me thru this Sleep paralysis, I've got up throwing haymakers and sweating and just all sorts of odd shit.People sitting on my chest, my grandpa told me to keep my chin up once I was gunned on that made my week!

I dream alot, I'm afraid of some spots out here just because of bad dreams I've had.I have to stop and tell myself is ok and move on to face my fears.I love dreams even scary ones they make me stopand think.I took a book out on breaking down dreams but I got half way thru it and was annoyed and returned it.It kept rebeating silly things about life that didn't apply to me at all.

Archived