when parents make you pay rent...

vinyl junkie

well, now that i've dropped out of school again, and i'm living at home again, my mom has decided that i need to start paying rent... the bitch part is i can't find a job- i've been looking... well guess who's gonna be looking for jobs in different towns now-- towns with a few room for rent signs lying around too...

this sucks...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I had to pay rent the day I turned 16. It was $20 per week. As I got older it got bumped up. When I moved out it was at $150 a month. But I understood the need for it cause moms needed help with the bills. And I ate about $300 bucks in groceries a month to make up for it. She said the grocery bill dropped that much when I move out.

here's the thing that is making me angry about the whole situation... i work, but it's minimal, and it isn't set pay- it varies every week... but anyways, i end up borrowing about $20 a week from my mom, but that's it... i pay for most of my gas/started biking more so i don't need gas, and i don't eat any of her food... all i get out of living here is that i don't pay rent basically... it's not like she's gonna be saving money when i leave... this is lame...

Guest ilikeskulls.

vinyl,all the time you spend on 12oz is electricity used...that can add up...you internet junkie!!;)

Originally posted by Smart

seriously man, living with 2 people doubles the cost of living alone. Shit just adds up, electricity, water... all that shit.

yeah, i realize i'm probably coming off really spoiled and whiny sounding... but i've moved out before and was fine... i moved back cuz i went back to school... what i was trying to say, was that my mom will be doing almost nothing but profiting off of what i give her, and i just figure, if i'm shelling out so much cash, and it's so close to normal rent, why not shell out a little extra for my own room-- better yet one that's in a town i like... i'm already willing to eat dumpstered food and mooch other people's electricity, so i don't have that much to lose...

AAHHHHHHH !!!!!!

Dude , im going through the exact same shit , and im pissed off about it . we just moved too , far away from my friends and shit . and she says i gotta pay rent . so im like fuck , why the hell should i , the only reason i moved with her to hr bf place was bc she begged me to . and they make more than enopugh money between them . i could see b4 when my sis had to pay bc we needed it . but now she's just gonna be profiting , while im losing . and its very aggravating . so im faced with moving out.......which is gay . bc im just starting school , which i cant afford , and fuck . what kind of parent want to see there child in hardship , she should be making it easier for me by letting me save the money i earn . but no , she wants me to give it to her , for nothing . fuckin shit i hate being old .

i knew this guy whos parents supposedly wanted to show him independent living so they built him like a pool room (similar to fresh prince of bel air) in the back corner of their back yard with 2! yes 2 bedrooms and full dope kitchen it cost like over 50 grand, and his dad took him "furniture shopping" bought him a dope sony trinitron vcr stereo and playstation (back then playstations were like whoa!).....plus they payed him a weekly allowance..

in my opinion that kid was a spoilt fuck who turned out shit cause he had rich parents, but i thought i would mention it to show the extremes

Guest willy.wonka
Originally posted by Pistol

In my 20's and living at home rent free suckaz.:cool:

same here...that means our parents actually love us.

i don't know if out of towners know this, but rent in the bay area is rediculous... $500-$600 for a small studio apartment... and i have no money... i think i'm gonna ask if i can live at my work for a while, while i find a full time job and then save for a security deposit... although, so far i have found a couple of places in the area i want to live in saying they have a room for free or very cheap in exchange for a couple of days of childcare a week... but that means i can't get a full time job... but we'll see...

oh, and i'm going to a stupid job fair tomorrow... it's at 9 am, and i have to get up early to copy resumes... ugh...

damn man...seems rough^^^^^^^

cant you just compromise with your mom and tell her to let you stay a few extra weeks for free while you sort something out and find a job and a place

so sanfran bay is so expensive i wonder what the prices of an appartment in manhatten would be like :(

the place i just got with some of the homies breaks down to each of us payin $112.50 per month. :eek: that is the cheapest place i have ever found to live. and it isnt to bad either. granted it only has a bath and no shower, but i mean come on... it is dead fucking cheap. man i love the south!:D

Originally posted by BIG T

the place i just got with some of the homies breaks down to each of us payin $112.50 per month. :eek: that is the cheapest place i have ever found to live. and it isnt to bad either. granted it only has a bath and no shower, but i mean come on... it is dead fucking cheap. man i love the south!:D

hel yeah I have 2 friends that are splitting a $325 a month rent on a not so bad 2 bedroom

Archived