when i dream you dream, just like that.... BKA: where dreams happen

heavyLox

********** the story is just below, the questions are further below feel free to skip the story if you dont want to read it.

So since I was a child I’ve had dreams that all take place in the same series of ‘sets’. What I mean is I seem to have developed a series of spaces, all of them seem to be related to spaces I have had some connection with in the past; however they have been distorted so they have an air of familiarity, but enough stuff is different so that it can be confusing. Comfortable and jarring at the same time; the same hallways lead to a set of places; some times they go to the air port some times a train station some time elevators. As I get older and live more the spaces have grown and re-morphed into new same places. The new spaces are really interesting; I wish I could remember them better to map them out.

Lately I’ve been working this dream space that’s a mix between a train line I used to live by, a ski slope I’ve skied, and a combination of several Natural history museums, I’ve been too. In these dreams I sometimes see the same unidentified characters that act in background scenes. Mostly they are anxiety dreams, I’m always in the midst of getting from point A to point B, and in the familiarity if the spaces I get lost and or have to find new routes; I may also get held up by unforeseen events in the dream cities/worlds.

One of the last dreams involved a trip to Iraq, on walking/bussing tour or Iraqi artwork, namely landscape paintings.

The initial drama stemmed from trying to get to Iraq safely and meeting up with the tour group (the tour was inspired I think by the Wooster collective; walking tour of lower east side graffiti). So I have to get my family and lady (who changed 4 times through out the dream, starting and ending with the same woman). So we all get there but I’ve missed the group by minutes. I get a map and various forms of transportation. The group is now in a relative safe zone. To get the group I have go threw major battle field. I make it, find the group for a minute, and proceed to be distracted and I loose them. Over and over I loose the group, lil Hev all alone, eating baba and falafel.

Anyway it was an odd dream and Iraq was nicely constructed in my dream city/ space.

Last night re-caped the Iraqi story at work with a co-worker who has made clear she has feelings for heavy. After the convo I went to a meeting, at which point I became a camera. I panned down a long hall opening into a huge atrium with vaulted ceilings. So walking down the hall was the chic wearing a button up shirt, with big balck shoes and a really poorly fitting garter belt and matching red lace thong thing. The undies were too big so they gave the appearance of DBS (droopy booty syndrome). SO she’s walking in this really halting manner, really jerky, yet oddly grace full. Then I was in a bathroom stall with her, the bathroom was from my primary school. We worked it for a minute then I was entering a new stall in a different bathroom, this one from my second junior high/pre-prep prep school. So it keeps going like that, going a series of slightly familiar restrooms.

Do you dream in the same locations? Color, sound, smell?

Do you remember dreams?

Are you a neurotic basket case? WHAT THE DEAL IS?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dreams are cool.

when i was younger, i had this dream about being on a train and it keeps going and going, never stopping. the landscape looks all warped and smokey....i dunno, recurring dream that happened for years and years.

the recent ones have been about a child i haven't had yet. they stopped recently, but, man...they were crazy.

It jsut soudns like maybe, you are just trying to reconnect with your roots in your mind, so to speak. And the familiar dream scenes could just could be some sort of comfort zone in your mind so you could feel safe and secyre in your dreams. Does that make any sense? probably not

Originally posted by heavyLox

I make it, find the group for a minute, and proceed to be distracted and I loose them. Over and over I loose the group, lil Hev all alone, eating baba and falafel.

the word is lose. you lose your car keys, your jeans are loose

thanks, it erks me when people make that mistake.

now, onto dream land.

Do you dream in the same locations? Color, sound, smell?

nope. it varies all the time. people and places are often different. i have had recurring dreams on 2 seperate occasions (ie. two different dreams repeated on 2 seperate occasions....if that makes sense)

Do you remember dreams?

if i wake slowly and have time to continue thinking about what i have dreamed, then yes. if i get woken by my alarm then get up and head to the shower, then i'll forget it.

Are you a neurotic basket case? WHAT THE DEAL IS?

i dunno. my girlfriend will tell you i am

def not lucid dreams; I wish is could steer through them.

I remember quite a bit. Every now and then i feel vaguely aware of being a dream, but not so much it can make much difference

I don’t spend a lot of time worrying about what they mean, I kind of just enjoy them like TV and then remember bits and pieces to various degrees.