Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

what to do in NYC?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by mister metallix, Feb 4, 2001.

1. its pretty cold so its not as pleasant, but take a walk around manhattan,, go to chinatown walk around the shops. Ask someone where the graff shop is, i forget. a few throwies wouldnt hurt either, i guess. eat in mars 2112 restaurant (i think thats what its called) the food sux but the atmosphere is nice, its a bit pricey.. maybe if your legal age you can drop by a club or whatever music your into (im 16 cant do that)
    graff related do what you would normally do..you can stop by some fr8 yards, they are easy to find in the city ..info in the libraries and websites and word of mouth as well. i know you can get legal permission to be in the yard , but you have to sign a release form and what your doing (im a railfan..blah blah) if you want some fun exploring go down to the BAT (brooklyn army terminal) in bay ridge..big port authority yard. (with a police k9 training center nearby so watch out) you can either sneak in on the left side with big ass fence , or walk in legally, dont be afraid of the security check booth, they dont bother pedastrians just walk casually by

2. BoB Hope ONER

BoB Hope ONER Elite Member

brooklyn art museum.. MOMA.(midtown), guggenheim, met, natural history museum (my favorite) uhm lets see. walk down houston into the LES nice pictures.

ride the 4 5 from end to end..

greys papaya for hot dogs (if i wasnt a vegetarian)
    uhm lets see..ill think of more things

3. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

4. absorb

absorb Member

you got's to go soho and check out all the neat loft buldings and all the hot girls. Walking around chinatown is a must and if you like pizza you will never foget lombardis it was the first pizzaria in america it's located on sring st between mulberry and lafayett . have fun

[This message has been edited by absorb (edited 02-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by absorb (edited 02-04-2001).]

5. eros

eros Senior Member

anyone have an address for the jammyland record store?
    ...all I remember is that it was walking distance from generation records.

6. eros

eros Senior Member

good ideas bob. keep 'em coming.

7. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

san loco between 6 and 7???? on 2nd ave. right near STOMP. fuck burritoville!! you'll thank me later.

the graff shop is on west broadway off canal. if you get a chance mosey up west broadway for the biddies.. ooofahhh..

i'd peep the galleries and shit.

for awesome flix of NY at night you can head to jersey for the liberty science center or the statue of liberty. i'll tell you, it's a sight to be seen coming up the turnpike heading for the holland...

8. BoB Hope ONER

BoB Hope ONER Elite Member

burritoville.. waaay overpriced.

i know a few places for eats.

thai, vietnamese, japanese, greek you name it i can find a place for you.

whatchu looking to do dunny?

-jetson like elroy.

9. eros

eros Senior Member

eating is good. Do you know of anyplace I can pick up some good stuffed grape leaves? ...also quality vegitarian currys (tai or indian)?

Also, is there anywhere I can pick up some german nozzles?
    Do you know of any good music stores, where I might be able to find The Slackers new dub remix LP?
    Any especially interesting art shows that you know of?
    if you know of anything else that really stands out as being interesting then post it.

10. eros

eros Senior Member

I am making a trip up to NYC on february 21st for a couple of days. Does anyone know of anything especially interesting to do or see?

11. Seek One

Seek One Elite Member

paint
    oh then u can go be one of those cool kids in times square that stands out side of trl for hours in the cold hehe....

12. 23578

23578 Elite Member

bomb the system and kingpin, the addresses are in the shops of the world thread on the yard.

how is it you eat vegetarian curries, and want good stuffed grapeleaves?

i went to a good vegan restaurant, but i forgot where it was, i am also bi. you have to check out jing fong on saturday, sunday? for dim sum, cheap and a must see.

13. How about painting a clean train and get photos of it running in traffic...???

14. eros

eros Senior Member

15. jaWa

jaWa Banned

you are a retard for even asking this question..... grow a brain.