Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

What's that (dutch?) hip hop group...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by kaesthebluntedwonder, Oct 18, 2004.

1. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

Over the summer a friend played me this either dutch or swiss hip hop, and it was all in complete gibberish. these guys just made up a language of gibberish making fun of french, dutch, swiss, english, you name it, over some real nice beats. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Who are these guys? I googled and searched different sites and came up with nothing close to what I was going for...i'm only asking here because all else failed.

2. With the description you put up I would think I would have heard of it, but I havent. Someone slove the mystery or add more clues.

3. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

::::eek:rtiz hand motion:::::

4. kaesthebluntedwonder

I'm trying to remember, I think one of the hooks goes maybe something like:
    lickychiko, lifisifo, lickychickymickylick mefo mefo/lickychimey, lickymifey, lickymififrickylick bestoo bestoo. yeah, i know this probably seems like a joke, but these cats were seriously nice at making up gibberish words and writing hooks. it had me rolling. maybe somebody out there knows.

5. MIZZaBcfly

MIZZaBcfly Member

there's a dutch hip hop group called The Postmen..but they rap in english...the only other dutch hip hop group i've heard are... the Osdorp Posse...is that who yer thinking of?

6. kaesthebluntedwonder

thanks for the help so far...it's tough for me to tell really because all the sound clips i've been checking out that are in dutch sound like gibberish to me anyway. so unless i hear the exact track i heard over the summer, i guess i won't really know for sure. unless someone out there knows.

7. Pinup

Pinup Senior Member

Yeah, i was going to say : it's probably just dutch. :lol:

8. kaesthebluntedwonder

Yeah, but it's really not. not that i could tell the difference, but i trust what my friend who played for me their track told me, that they had made up their own language of gibberish to make fun of dutch, french, swiss, english...it's some really funny shit but the beats are real nice.

9. snowkid

snowkid Member

get ahold of your friend and find out, because i want to hear this

10. Pinup

Pinup Senior Member

Hmmmm... making fun of Dutch, French AND English... could they possibly be Belgian ? I really have no idea, i just reckon it's a possibility.

11. kaesthebluntedwonder

no, they are most certainly either dutch or swiss. if i find out i'll be sure to put their name up here...definitely something worth checking out.

12. kaesthebluntedwonder

Ok, so I found out who these guys are. The group is fronted by Kresten Osgood. The track I heard is called "mork", and it's off their album entitled "IkschelTaschel". I tried looking for some mp3 links but could find none, but anyway, that's them if anyone wants to check 'em out.

[​IMG]

13. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

Bump this when you find the mp3s, I want to hear them.

14. kaesthebluntedwonder

i have the track on my computer, i just need to host it somewhere i guess. anyone wanna help out? i don't know what a host is. for real. i live in a cave from 1987.
    PM me. i want to share the wealth.

15. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

I can't help you with a host, but if I PM you will you e-mail it to me?