when you're poor and hungry...

NOVAGIRL

i found this dented ass can of tuna in my cupboard...should i go for it? i just opened it and the appearance seems normal...if there is a normal for can fuckin fish...

i'm a poor college student who always seems to have cash for weed and SKYY vodka and cheap wine...priorities...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

go to taco bell, get a side of beans (.25) and 3 10" flour tortias (.25 each) it'll cost you exactly a dollar, plus tax. ten get a bunch of sauce, mix it in with the beans, and tear off little pieces of the tortias to dip into the beans. it'll fill you up and its cheap as hell. i lived off this stuff for about a year...

Originally posted by seeking innocence

no, 'getto' was calling a different fast food place everyday to complain about how they 'messed up' the order i didnt even have, then getting credit for free food. the lengths i would drive just to get free food... it was retarded....

been there done that..."my husband just threw up after he took a bit of his burger and a hair flossed between his teeth"...four free extra value meals all around...oh i'm not married in case you're kicking yourselves...

i ate the tuna on a bagel which a charged on my credit card along with my weeks ration of alcohol...needless to say the card is maxed the fuck out...when i make a payment i spend it at the state store...evil cycle

i became vegetarian eight years ago when i had these problems..

pancake mix, generic mac n cheese were some of my favorite budget meals.

also, buy spaghetti in huge packs (like 2 lbs.) and you can eat it with margarine and salt and pepper, or splurge for some francesco rinaldi..this will keep for a while

you can also buy a can of pinto or black beans for about 60 cents, and a pack of flour tortillas for 99 cents..this will last you a bit longer than the taco bell deal will

An even better idea (since you are on the internet and all) is to download a bunch of recepies for stuff like pasta sauce, alfredo sauce, tortillas and what-not. Then go to your local bulk wholesaler and buy the stuff you need. You can spend a day making enough food to last for a few weeks. Yeah, I know, it's ghetto to make something as simple as tortillas at home, but think about it. A pack of tortillas costs $.99, and there has to be some sort of mark-up on it. So you'd probably save money. And you could sell the extras to your poor friends. This works especially good with pasta sauces (I have a friend that makes his own).

Originally posted by seeking innocence

go to taco bell, get a side of beans (.25) and 3 10" flour tortias (.25 each) it'll cost you exactly a dollar, plus tax. ten get a bunch of sauce, mix it in with the beans, and tear off little pieces of the tortias to dip into the beans. it'll fill you up and its cheap as hell. i lived off this stuff for about a year...

ha, my boy called up their complaint number(the 800 one) and they sent him a pile of coupons for free food.

tortillas are great. get a pig back of them and a couple pounds of shredded cheese (or shred some cheese yourself) and stick that in a toaster over and bam, you got cheese tortillas.

what you really need though is to save up a little bit of money and get a rice cooker and a 40 or 50 lb bag of rice. it's worth what you'll have to pay up front to have a steady supply of minimal sustinance for like 6 months. that shit has been keeping me alive since i got my own place in august. whenever food runs out, i just keep cooking up a few cups of rice until i get money enough to go to the store. 2 cups of rice and 3.5 cups of water some salt and some oil, push a button and 30 minutes later you have hot food to eat. it's easy as hell. and if you have rice and tortillas and cheese, you can start messing around with that.. i like rice and cheese and salsa on the tortilla, it's like a rice soft taco. plus you can never go wrong with just rice and soy or terriyaki sauce. sometimes i go with ramen over rice. there's a lot you can do with it and it's easy and cheap once you get your cooker.

Guest willy.wonka

when i was in the hole,tuna was like a steak! tuna and ranch with a little bit of garlic pepper.

buy a $5 bag of rice it will last you for about a month....my diet used to be rice and a boiled onion..yup a bowl a day....rice tuna and a onion..

i never lost weight and i think i became stronger...physically and mentally....

but living like that did get me depressed...

Guest willy.wonka

ghetto grocery list

tuna

ramen

block of monterey jack CHEESE

tortillas

rice

eggs

ketchup //go to mc donalds or burger king

spaghetti noodles and buttah

oh and onions,lots of onions

Poor college students need part time jobs at food places. I worked at subway for two years and grubbed out like a fucking champ- plus if they'll let you put out a tip jar you can make 5 bucks for a decent lunch the next day.

i sneak into mr. gatti's pizza buffet on the regular. ramen is always around... and, here is a tip most grocery stores offer... if they have a product that is expired on the shelf, they will give you a fresh one for free... make a trip to the meat section at 11:40pm, and gather that forgotten same-day shit... take it to the register and bank... my friend has came home with 200 bones worth in the past week... yeah, i had that 1800tacobell complaint scam running through high school.

soup kitchen!

demo, i swear if this is you then youd better run cause my teams coming, and when did you go to a soup kitchen?!?!

yeah, im kinda trying to hit bottom right now, and the whole "eating" thing tends to get in the way, i try to steal someones parents price club card (or BJs or whatever bulk store you have by you...) and use that to get food, or i just go to trader joes...they have so much good veggie shit and its all relatively cheap. that and i buy alot of the Hampton Dairy iced teas, this shit is the shit!!!! 99 cents and its enough for the whole day most of the time, i love this shit so much...god...im going to get some now...

one time my pops told me if some mosquitoes land on a cow and suck a little... and a little... and a little... hell never notice. but a million all at once will kill him. so you get a job at a restaurant. you dont even have to be a cook(although it will be much easier on you). just take a few things every week. in my house right now i have:

8 ashtrays

12 plastic coke glasses

8 glass coke glasses

a stack of 5 hamburger patties(the big ones too, not little kiddie bites)

a stack of american cheese

a tbone steak

a prime rib

a box of latex gloves so i dont get dishpan hands;-)

a box of trashbags

a full set of silverware(soup, salad, entree, desert)

a big bottle of palmolive refilled whenever

a big bottle of glass cleaner "

a big bottle of degreaser "

and i dont even work there anymore. my friend who was the lead cook is now the head chef and kitchen manager. he hooks me up when he goes shopping. the trick is to do it a little at a time. not every day. like something every week. and try not to let anyone know youre doing it, not because theyll tell on you, but because theyll start thinking "man, i wish i had a stack of hamburgers and a tbone at my house..." then they start yanking shit, and someone sees them, now they do it. and when everybody does it, somebody lifts an eyebrow and somebody or bodies get fired.

STEALING IS WRONG

being hungry sucks.

you make the call

• 3 months later...

Archived