what to do in NYC?

Guest mister metallix

Guest mister metallix

its pretty cold so its not as pleasant, but take a walk around manhattan,, go to chinatown walk around the shops. Ask someone where the graff shop is, i forget. a few throwies wouldnt hurt either, i guess. eat in mars 2112 restaurant (i think thats what its called) the food sux but the atmosphere is nice, its a bit pricey.. maybe if your legal age you can drop by a club or whatever music your into (im 16 cant do that)

graff related do what you would normally do..you can stop by some fr8 yards, they are easy to find in the city ..info in the libraries and websites and word of mouth as well. i know you can get legal permission to be in the yard , but you have to sign a release form and what your doing (im a railfan..blah blah) if you want some fun exploring go down to the BAT (brooklyn army terminal) in bay ridge..big port authority yard. (with a police k9 training center nearby so watch out) you can either sneak in on the left side with big ass fence , or walk in legally, dont be afraid of the security check booth, they dont bother pedastrians just walk casually by

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you got's to go soho and check out all the neat loft buldings and all the hot girls. Walking around chinatown is a must and if you like pizza you will never foget lombardis it was the first pizzaria in america it's located on sring st between mulberry and lafayett . have fun

[This message has been edited by absorb (edited 02-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by absorb (edited 02-04-2001).]

Originally posted by BoB Hope ONER:

brooklyn art museum.. MOMA.(midtown), guggenheim, met, natural history museum (my favorite) uhm lets see. walk down houston into the LES nice pictures.

ride the 4 5 from end to end..

greys papaya for hot dogs (if i wasnt a vegetarian)

uhm lets see..ill think of more things

good ideas bob. keep 'em coming.

san loco between 6 and 7???? on 2nd ave. right near STOMP. fuck burritoville!! you'll thank me later.

the graff shop is on west broadway off canal. if you get a chance mosey up west broadway for the biddies.. ooofahhh..

i'd peep the galleries and shit.

for awesome flix of NY at night you can head to jersey for the liberty science center or the statue of liberty. i'll tell you, it's a sight to be seen coming up the turnpike heading for the holland...

Originally posted by BoB Hope ONER:

burritoville.. waaay overpriced.

i know a few places for eats.

thai, vietnamese, japanese, greek you name it i can find a place for you.

whatchu looking to do dunny?

-jetson like elroy.

eating is good. Do you know of anyplace I can pick up some good stuffed grape leaves? ...also quality vegitarian currys (tai or indian)?

Also, is there anywhere I can pick up some german nozzles?

Do you know of any good music stores, where I might be able to find The Slackers new dub remix LP?

Any especially interesting art shows that you know of?

if you know of anything else that really stands out as being interesting then post it.

bomb the system and kingpin, the addresses are in the shops of the world thread on the yard.

how is it you eat vegetarian curries, and want good stuffed grapeleaves?

i went to a good vegan restaurant, but i forgot where it was, i am also bi. you have to check out jing fong on saturday, sunday? for dim sum, cheap and a must see.

Originally posted by 23578:

bomb the system and kingpin, the addresses are in the shops of the world thread on the yard.

how is it you eat vegetarian curries, and want good stuffed grapeleaves?

-stuffed grape leaves don't necesarily have any meat in them.

other music. for cd's and harder to find stuff. i think theres one still off broadway.. uhm somewhere near where anime crash used to be.

look in the fonebook.

i know this great bangledeshi place my boy got me hooked on. spicey.

its on 24th/25th or something and lex.. cant really miss it. up the street from SVA housing. if that is any point of orientation.

uhm its downstairs from street level with a green or red awning.. dope affordable.

lets see.

what else what else.

foh shizum

Originally posted by tombone:

you are a retard for even asking this question..... grow a brain.

I am retarded because i thought people who live in new york might have a better idea of what is there than i do?... who did you say needs to grow a brain?...Ithe awnser is you.

kaikai btwn 8 and 9 on ave A is awesome cheap tai food!! if its warm, walk across the williamsburg bridge or the brooklyn bridge. check out this bar called siberia, its at the 50th st. sub stop on the 1 9 i think, its blast!

all for now

Originally posted by tombone:

New York is huge, I said that because if you are asking that general a question it just seems stupid. Maybe try and focus more on one or two things as opposed to NY in general, I'm just being an ass today. sorry.

"anyone have an address for the jammyland record store?"

"eating is good. Do you know of anyplace I can pick up some good stuffed grape leaves?"

"...also quality vegitarian currys (tai or indian)?"

"Also, is there anywhere I can pick up some german nozzles?"

"Do you know of any good music stores, where I might be able to find The Slackers new dub remix LP?"

"Any especially interesting art shows that you know of?"

so,tomb, what were you saying about specific questions?... I think I have made my point.

YOur going to want to go fulton ave in Brooklyn most definitely. They hve all sorts of fly shit there bootleg clothes,Gold fronts,a couple of record stores but mostly hip hop and dancehall so i dont know if you can get your slackers lp there but i dont know what that is so you might find it. Good luck!

Guest professor poopatronic

i don't know if it's such a good idea to be saying specifically where you rack from on this forum. i wouldn't suggest ever going there again.

Archived