Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

WHEN DID GRAFF GO GOTH?????

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by jah, Jan 2, 2002.

1. jah

jah Elite Member

im not gonna hate on goth kids but ive had plenty of funk with them in the past and, while i try not to judge people that i dont know, they still annoy me to the fullest. im not gonna act like i have em figured out ornothin but it seems like they (or u) get off on keepin people on edge cuz tehy have a philosophy that it shouldnt matter what they do as long as theyre not fuckin with other people (which is true). but i still cant help but let it get to me when people think dark and evil or whatever is cool. why? i know that yall dont really wanna be miserable and have a miserable world. and i know some of its cuz they dont like how the world is or somethin but i still dont understand all the devil worship and all that shit. if there is a devil, why worship him? its childish and stupid to me. it all stems back to rebelion but there r causes that are worth rebeling against and tehre are causes that arent. and there are all different ways of voicing ur oppinions. tryin to freak people out and act like ur havin a shitty time all day doesnt especially get thru to me. r u goth heads out there just into graff cuz its kinda a rebelious art? or cuz u wanna wreck shit? or what. im not tryin to hate on goth cats but i just dont understand (and i know thats another reason theyre into it). goth music has always been the worst to me. im just sayin this shit cuz i get tired of all the people around fightin and stuff over stupid shit like styles but it almost seems like goths try to piss people off. wich isnt cool no matter how u look at it. its just startin shit and no one needs that. i dont know about all goth heads but the ones at my school did tons of shit diliberately to get under peoples skin and its just stupid to me. especially cuz they got beat for it a lot. like i said. im not tryin to talk shit. i just cant understand it. and why are there so many heads in the graff game now????

2. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

cuz...You used that too much there for the beautiful Zack Morris deams this minless dribble to not be worthy of a response.

peace out G

3. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Senior Member

speaking of goth (ok, so hes mainstream goth..or somethin...maybe not)
    anyone seen marilyn mansons "tainted love" video?
    i laughed my ass off when i saw it the first time...
    with the "goth thug" low rider..

4. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

waiting for Makros' comment in 5...4...3...

5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

rak, just leave it alone man, just leave it alone. i dont understand why white kids such as yourself need to talk and act like your from the inner city. i think that is childish and immature but i dont spend my nights worrying about it. if a 'goth' person wants to write, more power to them. you and your moronic hip hop 'keeping it real' ethics really have no place in graffiti and never have. obviously you havent yet realized yet that far, far more writers are into hardcore and other forms of music than hip hop. you infact, are the minority. which then begs of the question, why do you write? as an act of juvenile rebellion? because you want to get under peoples skin?

just leave it alone bro, youve made yourself look ignorant enough in the past, if you plan to participating on this board again, starting nonsense like this is no way to do it. before you question why others do things, why dont you question why your so closed minded that you cant allow them to live their lives in the manner they would like.

6. trickone

trickone New Jack

ya i thought that manson video was funny too

7. jah

jah Elite Member

....ill just leave this one alone.....

8. jah

jah Elite Member

although i want to reply to the "white boy... inner city" thing and a couple others, i wont. i just want to say that this thread was out of curiosity, not tryin to start anything but i can tell that ive already offended some people so i wont discuss it any further. if u want me to get into why i started graff ill just straight up say that it was cuz i thought it looked tight. i was already into hiphop and i thought it looked dope so i started sketchin. then i met some heads who showed me a thing or two and i just started likin it more and more. sometimes i still wonder what the point is but it all just goes back to art mainly. while i do like seein my pieces the next day and seein kids look at it and wonder who did it i still questioned what the point was of doin illegal shit. and its cuz it just inhances the feeling when i see it up in a high profile spot that everyone can see and wonder how he got away with that or whatever they think. and respect ties into it. i like the respect from other writers when they see somethin in a sketchy spot. only doin legals doesnt look good to other writers and id feel like a punk if i never got up. but mainly, its art. i like the way it looks. i dont like pissin people off with it but id rather be doin and pissin people off than not doin it. and ilike it cuz its an element of hiphop. im not sayin that its only hiphop (its obviously not) but it is a big part of hiphop. and im still into hiphop. and i dont think im hard and thugged out and shit but i also know im not a punk or a pussy. anyway..... my minds not that clear right now but i think i explained it okay.

9. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Senior Member

i wouldnt say that im a hip hop head...but i listen to it from time to time.
    most of the writers i know dont listen to hip hop only, but do listen to it occasionally.....hell, ive seen plenty of hardcore kids at hip hop shows, and vice versa.
    my point? who fuckin cares...if you only listen to one type/genre/style of music you are close minded.
    as am i for saying you are, or something...blah...too much thinking going on while at work..

10. jah

jah Elite Member

oh yea... and i may not be from teh inner city but im not from some white subburb and i dont, and never have led the typical whiteboy subburbia lifestyle and i have hella folks that are from teh innner city and spend plenty of timethere if it matters so..... i talk the way i do. if u heard me in person i dont think i would seem very thugged out.

peace

11. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

woooooofffffahhahhahaha..... man, my lasik corrected eyes hurt from chuckling...

12. jah

jah Elite Member

word

these guys assume i just listen to hiphop but thats not the predominate music i knock. maybe a close second but hiphop never comes first for me. i like some punk .... i like all types of music.

peace

13. jah

jah Elite Member

i forgot i said i wouldnt reply about that. my fault. but i didnt do it in an offensive way so.... my bad

14. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

you missed my whole point. it was to say, who gives a shit why someone else writes? you are in no position to be saying they have any less heart, or any less reason to be writing. who gives a shit if they want to be miserable and wear black? im sure they'd think you looked like a clown in your baggy clothes or whatever the hell you wear.

theres no need to defend yourself, and theres no need to discuss this with me further. im not goth and im sticking up only for common sense, which you clearly seem to lack. havent you yet noticed a pattern? you seem to think that everything that you dont understand is 'wrong' (abstract graffiti, goths etc) and everything you understand as 'right.' the whole world isnt to be understood, just respect people for who they are and leave em the hell alone.

chriminy christmas, i dont understand some people.

15. jah

jah Elite Member

alright. id like to discuss this more cuz my common sense is bein attacked but for the sake of peace, as well as my presents on this board ill just leave it alone completely. all i wanna say is that i dont think they have any less heart.

peace