When your Girl has Your back

Gunm

Having a girlfriend that is into graffiti as much as you are is a pretty rare thing. At worst they see it as an idiotic pastime that brings nothing but grief. At best they dig it but only to pander to your sensitive side so that you'll turn around and treat them better/buy'em shit, etc...

But then again, there are some of us that have dated girls before that came along with you on your bombing/racking missions, watched you sketch and maybe even developed their own handstyle and throwie with time.

So tell us about your gf / chick reader. Some of your adventures together, did she ever follow you into the shitty underworld of graffiti, get up herself, etc ?

As for me, all mine ever did was mock and talk shit. She came along with me on a mission or two but was plainly bored even when it was just to take photos. Fuck....oh well.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my girl used to think it was stupid until she saw that its alot more then just scribbling on a wall with a can of paint. as far as moments we've shared that are graffiti related...im only 17, shes 20 so she can buy paint. she bought me paint for valentines day. she has a car and i dont so shes always taking me to different stores to rack shit. she likes watching me sketch. she likes to look at my graff books. she keeps a bag of my stickers in her car so she can put them up for me and shes beautiful so she can get me out of shit if i ever get bagged lol

i never complained hahahahaha... i was always there in the mix looking out. painting etc.... snapping flicks.. distracting people having a blast i guess our missions had alot of other things going on all wrapped into it... it was exciting and i wouldnt change it for anything... those were the good ol' days.. ahahaha... :huh2:

my girlfriend knows i write, but had never seen me actually paint for the whole time we'd been together. me and a friend organised a sunday hangover mission to a chill spot and she asked if she could tag along to see why we were so addicted, and how it all worked.

after about 10 minutes she said "i'm bored. can i leave?"

that's how stoked she is on graff

most girls i ever spend time with, think its cool for about 5 minutes, or a few days at best. If they ask, i show them flicks, sketches etc. I usually never bring it up. I actually never bring it up, but if she sees my stuff lying around i'll explain. Most girls i've fucked, or ever cared about think its pretty cool, but i leave it at that. No use in prancing around about how your the shit because of it, its one of those real world/graffiti world collisions for me. Call me close minded, but i'd rather not bore someone with how obsessed i am with something that she prolly won't care about. Prolly the wrong attitude, but whatever, it alone has never gotten me laid.

My wife never noticed Graffiti until she got with me..Now she talks bout what looks "nice" and what looks "shitty"..She really understands that its more than a hobby for me, its a Lifestyle..She knows that even if I said I was goin to quit , I never will...Now days shes really interested in learnin bout Graffiti..Just the other day, I taught her the difference between caps and their use...She dont mind me racking at all, I mean she does but she cant do nun bout it cause I'm a Klepto lol..She knows that I cant afford to go and buy all my inventory , so I gotta rack...Even though we have a few month old baby, shes really supportive bout my shit..I mean she wont mind me sneaking out at nite to hit a few walls and what not do sum fuken bombin..Haa, Till Graffiti do us apart... :haha: :haha:

Originally posted by Mr. ABC@Feb 24 2005, 04:42 AM

my girlfriend knows i write, but had never seen me actually paint for the whole time we'd been together. me and a friend organised a sunday hangover mission to a chill spot and she asked if she could tag along to see why we were so addicted, and how it all worked.

after about 10 minutes she said "i'm bored. can i leave?"

that's how stoked she is on graff

at that point you take revenge for all the boring things you are forced to do...ahem, shopping.

anyway girlfriends houses = where you stash your shit.

my X was into hip hop, graf, and even had her own tag,

Unfortunatly, she was also into cocaine, stealing my credit card, and being an insane bitch. We used to drive around and check out walls together. She encouraged me to write. She was nice to look at too. Its too bad she is such a fucked up piece of shit because she had good intrests and style.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC+Feb 24 2005, 11:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr. ABC - Feb 24 2005, 11:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sneak@Feb 25 2005, 05:58 AM

at that point you take revenge for all the boring things you are forced to do...ahem, shopping.

your girlfriend makes you go shopping with her?? haha, pussywhipped

[/b]

hhaha, shopping was an example.

im talking about all the shit-i-wish-you-werent-asking-me-to-do-this-with-you type deal.

you know, meeting the gay, bitchy, wanksta mates....

going to those shit films you knew were wack but were forced to watch...

etc etc

Yesh....

I also wanted to know if there was ever some hokey shit how you met like

"i was doing a fill in and then i looked across the street and there she was etching a department store window."

lol....sheee-it

My gf did some good work as a look out for me on a few occassions but mainly she'd spend more time scowling and telling me to "hurry the fuck up" than keeping an eye out.

ha ha

Originally posted by sneak@Feb 25 2005, 01:31 PM

hhaha, shopping was an example.

im talking about all the shit-i-wish-you-werent-asking-me-to-do-this-with-you type deal.

you know, meeting the gay, bitchy, wanksta mates....

going to those shit films you knew were wack but were forced to watch...

etc etc

you're so pussywhipped! haha. my girl has given up asking me to do shit cos i make her life a misery if she tries to drag me to one of her upwardly mobile yuppy friend's parties or whatever

Originally posted by LENS@Feb 24 2005, 06:18 PM

my lady eventually gave up the notion I'd stop with this stuff and went from "i want you to stop" to "i want you to be careful."

So for valentines day she got me a container of etch bath and a generous selection of mean streaks. score.

this sounds alot like my girl, at first she thought it was cool, than she realized it wasnt going away and hated it, and said i had to choose between graffiti and my crew, or her......i think its obvious what that conversation went like. so now she just says be careful.

i started a guy writing one time.

it drove me fucking INSANE!

especially when he started posting on twelve ounce as well.

godd this was years and years ago.

he sucked pretty bad, but had a couple ok ideas.

either way, it annoyed the hell out of me that my therapy, my private fucking double life shit was being invaded by this dumbass.

i lost respect for him for sure.

i was glad when it was over and he quit a couple months later.

ive never been with a guy that appriciated my love for it, i dont know if all guys tend to think that girls dont belong in graff or if its just the guys that i get with. fuckin bad luck though. if i had a guy that was as into it as me, or even into it at all, i would be the happiest lady in the world.

shaaaa there was this girl i was seeing...........she liked i do...i gave her canves for no reasons and she loved it...she even drew me back a canvas withi thought was pretty dope.....one of my homies, his girlfriend took pics for him.......when she would go jogging around town....and if she seen his art she would flick it....!! and other homie of mines....his girl fed of him and now she does art works......pretty sick!!

i dunno i think, girls in hawaii.....if u do graff....... they think your cool and FCUKING DIG U!

this guy ^^^ is drunk cause i dunno whut hes sayen....but this gurl im with...(juss dont tell her bf)....shes really cool about it...she evens wunt me to take her out when i paint but i dont think its a good idea....cause whut about if we get busted and shyt...ill take all the blame...but i dont want her to go thru that shyt....well i dunno dats just me......but she does wunt me to put her up doe.......gurls...cant live with em but cant live without em.......... :haha: