What the "urban explorers" think of graffiti.

GnomeToys

http://www.uer.ca/forum_showthread.asp?fid...3&threadid=7264

Somebody from the infiltration boards dug up one of my old posts here and now they're busy hating on "taggers". I seriously started laughing my ass off while reading some of the thread over there.

Posted by Heartless

I kill taggers and "hardcore" punk bitches.

And who gives a shit what taggers, vandals, and graffiti "artists' think about what we do and how we do it. Like their opinion counts for anything in this world, except for the fact that the bastards can vote if they are over 18 in the USA. I'm with WRabbit in saying that I hate seeing some dumbass kid's name or a crude depiction of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle scrawled on the walls of places with historic significance. If I caught them doing it, their dead body would be on the wall, too.

I don't think they're paying attention to who exactly was busy covering the Subway Tunnels, Rooftops, and abandoned buildings before there was an internet for them to post pictures on. :-)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'd like to see that dick face try to "put my dead body on the wall for the next person to see"..

My associates and I would drag him to the top of the factory and throw him off the top.

I dont see and difference here.. Hobby with stupid fuckers and smart fuckers VS. Hobby with stupid fuckers and smart fuckers..

Wheres the median?

When looking at graff from the outside, it is much easier to see the dumb folks than the smart ones... to their credit, 'urban explorers" just trespass, we trespass and then paint what we find. I can see why they would get pissed off, and agree to an extent. Some things just look better without graffiti.

That 'heartless' cat on the otherhand....

It's interesting to read about what graffitists (I never call them artists if I can help it, bceause little of that is art) think of urban explorers. I know many of them trawl UE related web sites to find locations of places to trash. But it was interesting to see what they thought of our hobby and ourselves. I think I will be making a definte decision not to just give out locations of places much anymore because a lot of the sites I used to give out location information for just end up getting trashed by vandals and painters.

Admittedly there are some "artists" out there, who do nice work, who's material does enhance a place. But the vast majority of them seem to be taggers who just go around scrawling crap like a dog peeing on poles to mark it's territory.(and I've heard they make that distinction themselves, with associated arguments over the true art form and taggers

i quoted this from the site

Guest uncle-boy

iiiiinnnnnnteresting...

some of them actually agree with what was said and some just wont get over how much they hate or dont understand why kids hit up shit that aint theres. and for some reason the haters all seem to believe that "taggers" all consider themselves artist and shit, i thought that was funny for a few reasons.

Ok, i never heard of urban exploring until recently, and when i did hear about it i held some respect for the people who did it because i enjoy checking out old factories and other abandoned places, and i do respect the history. But jesus fucking christ, these kids are the biggest pussys ive ever heard of in my entire fucking life. As i was going through there site, they actually had a thread about if people wore gloves because of getting there finger prints matched by the poilce. The cops dont even fucking dust for prints at a robbery MOST of the time depending on if someone was killed or alot of money taken. Another thread was about "comprimising theyre stealth"....and that cops actively search for these urban exploring renegades. They wouldnt even get community service for tresspassing. I discovered this is what dungeon and dragon geeks do between the next star wars and lord of the ring conventions. And some of those fucktards have the nerve to say theyll kill me if they saw me painting...screw getting arrested and shot at by ese rios and robbed by junkies, i better look out for frodo and his gang of wild urban exploring thugs. Seriously who the fuck are these kids to determine wether graffiti makes a spot worse or better. And i also find it funny that one of the kids laughed off the notion that he was pretentious in the same paragraph putting all graffiti, from "BlAzE OnEr mad weed" to actually decent shit in the same category. They should stick to driving there moms car to funco land instead of painting spots and crackhouses.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

Oh god.....do those guys really dress like that?

Many of them do. Some of them are just older guys that wander around new construction and buildings. http://www.actionsquad.org/ is one of the better groups, that was almost getting themselves killed by methane gas in sewers looking for old caves before most of the 13 year old fuckwits that post on infiltration even knew what the internet was.

I know a few people from Purdue that have managed to get past motion sensors and locks in the tunnel system here that nobody had been in for at least 10 years prior other than Purdue staff.

I've found a .25 auto handgun minus a clip in the storm drains around here, about 1/4 mile in, and I think this shit is fun, but I've grown to really dislike the infiltration forums lately. You don't fucking need ninja shoes and street fighter gloves to wander around an abandoned building, and you won't find people on 12oz talking about what nightvision they use to paint at night and which shoes are the most silent.

They'll bitch when some new kid comes on and asks if its ok to break a window to get into a building that's been abandoned for 20 years, citing ethics. At the same time, someone found an old air force or nasa facility in the middle of nowhere in florida, containing a possibly live missile behind a welded door, and they're actually cheering him on to go out there with an oxy-acetylene torch and cut it open, as long as he welds it shut.

They're going to ban me over there if/when they see this, but who cares. I certainly wasn't wandering around in old/abandoned shit when I was young for netfame, and I'm not doing it for that reason now.

what a bunch of faggots.

trespassing is fun, but anyone who calls themselves an "urban explorer" and actually thinks that cops give 2 shits about him is delusional.

i want to bring these kids to "explore" the projects in new orleans at night. then i will ditch them and see if they can find their way out.

Originally posted by BOZACK

what a bunch of faggots.

trespassing is fun, but anyone who calls themselves an "urban explorer" and actually thinks that cops give 2 shits about him is delusional.

i want to bring these kids to "explore" the projects in new orleans at night. then i will ditch them and see if they can find their way out.

i was thinking about it.....they wouldnt set foot in any abandoned spot near any city or place where there ultra cool ninja gear there mom paid for could get potentially robbed. so i dont see why there complaining about graffiti in the first place, theres not really an abundance in it in a town of 4 people somewhere in ohio.

Originally posted by GnomeToys

At the same time, someone found an old air force or nasa facility in the middle of nowhere in florida, containing a possibly live missile behind a welded door, and they're actually cheering him on to go out there with an oxy-acetylene torch and cut it open, as long as he welds it shut.

thats possably the stupidest thing ive ever heard. maybe dora the explorer needs to show these kids how real g's do it...

http://www.tnpc.com/images/soa/hol02/Dora-the-Explorer.jpg'>

i to have done this "urban exploring" stuff, before i knew there was websites dedicated to it, go out with a maglight and a pry bar and see whats out there

Originally posted by ASN

Ok, i never heard of urban exploring until recently, and when i did hear about it i held some respect for the people who did it because i enjoy checking out old factories and other abandoned places, and i do respect the history. But jesus fucking christ, these kids are the biggest pussys ive ever heard of in my entire fucking life. As i was going through there site, they actually had a thread about if people wore gloves because of getting there finger prints matched by the poilce. The cops dont even fucking dust for prints at a robbery MOST of the time depending on if someone was killed or alot of money taken. Another thread was about "comprimising theyre stealth"....and that cops actively search for these urban exploring renegades. They wouldnt even get community service for tresspassing. I discovered this is what dungeon and dragon geeks do between the next star wars and lord of the ring conventions. And some of those fucktards have the nerve to say theyll kill me if they saw me painting...screw getting arrested and shot at by ese rios and robbed by junkies, i better look out for frodo and his gang of wild urban exploring thugs. Seriously who the fuck are these kids to determine wether graffiti makes a spot worse or better. And i also find it funny that one of the kids laughed off the notion that he was pretentious in the same paragraph putting all graffiti, from "BlAzE OnEr mad weed" to actually decent shit in the same category. They should stick to driving there moms car to funco land instead of painting spots and crackhouses.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha ha ha ha, oh man, this post is golden....I was going to leave a rant talking trash on these "urban explorer" dickheads but no need....this hot shot rookie already went ahead and beat me to the punch! "I better look out for Frodo and his gang of urban exploring thugs....." bwa ha ha ha, oh man, funny funny.

this is gay.

i know a few members of the cave clan (including the founder) who as far as i know are the first organised group of urban explorers out there. the cave clan includes a few writers and although the head honcho isn't too keen on graf, he doesn't hate writers.

Originally posted by LENS

Ha ha ha ha, oh man, this post is golden....I was going to leave a rant talking trash on these "urban explorer" dickheads but no need....this hot shot rookie already went ahead and beat me to the punch! "I better look out for Frodo and his gang of urban exploring thugs....." bwa ha ha ha, oh man, funny funny.

thank you, i try:cool:

Archived