Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Whats up fellas

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Fro, Jan 28, 2002.

1. Fro

Fro New Jack

this is my first post in the writers forum. That is all for now.

2. 455

455 Guest

3. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

4. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

you cant hang around here....unless...

answer this...

What is a ribosome? What does it do?

correct answer will get you: nothing much. you actually dont have to answer this at all. where am i? thats right. huggable boxing bears. thanks.

hi.

5. ~i~hear~voices~

~i~hear~voices~ New Jack

6. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

hahhahahahahaahaha

try to get 1000 posts in a month!!!i did.

7. Fro

Fro New Jack

Main Entry: ri·bo·some
    Pronunciation: 'rI-b&-"sOm
    Function: noun
    Date: 1958
    : any of the RNA-rich cytoplasmic granules that are sites of protein synthesis

ribosomes provide the structural site where the mRNA sits. The amino acids for the proteins are carried to the site by "transfer RNAs,". In the cartoon to the left, these are shown as blue molecules. Each transfer RNA (tRNA) has a nucleotide triplet which binds to the complementary sequence on the mRNA (see the three letters at the bottom of each molecule).
    The tRNA carries the amino acid at its opposite end. One can trace and detect binding of a particular tRNA-amino acid complex to the mRNA by labeling that amino acid. It will bind to its tRNA. In the case to the left, Phenylalanine is bound to the tRNA which carries the complementary base code AAA (adenine-adenine-adenine). This triplet code would bind to the complementary sequence on mRNA UUU (uracil X3). The mRNA is shown as a green arrow. This cartoon shows the selective binding site on the mRNA which is attached in the ribosome. It also shows the tRNA carrying the Phenylalanine bound at the site In this particular assay which uses a polyuracil mRNA, only phenylalanine-bearing tRNA is bound and detected on the filter.

i cheated.

8. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Re: hahhahahahahaahaha

i can atest to that!

9. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

i got a blister on my thumb from scraping wallpaper.

10. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

at least you posted in the right forum..props..

11. MR BOJANGLES

MR BOJANGLES Guest

hey, i like this guy. he didnt come off like a dumbass! wassssuppppppppppp!

12. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

I must agree with both Shameless and Bojangles.

You have my utmost respect Fro.

13. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

here,here

14. Iris

Iris Banned

it doesn't take much...

15. DEE38

DEE38 12oz Loyalist

this is a nudist colony............ in disguise...