when CDs/DVDs get re-released...

Swiffer Jet

how do you feel about this?

like The Bourne Identity being re-released with SMASHING NEW ADDITIONS

or the re-release of the movie, Underworld

jessica simpson's newest CD didn't come with a DVD until probably a few weeks/months later

or...darkest hour's re-release of their most current album which now includes a DVD and linear notes. (i laugh at you dr. dazzle)

[[[CD's such as Biggie's re-release of ready to die doesn't count. as with It was written by Nas.]]]

it certainly pisses me off.

edit: Atreyu made a limited edition of their debut album which included a DVD and was individually numbered! faggots. (their new album fucking sucks, by the way)

double edit:: i guess it's some marketing scheme?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

depends on the reason.

ready to die being re-released is dope, cause the sound quality of the original isn't too hot. same with it was written.

with bourne identity, i'm assuming they're just trying to cash in on the buzz of the new movie, BUT, if they offer substantial extra stuff, then good for them. the only people who will buy it are big fans of the movie, and people like that are stoked just to have the extra stuff.

i think alot of indie movies/cd's are being re-released now because when they first came out, either the market couldnt support the extra stuff, or it was cost prohibitive to include it. also, companies are scrounging for ways to beat file sharing/burned copies. one good way is with packaging.

if a band i liked re-released an album with a bunch of new cool shit, i'd buy it just to have/support.

i guess this just isn't an issue i concern myself with too much, since 9/10th's of the cd's i actually buy now a days are at shows.

whatever, i still say you should turn the accord into a hydroplane.

Originally posted by seeking

depends on the reason.

ready to die being re-released is dope, cause the sound quality of the original isn't too hot. same with it was written.

but of course

i think alot of indie movies/cd's are being re-released now because when they first came out, either the market couldnt support the extra stuff, or it was cost prohibitive to include it.
hmm..never thought of it as that. i must agree with you on the favourite band re-releasing.

whatever, i still say you should turn the accord into a hydroplane.

hahahaha

Archived