Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

when CDs/DVDs get re-released...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Swiffer Jet, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

how do you feel about this?

like The Bourne Identity being re-released with SMASHING NEW ADDITIONS

or the re-release of the movie, Underworld

jessica simpson's newest CD didn't come with a DVD until probably a few weeks/months later

or...darkest hour's re-release of their most current album which now includes a DVD and linear notes. (i laugh at you dr. dazzle)

[[[CD's such as Biggie's re-release of ready to die doesn't count. as with It was written by Nas.]]]

it certainly pisses me off.

edit: Atreyu made a limited edition of their debut album which included a DVD and was individually numbered! faggots. (their new album fucking sucks, by the way)

double edit:: i guess it's some marketing scheme?

2. LaCosaNostra

LaCosaNostra Senior Member

3. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

Im still wating for the re-release of Donnie Darko.. other then that.. yea not to big on it.

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

depends on the reason.
    ready to die being re-released is dope, cause the sound quality of the original isn't too hot. same with it was written.

with bourne identity, i'm assuming they're just trying to cash in on the buzz of the new movie, BUT, if they offer substantial extra stuff, then good for them. the only people who will buy it are big fans of the movie, and people like that are stoked just to have the extra stuff.

i think alot of indie movies/cd's are being re-released now because when they first came out, either the market couldnt support the extra stuff, or it was cost prohibitive to include it. also, companies are scrounging for ways to beat file sharing/burned copies. one good way is with packaging.
    if a band i liked re-released an album with a bunch of new cool shit, i'd buy it just to have/support.

i guess this just isn't an issue i concern myself with too much, since 9/10th's of the cd's i actually buy now a days are at shows.

whatever, i still say you should turn the accord into a hydroplane.

5. ClueTwo

ClueTwo Veteran Member

They did a good job with Scarface...:eek:

6. diggity

diggity Guest

what bothers me even more is when walmart not only has cd's edited, but movies as well. real fucked up.

7. ClueTwo

ClueTwo Veteran Member

There should be a LAW!!

[​IMG]

8. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

but of course

hmm..never thought of it as that. i must agree with you on the favourite band re-releasing.

hahahaha

9. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

wal mart edits movies, too?

anyway, re-releases of out of print albums are nice. as are re-mastered versions, extra songs added, et cetera.

10. CrazyLazy

CrazyLazy Senior Member

I hate when I buy a DVD and it gets re-released with new stuff. Its all a scheme so that we have to buy 2 copies of the same movie.

11. JUDONO?

JUDONO? Senior Member

I need to get the biggie anniversary cd.

12. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

13. gatita

gatita Senior Member

I want Mary Poppins on DVD when it gets re-released. I hope it comes with an umbrella like hers.

;)